ICCCT2006: Group B

New Zealand have won games before Bond was around and they've won games before when he hasn't been playing, to suggest that he is their one man team is stupid. I was surprised to see Fleming still opening, it's too risky in my opinion and he's been a World class performer at Number 3 for years.

Vincent and Marshall were in good form before the tournament so I was surprised to see them fail really. More of a surprise was that NZ couldn't score heavily at one end to support Fleming. With him batting through, I would have expected the likes of Oram and Mills to throw caution to the wind, although Mills doesn't seem to be rated that highly as a batsman.

Comes to an end though. SL off to a great start!

These bowlers just arn't Akhtar and Asif. It must be a huge disruption. I can't see them ending up with great figures.

Any word on the pitch. The scorecard indicates it is flat but who knows.

6,000 ODI runs for Jaywardene.

Pakistan have come back pretty well Id say after the early SL blitz.If they can restrict the total to somewhere below 275 then Id say that they still have a reasonable chances if they bat well.

irottev said:
Comes to an end though. SL off to a great start!

These bowlers just arn't Akhtar and Asif. It must be a huge disruption. I can't see them ending up with great figures.

Any word on the pitch. The scorecard indicates it is flat but who knows.

6,000 ODI runs for Jaywardene.

Best pitch of the tournament I'd say. Little movement, not much turn. I'd call it an Indian wicket, not completely flat.

I say this with assurance, this is the best pitch of the tournament so far! I feel since the wickets were re-laid, they started off badly but are now settling down into good batting wickets. We might see even better games as the tournament progresses.

Pakistan batting very well. I like Farhat's approach. But now that Younis Khan is out, if Farhat continues this same approach, it could be dangerous for him and Pakistan!

This game could turn out to be very close! But Sri Lanka are favorites simply becoz their spinners are yet to come and their fielding is top class and also the wicket is going to get slower. But the dew is also there! so Pakistan very much in it too!

Yes man.. it did get a lil tight in the end but thx To Malik and sum quik fire from Razzaq we won... Woohhooo... Razzaq shud be MOM.

Great victory for Pakistan...the Pakistan team and fans deserve this because they have been thru a lot lately.
The Indian crowd enjoyed every minute of it. Pakistan has the tremendous ability to come back after any kind of turmoil. When Pakistan wants to fight it can fight out of anything, theie spirit is tremendous.

Wonderful from Pakistan. Inzy is banned. Half the board quits. Younis Khan resigns from captaincy before taking it again. Asif and Akhtar are sent back hom. Yet they show the ability to win, against a ful-strength, on-form, rampant Sri Lanka. Brilliant :)

ZoraxDoom said:
Wonderful from Pakistan. Inzy is banned. Half the board quits. Younis Khan resigns from captaincy before taking it again. Asif and Akhtar are sent back hom. Yet they show the ability to win, against a ful-strength, on-form, rampant Sri Lanka. Brilliant :)
And the constant threats from the Hindu extremist groups?

Great win for Pakistan. When Asif and Akhtar were excluded I didn't think Pakistan would win against the in form Sri Lanka. But they did it. It looks like when bad things happen Pakistan performs the best.

All-rounders win the game for Pakistan.. There should be a change though. Yasir Arafat in instead of Rao or even Rana.

ZoraxDoom said:
Couldn't have put it better myself. :)

ZexyZahid said:
Great win for Pakistan. When Asif and Akhtar were excluded I didn't think Pakistan would win against the in form Sri Lanka. But they did it. It looks like when bad things happen Pakistan performs the best.

I agree. It seems that Pakistan thrive on being 'down in the dumps' so to say.

Users who are viewing this thread