Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Discuss everything about the teams in this group from warm ups, injuries, squads and then the group matches.

Fixtures
Sunday, 13 June 2010
Serbia v Ghana, Gp D, 15:00
Germany v Australia, Gp D, 19:30

Friday, 18 June 2010

Germany v Serbia, Gp D, 12:30

Saturday, 19 June 2010
Ghana v Australia, Gp D, 15:00

Wednesday, 23 June 2010
Australia v Serbia, Gp D, 19:30
Ghana v Germany, Gp D, 19:30

Table Prediction
Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

I wouldn't be surprised if Australia lost every game here, because that could so easily happen if we're off our game, but we also have a huge chance of going through.

Last edited:
Ghana to finish last? :eek: It may happen though considering this group is a little bit tricky. XD

Haha, depends if Essien plays and how they play. Sometimes they are a little inconsistent... well at least that's what I've told myself :D

I'm just hoping Australia make it through ;)

Haha, depends if Essien plays and how they play. Sometimes they are a little inconsistent... well at least that's what I've told myself :D

I'm just hoping Australia make it through ;)

Lol. I see your point. :)

Germany are as good as through, so 3 teams fighting for that one spot. Ghana look like they are decent enough, haven't heard much about Serbia.

Well, the problem with Serbia is that they have Nemanja Vidic who is undoubtedly one of the best defenders in the world. They also have some other very good players such as Dejan Stankovic and Milos Krasic and even though we are probably favourites it is going to be an extremely tough game. Vidic is a world-class player so they definitely will not be easy beats.

Gonna be a really tough group for Australia. Praying that we get through.

Yeah, Stankovic is awesome. Plays for Inter Milan as does Muntari who plays for Ghana so we are up against some quality players

Looking forward to Australia's 3 friendly matches;
vs New Zealand at home

In South Africa
vs US
vs Denmark

Really looking forward to playing Denmark and also the US

I'd like to see Australia progress along with Germany. Serbia will have a hard time fighting for the spot. Ghana is the main contender according to me, along with Aus.

I last saw Ghana when they played Egypt in the African cup final. It was the first game I saw when I ordered Setanta. Anyway as far as I remember the highlights of the game were some guys haircut, another sucking a dummy on the bench and some funny stuff in the crowd. Ghanas play was just so bland and boring and they couldn't hit the target.

Hmm.. but surely, being at this stage, they would be ultra competitive. Ghana vs Australia will be the match of the group for me. It might decide who will progress.

Yeah, I think they were missing a few players in that match. But still it was the final. It is their version of the Euro Championships

Some fantastic young talent in the Germany side, Marin, Kroos, Ozil and Serbia have some genuine quality, Stankovic, Vidic, Ivanovic, Krasic, Kuzmanovic and errmm...Australia have...?

Would like to see the Aussies go through at the expense of Serbia though, although that's mainly due to the nationalist holier than thou attitude a lot of the Serbia fans have.

Users who are viewing this thread