ICCCT2006: Group B

I think Pakistan needed to do that for the nation today. This has to be one of the worst ever years for the country's cricket team and they can end it on a high note if they win the Champions Trophy. The Oval Oddity, the captaincy saga, the resignation saga and the drugs saga. Now after all that they have beaten the form team. Well done.

Wow, I can't believe Pakistan won. Sri Lanka seems to bat pretty poorly towards the end of their innings. With their start and the talent to come it looked more like a 280. No one posted that big score.

Their bowling really let them down. Expensive figures for Malinga and even Vaas. Positive batting at the start can do that.

Seemed like a good game in the end.

Oddball said:
Man, you are Delusional.

It's ok, better luck next time SA fan :P we win the important neutral game.

Your team majorly lacks balance. I said that before the tournament and everyone disagreed.

PAK in lots of Crisis yet they still managed to show their class... Afridi needz to find form or else shud be replaced

Abdul Razzaq played really well today..... he is a great player. Sri Lanka came back really well but at the end it was a victory for Pakistan... :clap :happy

Now next matches from Group B will be more interesting and exciting bcoz both South Africa and Sri Lanka were the fav to move to the next round things have changed suddenly.South Africa and Sri Lanka are in a do or die situation.Pakistan now have a better chance to go into the semis bcoz in the next match Sami will be back and that will give them some strength in their bowling department.

gaurav_indian said:
Pakistan now have a better chance to go into the semis bcoz in the next match Sami will be back and that will give them some strength in their bowling department.
Sami can strengthen up our bowling? I don't know about that. I guess he'd be a better option than an out of form Rana. I'd rather have Arafat in there though, he is a very useful bowler and needs to be given more chances in both ODIs and tests.

Wow wow wow wow! Today's match really raised my hairs! I have been following the events in Pakistani cricket lately, and I never even believed that they could manage this sort of a win against a rampaging Sri lankan team who played well today also! This victory was sensational because of the recent events in Pakistani cricket. Did you guys see the celebration in the dressing room? It was as if they had won the World Cup!!

But they deserved it. They batted very well with Razzaq hitting superbly in the end. but my real hero was Malik and Farhat. I really loved Farhat's batting. The way he smashes the ball, I just loved watching his batting today. And Malik, he batted brilliantly too. Started off slowly but changed gears quickly. Quite a good player to watch!

Well the best match of the tournament. I hope this match puts this tournament into top gear. More interesting matches are yet to come! Was highly pleased to see almost a packed house today though was disappointed at chants of 'Haarega bhai haarega, Pakistan haarega'. Come on guys, we've moved forward!

nightprowler10 said:
Sami can strengthen up our bowling? I don't know about that. I guess he'd be a better option than an out of form Rana. I'd rather have Arafat in there though, he is a very useful bowler and needs to be given more chances in both ODIs and tests.
I think Sami is far better than Rao.Maybe he can raise his game here.

saisrini80 said:
Wow wow wow wow! Today's match really raised my hairs! I have been following the events in Pakistani cricket lately, and I never even believed that they could manage this sort of a win against a rampaging Sri lankan team who played well today also! This victory was sensational because of the recent events in Pakistani cricket. Did you guys see the celebration in the dressing room? It was as if they had won the World Cup!!

But they deserved it. They batted very well with Razzaq hitting superbly in the end. but my real hero was Malik and Farhat. I really loved Farhat's batting. The way he smashes the ball, I just loved watching his batting today. And Malik, he batted brilliantly too. Started off slowly but changed gears quickly. Quite a good player to watch!

Well the best match of the tournament. I hope this match puts this tournament into top gear. More interesting matches are yet to come! Was highly pleased to see almost a packed house today though was disappointed at chants of 'Haarega bhai haarega, Pakistan haarega'. Come on guys, we've moved forward!
Yeah I always believe that one thing that separates Pakistan from India in Cricket is Pakistan's hunger to prove their critics wrong when they r down and out but its opposite in India.This is not the first time Pakistan has done this,they have always shown unity on the ground no matter what problems they r facing offfield.And about those guys who were chanting 'Pakistan harega' they were Shivsena guys.They want attention that's why they do it.Everyone who saw the match live knows that Indian crowd was supporting Pakistan today except those ShivSena guys.

saisrini80 said:
I really loved Farhat's batting. The way he smashes the ball, I just loved watching his batting today.
I like the way Farhat bats but I also hate the way he always throws his wicket away at crucial times.
Muralitharan to Imran Farhat, OUT, and it works! Holy cow, that was so predictable! Tossed up outside off stump, Farhat gives the charge, doesnt get under it and lofts that high and down to Fernando at long-off, what a stupid shot and he's handed the game back to Sri Lanka

Imran Khan tought them to fight like caged tigers; I think they've not forgotten that.

Last edited:
FINALLY!! We have an awesome match! People might say the dew was the factor but doe s it matter when a match goes more than 48 overs per side with the team chasing winning?! And that too winning on a HUGE 6 from RAZZAQ!!! WOW!!!

Pacemen were terrible for Sri Lanka. It was sad to see malinga and vaas smashed like that.

As always I am a fan of pakistan on any day that they dont play INDIA!!! Seems like many Jaipuris are in the same boat!! Did you hear that crowd?!

This gets interesting since the wto teams that were picked to win the 1st 2 matches in group B have lost!! Sri Lanka will really have to think hard about the catches that were dropped, especially that of Razzaq. Lets hope the rest of the tourney will have an equal balance of bowling and batting like this match did.

i agree with you. The crowd was great..lot of support for Pakistan..they also supported SriLanka as well..very good to see.
I hope Pakistan can continue this against NewZealand and South Africa...
and about the dew factor..well SriLanka should have known about that, they were the ones that elected to bat first.

Users who are viewing this thread