ICCCT2006: Group B

younis khan is banned what do you mean. is he playing in the champions trophy. if he dont this is a big blow for pakistan

Last edited:
zub2005 said:
younis khan is banned what do you mean. is he playing in the champions trophy. if he dont this is a big blow for pakistan
Younis Khan is not banned. He just gave up the captaincy, and thats it. Yousuf will captain, and Razzaq is vice captain. Younis will play as a batsman.

I belive Younis Khan was the best captain, even better then Inzi, oh well lets get on with it.

Whats going on in Pakistan ?
Shahryar Khan has stepped down and Dr Nasim has succeeded him.

Is this related to Younis Khan ?

I think it is, these guys are going crazy which is not good for Pakistan Cricket.

Not the first time that Pakistan have hit the self destruct button at almost exactly the right time is it though Nightprowler? Pakistani Cricket is so unpredictable it has become predictable ;)

puddleduck said:
Not the first time that Pakistan have hit the self destruct button at almost exactly the right time is it though Nightprowler? Pakistani Cricket is so unpredictable it has become predictable ;)
Yeah I know. Its just that the past few years were pretty peaceful, and I was starting to get used to that. Oh well.

So Khan refused, then went back on his word and took it anyway?

cricketmad09 said:
So Khan refused, then went back on his word and took it anyway?
Its not like he said he'd never take it. He said he wouldn't take it under these circumstances. According to different sources, the following is what lead to Younis' outburst:

-Younis went to see Shehryar Khan to try and reinstate a low level employee. The latter was too busy for him and made him wait forever. Younis got PO'd and left.

-PCB selcted Faisal Iqbal when Younis wanted Asim Kamal to make the squad instead. Shehryar never took the captain's opinion.

-Yousuf, Afridi, and Akhtar supposedly were against Younis getting the captaincy for the CT.

With Shehryar gone, that solves two of Younis' problems. You must remember that Younis belongs to a culture where honor is everything.

I gotto agree Younis is a legend, Probably the most Smart person in the squad, fine for a Captain. Now that gives us some hopes. the thing I don't like if it is true...

-Yousuf, Afridi, and Akhtar supposedly were against Younis getting the captaincy for the CT.

When did these guys started to have problems with younis, i though younis Liked everybody in the dressing room, and why is Mushy Sacked.

usy said:
and why is Mushy Sacked.
This is from Cricinfo:
Mushtaq's appointment had raised eyebrows recently as he was one of the players implicated in Justice Qayyum's match-fixing report, an inquiry that had recommended Mushtaq be banned from holding positions of responsibility with the Pakistan team.
As for those guys liking him, sure they liked him as a team mate, but its not surprising they would have a problem with someone junior than them being chosen captain.

Users who are viewing this thread