• Dhoni

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Agent 47

Votes: 10 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, Dhoni will probably never achieve a 50 average in tests, while Gilly maintained that or maybe just below (47 or 48?) in around 96 test AND with a SR of 88 coming in at number 7!!!! Now that's power.

As for ODIs, Gilly was better there too no question. Him and Hayden simply destroyed oppositions. He even did better than Dhoni in the IPL. I don't understand how Dhoni comes even close.

... Dhoni?
confused.gif

Gilly Fan added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

What?

Gilly is the greatest One Day player Australia has ever produced (According to the players). He beats Dhoni hands down. 16 centuries, 55 half centuries. Got Australia off to a flying start in the majority of the matches they played. He beats Dhoni in all forms.
He doesn't.

Gilly never managed to be World No.1 in ODI rankings.

Higher number of centuries in ODI cricket means nothing, because Gilly comes in at No.1 while Dhoni comes in at No.6.

Dhoni has saved India so many times in the last 3 years and much more than wham-bham-thank-you-maam approach of Gilchrist.

And despite having the chance to score more, Gilchrist averaged 13 less than Dhoni in ODI cricket.

You're joking aren't you?

He doesn't.

Gilly never managed to be World No.1 in ODI rankings.

Higher number of centuries in ODI cricket means nothing, because Gilly comes in at No.1 while Dhoni comes in at No.6.

Dhoni has saved India so many times in the last 3 years and much more than wham-bham-thank-you-maam approach of Gilchrist.

And despite having the chance to score more, Gilchrist averaged 13 less than Dhoni in ODI cricket.

You're joking aren't you?

No I think everyone here who can tell the truth and be honest agrees that Gilchrist is a better player.

Dude the longer you play means more chances for your average to go down. Gilly played 100+ ODIs more than Dhoni so once Dhoni gets to the same mark as Gilly and if he is still averaging 13 more runs than he can be called better than Gilly.

Dont know what kind of logic your using but you can stop now.

No I think everyone here who can tell the truth and be honest agrees that Gilchrist is a better player.

Dude the longer you play means more chances for your average to go down. Gilly played 100+ ODIs more than Dhoni so once Dhoni gets to the same mark as Gilly and if he is still averaging 13 more runs than he can be called better than Gilly.

Dont know what kind of logic your using but you can stop now.
I'd be admitted in an asylum if I ever suggested that Dhoni was a better test cricketer than Gilly. No, never it will be.

However let's take out our rose tinted glasses when it comes to ODIs.

At the end of 125 ODIs, Dhoni has 3935 runs @ 46.84 as compared to Gilchrist's 3914 @ 36. Dhoni has scored more runs than Gilly despite playing 8 less innings (112 to 120). So your argument is easily crap. And the strike rates are more or less similar (Dhoni - 90, Gilly - 89)

I'd be admitted in an asylum if I ever suggested that Dhoni was a better test cricketer than Gilly. No, never it will be.

However let's take out our rose tinted glasses when it comes to ODIs.

At the end of 125 ODIs, Dhoni has 3935 runs @ 46.84 as compared to Gilchrist's 3914 @ 36. Dhoni has scored more runs than Gilly despite playing 8 less innings (112 to 120). So your argument is easily crap. And the strike rates are more or less similar (Dhoni - 90, Gilly - 89)

yea and than you look at Gillys strike rate at the end of his career and its 97. Like I said wait untill Dhoni plays the 287 ODIs that Gilly played and if he is still averaging better and has done more for his team than we can call him better than Gilly. Lets see him 1st win a few world cups for his team.

yea and than you look at Gillys strike rate at the end of his career and its 97. Like I said wait untill Dhoni plays the 287 ODIs that Gilly played and if he is still averaging better and has done more for his team than we can call him better than Gilly. Lets see him 1st win a few world cups for his team.
As if Gilchrist personally won the World cups. Get a life dude.

You are clutching at straws by saying let him play 285 ODIs and stuff. He's already done way way better than what Gilly had done in his career at the same point. And he's proved he can handle the captaincy well also.

If we have to wait till 300 ODIs and 100 Test to judge Dhoni then why the hell is this thread still open. It should be closed already and opened after 10 years.
:rolleyes:

As if Gilchrist personally won the World cups. Get a life dude.

You are clutching at straws by saying let him play 285 ODIs and stuff. He's already done way way better than what Gilly had done in his career at the same point. And he's proved he can handle the captaincy well also.

Gilchrist 149 from 104 balls with 13 fours and 8 sixes in the last WC final. Id say he won the world cup for Australia.

OK lets call it this way Dhoni is better than Gilly at this point of their ODI careers. Will he be when he is retired maybe, maybe not.

Lolz! Gilly came good in just one innings, and that happened to be the finals.

Ah yes, Dhoni will have to something terrible to end up with Gilly's average.

Lolz! Gilly came good in just one innings, and that happened to be the finals.

Ah yes, Dhoni will have to something terrible to end up with Gilly's average.

Gillys innings came when it counts the most. Under pressure in the WC final.

Dhoni has performed much much better in situations. Gilly just swings the bat because he knows there are very good ODI batsmen to follow him. He failed to deliver in the inals of many other series. Besides, one ODI innings hardly makes him better.

Dhoni's certainly got the stats advantage, apart from in matches against the top nations with his not out innings taken off. If you compare their stats with their not out scores taken out of the equation, Dhoni's average plummets to 30.56 with Gilchrist only just ahead 32.43. Dhoni also doesn't really score hundreds, and that counts in both forms of the game, only 4 in ODi's compared with Gilchrists 16, and in Tests Dhoni only has 1 hundred to Gilly's 17.

I'd take Gilchrist over Dhoni in both forms of the game personally. He was just so destructive and easily the best keeper of his generation, and one of the most entertaining batsmen to ever grace the game of cricket. I'd personally take Sangakkara, McCullum, Boucher and even Haddin over Dhoni in Tests, and the first 2 in ODi's. He's immensely over-rated, especially in Tests.

Precambian stop repeatedly going through threads saying things along the lines that all Indian players are better than everyone else its getting bloody annoying.

Dhoni's certainly got the stats advantage, apart from in matches against the top nations with his not out innings taken off. If you compare their stats with their not out scores taken out of the equation, Dhoni's average plummets to 30.56 with Gilchrist only just ahead 32.43. Dhoni also doesn't really score hundreds, and that counts in both forms of the game, only 4 in ODi's compared with Gilchrists 16, and in Tests Dhoni only has 1 hundred to Gilly's 17.

I'd take Gilchrist over Dhoni in both forms of the game personally. He was just so destructive and easily the best keeper of his generation, and one of the most entertaining batsmen to ever grace the game of cricket. I'd personally take Sangakkara, McCullum, Boucher and even Haddin over Dhoni in Tests, and the first 2 in ODi's. He's immensely over-rated, especially in Tests.
sorry, come again?

How can Dhoni average less than Gilchrist when he has scored more runs in fewer innings than Gilchrist after 125 ODIs?

And to suggest that you'd pick McCullum over Dhoni in ODIs is ridiculous.

Precambrian added 0 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

Precambian stop repeatedly going through threads saying things along the lines that all Indian players are better than everyone else its getting bloody annoying.
No, I won't.

Simply because Dhoni is one of the best ODI batsmen in the world now.

Reality sometimes is annoying lol ;)

When it comes to Wicket keeping it's Gilchrist

When it comes to Batting aggressively or defensively it's Dhoni

overall i'll say Dhoni is better than or equal player compared to Gilchrist

but it's doesnt mean Gilly is better than Dhoni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread