Story England's Journey to WorldCup-Ashes06-07 : 3rd Test (Perth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah pleased you got PS going again, good luck with the update mate, very much looking forward to it ;)

Strauss scores half century

Australia are on top of the match as England lost 2 wickets in a single over of Brett Lee . England lost both Vaughan who scored 16 runs and Bell who went for a duck . England are under pressure at this stage of the match as tea break is just an hour away . England need to build a partnership at this stage and the most important thing is not to lose more wickets. Kevin Pietersen is the new batsman for England . Pietersen is brilliant with the bat and a promising player who made his test debut in Ashes 2005 where he proved his excellence with the bat . He has an average of 50 in test matches and when he gets going its difficult for the opposition to stop him from scoring runs.
KP takes guard
80mt0.jpg

Australia are making a change in the bowling with Stuart Clark replacing Glenn McGrath . Clark is a good bowler and has the habit of picking wickets at regular intervals . He is selected in the squad for his wicket taking ability and now as England are under pressure by losing couple of quick wickets its a good time to introduce Stuart Clark in the bowling attack .
Clark is the 1st bowling change
81xw7.jpg

Meanwhile Strauss and Pietersen started scoring by picking up singles . Pietersen was slow to start his innings but Strauss is playing with confidence and with his 3rd boundary of the innings he reached his half century . Strauss has played well for his 50 runs in 69 balls with 3 fours but he has to stay at the wicket and build a big partnership with Pietersen .
Strauss celebrates his 50
83qo9.jpg

(Scorecard will be posted in the next update as i missed to take the screen for this update )

Nice stuff gamer. Better get Strauss soon but. Can't let him get into form. I reckon if you get KP then the rest of the batting will follow:)

Great 50 from Strauss. Very well calculated and at a good speed. Big partnership now :)
Yeah big partnership is expected but now Warne is introduced in the bowling attack .

Nice stuff gamer. Better get Strauss soon but. Can't let him get into form. I reckon if you get KP then the rest of the batting will follow:)
Thanks Hooper :) Yeah i agree with you that when couple of wickets fall the England batting order just collapse without offering any resistance.

Good 50 from Strauss. Love the pres gamer! Keep it up.

Cheers for your comments guys . I will update the rest part till tea session today with the scorecards and i may work on hot spot as well .:)

With Warne coming in and Strauss settled it's pretty even at the minute, K.P should pick up his pace from here, great work Gamer!

Warne creating chances as England are 117/3 at tea

With England in some spot of bother have lost 3 wickets inside the first 15 overs of their innings, Australia are looking more and more aggressive to get few more wickets and take the match away from England . Strauss has reached his half century and Pietersen is slow to start his innings but still there have a big task in front of them as the world number 1 spinner Shane Warne is introduced in the attack. Shane Warne has a great test career and this is his final Ashes series . He already has 675 wickets to his name and will be looking to get those 15 wickets in this series to become the first bowler to take 700 wickets in test matches . England should be careful at this little period of the game as the tea break is just few minutes away.
Warne introduced in the bowling attack
82ef7.jpg

Warne is already spinning the ball to a good extent from his first over. Both Pietersen and Strauss are finding it difficult to face the leg spin of Warne . Already England are in trouble with three wickets down and Warne will like to take another wicket before tea. Australia were very close to pick up another wicket and this time it was Kevin Pietersen. Warne drifted one down the legside and Pietersen went for the sweep shot but there was some deflection and Gilchrist took a superb catch on the legside . A huge appeal for caught behind was made by the fielders around the bat but umpire turned that one down saying it came of the pads and since the ball pitched way outside the leg stump it wasn't an lbw as well. Warne and Gilchrist were not happy with the umpires decision as according to them the ball came off the glove .
Pietersen survives
87at3.jpg

But the HotSpot confirmed that the ball didn't make any contact with the glove and it just came of the front pad.
Pietersen's caught behind appeal : Animated HotSpot
88vw8.gif

Warne was bowling tightly from one end but Clark was giving away easy runs from the other end. He was not accurate with his line and length . Sometimes he was bowling on the leg and sometime he was bowling outside the offstump making it easier for the two batsmen to score easy runs
Clark giving away easy runs
86sg2.jpg

But still Shane was creating chances from the other end . Pietersen who likes to be on the aggressive side was kept quiet by Warne for couple of overs . Warne bowled a flighted delivery to him and Pietersen made good use of his feet but failed to kept the ball down but was lucky as the ball was just wide of the diving fielder. Next ball he went for the drive but he was once again lucky as the ball got the outside edge but there was no second slip in place. England were playing cautiously now but Strauss was trapped in front by Warne and Australia could have got their 4th wicket only for the umpire who turned that one down and removed the bails as it was the end of 2nd session of day 2.
Warne creating chances
88et0.jpg

Warne to Strauss : Animated Hawkeye
89xn9.gif

England Scorecard
84nm0.jpg

Australia Bowlingcard
85ck3.jpg

This session belonged to Australia as they got 3 England wickets but Strauss and Pietersen are playing well to rescue England from this situation. If they can pickup another wicket then England will be in deep trouble and there is a chance for Australia to take the advantage.

England : 117/3 (30 overs) Trail by 302 runs.

A.Strauss :68*(89) 6 Fours
K.Pietersen :22*(51) 2 Fours

Australia : 419/10 (107.4 overs)

Last edited:
Some gud chances there.. England going well atm.. but 2 more quick wickets will turn the entire scenario ;)

Man that Warne face is awesome - Credit to whoever made it! ..As a matter of fact, all the faces look hell better and more realistic then the 07 ones! Man, seeing these stories using older versions of EA Cricket makes me want to get the game!

That Hot Spot is simply amazing! Well Done! No-one does it better!
Geez, Warnie! So many chances in just 4 Overs! You are a magician! Strauss and KP are gonna have to hold on for dear life here! One or two more wickets and you never no, a batting collapse may be on the cards:p

Hot Spot is looking fantastic :clap England going nicely at the moment .but few more wickets they will be again in the back foot .Graet story and awesome presentation Gamer :) Brilliant effort with Hot Spot :hpraise

AWESOME. Is the only word to sum up that update. You said on MSN that the best was to come in the next update and you definetly delivered. Awesome work mate. KUTGW.

Come on England, time for KP to start dominating Warney tbh.

WOW! Gamer, you truly have left me speechless after that update. You have put a great deal of effort into it and it shows. The Hot Spot looks great Gamer! I wish I could do what you are able to. Well done Gamer! Keep it up!

Love the animated Hotspot Gamer! Looks just like the real thing.

Great batting by KP and Strauss, but they need to really kick on now. need another 100 runs in this partnership...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread