Group D - GERMANY, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

May as well stay up now :p

Ghana get a goal from the penalty spot after the ref ruled a handball! Big decision. 1-0 with just three minutes left. Carn Ghana!

It was a good decision. Clearly was a handball.
Great penalty as well from Gyan, and to me, Ghana have done enough to earn a win thi match :)

Abhas added 3 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

aaand.. he hits the post! could have been 2-0

They did deserve it but what a self destruct from Serbia. No need for that second yellow foul to happen and no need for that handball.

2 and a half hour wait starts. Last night I re-taught myself some VisualBasic.net (I first learnt it whilst waiting for a Liverpool game last season) Not sure what to do tonight. Might read some comics or something

2 and a half hour wait starts. Last night I re-taught myself some VisualBasic.net (I first learnt it whilst waiting for a Liverpool game last season) Not sure what to do tonight. Might read some comics or something
Heard of that great sport called Formula 1? Should've watched that.

Such a clear difference in standards between Germany and us. Although we have had chances, the Germans have had a lot easier ones, two of which they have put in.

Craig Moore GTFO. Beaten/caught out of position at least 5 times. Neil has had to do ALL the defensive work for himself and this clown. Pim is also a flinging ******. We got ***** using the offside trap vs USA so we use it again against Germany. gtfo pim and moore. GET THE fling OUT NOW

This is tweaking embarassing

It should be so much worse for Australia, but so unlucky with Cahill. Knew this ref was bad news.

Cahil only has himself to blame: too much adrenaline and it was a dreadful tackle. Germany as always looked ruthless, uterly ruthless. If you comapre it to Englands performance against the same kind of quality of opposition then England have a lot of work to do, a lot of work.

Untested tactic. Untested players. High defensive line and we got pwnt. Still not sure what formation we played... Both Emerton and Wilkshire were operating that right side... Grella and Valeri in the DMs? Culina AM? Garcia left side, wilkshire right attacker? Confused

Too many defensive minded players in midfield from Australia.

Great play from Germany. I don't think a lot of people have watched these guys play - Neuer, Ozil, Muller, Khedira, Marin, Kroos and Badstuber, the young guns are pretty darn good. They won the last U21 Euro Cup, though Badstuber and Muller weren't part of that squad iirc. Probably wasn't the biggest challenge, but this German team is much more attacking than ones from the recent big tournaments. Imo, second behind only Spain. Ozil was given way too much space in the first half. And, even when he isn't given space, he's still a threat. This German generation is really, really good. And having watched the German league, I can say most of them deserve their places. Klose, Podolski and Gomez are very good despite their bad domestic form, and Mertesacker is a bit behind his best form, but the rest have had brilliant seasons, especially Muller, Ozil and Marin.

Like I said before, Ballack won't be missed.

Too many defensive minded players in midfield from Australia.

Great play from Germany. I don't think a lot of people have watched these guys play - Neuer, Ozil, Muller, Khedira, Marin, Kroos and Badstuber, the young guns are pretty darn good. They won the last U21 Euro Cup, though Badstuber and Muller weren't part of that squad iirc. Probably wasn't the biggest challenge, but this German team is much more attacking than ones from the recent big tournaments. Imo, second behind only Spain. Ozil was given way too much space in the first half. And, even when he isn't given space, he's still a threat. This German generation is really, really good. And having watched the German league, I can say most of them deserve their places. Klose, Podolski and Gomez are very good despite their bad domestic form, and Mertesacker is a bit behind his best form, but the rest have had brilliant seasons, especially Muller, Ozil and Marin.

Like I said before, Ballack won't be missed.

Team of the tournament so far. I know it is early days and we haven't seen many of the big teams but this was pretty formidable. Most teams take time to get going in a tournamnet. The Germans are right there at the start. Impressive

Users who are viewing this thread