Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Serbia is fully fit for the most part but are playing average football in these warm up matches. Hopefully we take advantage of Balack and Essien being injured and have good games against both Ghana and Germany.

Ghana lost to Netherlands 4-1 and had no idea what to do. Don't expect much from them either. However friendlies are friendlies.

You're Serb?

Yup.

We just beat Cameroon 4-3 after not scoring a goal in two games it was good to finally see some goals scored.
Ghana lost to Netherlands 4-1 and had no idea what to do. Don't expect much from them either. However friendlies are friendlies.

My biggest fear is finishing 2nd and having to play Netherlands next round. We always get destroyed by them.

Yup.

We just beat Cameroon 4-3 after not scoring a goal in two games it was good to finally see some goals scored.

My biggest fear is finishing 2nd and having to play Netherlands next round. We always get destroyed by them.

We usually do good against Netherlands. In 2006 we drew 1-1, in 2008 we beat them 2-1 in Netherlands then again last year we played them and drew 0-0 in Australia.

Germany will face tough competition in this group. I would say Germany and Serbia to go through. If not, then Germany and Australia.

Hoping this happens over the 3 rounds (most realistic chance of us going through imo):

Ghana win, we draw

Ghana 3
Germany 1
Australia 1
Serbia 0

We win (v ghana), Germany win

Germany 4
Australia 4
Ghana 3
Serbia 1

We draw (v serbia), Germany win

Germany 7
Australia 5
Ghana 3
Serbia 2

Klose and Podolski may be out of form, but their goal records at international level are ridiculous. Podolski has 34 goals in 72 games, at just 24 years of age! And Klose has 48 goals in 95 caps. Klose is also the only player to score 5 or more goals at 2 consecutive World Cups. They also have the electric Ozil, workhorse Muller and Toni Kroos on the bench who can make a serious impact.

For me, the one to watch will be Sami Khedira. He has majorly big shoes to fill by replacing Ballack. I was amazed that Ballack has 42 goals in 98 caps for Germany, an astonishing record.

I wish this wasn't on at 2 30 in the god damn morning, I stayed awake in '06 but this times different..

We don't have the greatest striker in the world, Mark Viduka. No point staying up for this match...

Ah, I remember the days of Mark Viduka when you went to school and muffed a kick it was called 'you duked it!'.

I'll be getting up to watch Australia smash some Germans. The only problem is that it'll be a bore fest you'd think with us going for the draw.

Users who are viewing this thread