ICC Under -19 World Cup in New Zealand

Pity Banladesh couldn't win that.

Mitch Marsh has been out of the runs.

Rajapaksa scored 68 for Sri Lanka today against Canada, backing up his good form from yesterday. Rate Chathura Peiris also (Sri Lanka's opening bowler). Left arm bowler who swings it at 130ish or so K who seems to also get some pretty good bounce, he and Rajapaksa will be Sri Lanka's main two players I feel. If they play well they might go far in this tournament.

this may be premature, and maybe only because I know a bit more about SL than I do some other nations, but their is an absolute ton of talent there right now. It's all a good 3-4 years away from maturing but they have it in spades.

their main concern is a lack of players that will play the senior role when the guys into their 30s now step down, there is a lack of talent, particularly batting wise, in 25-29 age group.

this may be premature, and maybe only because I know a bit more about SL than I do some other nations, but their is an absolute ton of talent there right now. It's all a good 3-4 years away from maturing but they have it in spades.

their main concern is a lack of players that will play the senior role when the guys into their 30s now step down, there is a lack of talent, particularly batting wise, in 25-29 age group.

I hope this talent comes good for Sri Lanka.

I hope this talent comes good for Sri Lanka.

the massive central contract expansion they did in the last few months, where they now contract some 74 players, including young guys and guys just out of school, so they can devote themselves to cricket from an early age, should be a real improvement on the old method which was just to keep throwing players they thought had talent into the full international setup and get them to learn.

Damn, New Zealand are bowling first. So wanted us to bat first and set a good total.

Howsie added 4 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

I've heard quite abit about Bevan Small, looks pretty good for a 17 year old I must say. He's already up over 140K in his first over and only seems to be jogging in.

Ben Wheeler has a nice looking action, his arm seems to be nice and high and he's geeting some pretty good swing back into the right hander, only around 125-130K so far though.

Howsie added 0 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Not bad for a 17yo, looks like you guys may have another express bowler in your ranks.

Yea it's always good to see, Logan Van Beek is also suppose to be pretty quick so it will be good to get a look at him also.

Howsie added 19 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Doug Bracewell strikes in his first over. One of this teams five all-rounders Bracewell's played a bit of cricket for CD already where's he's opened the batting and bowling and done pretty well so far, made 55 in his one day debut for them. Looks like a strong bowler though and is already up around 138K.

Haha Alistar Campbell saying this pace attack is quicker then the Blackcaps pace attack.

Holder going at about a run/over but Joseph is giving up too many. West Indies also need wickets.

Wasim Akram going gaga over Ben Wheeler's bowling. Left armer swinging it both ways with the odd ball going straight, he just needs to add some pace as he's only 125-130 at this stage.

Wasim Akram going gaga over Ben Wheeler's bowling. Left armer swinging it both ways with the odd ball going straight, he just needs to add some pace as he's only 125-130 at this stage.

you watching this on TV or a site?

Users who are viewing this thread