ICCCT2006: Qualifying Round

wfdu_ben91 said:
If Bangladesh can beat Australia then by all means they should be able to beat Sri Lanka.
They HAVE beaten Sri Lanka, last year IIRC.

And they're not exactly out of this game either. 160/2 after 29 overs isn't as impressive considering its being played in Mohali.

I can't watch :( None of the qualifying matches are on here.

I am following scorecards.

-> 300 looks pretty likely. 100 approaching for Tharanga. He looks like quite a fine batsmen and will have a huge future ahead of him.

Well, Bangla are off to a not-so-great start chasing 303 to win. 78/2 after 18. RRR is 7+...

And bu-bye Ahmed...78/3 after 18.1...

155/5 at a decent enough runrate but for a couple of wickets more .
They`d have been right in this had they lost just a couple of wickets less with probably Ashraful still in.

Bangladesh require another 143 runs with 4 wickets and 18.0 overs remaining

Seems a bit tough, but we can do it! :)

I hope :(

Not too bad of a performance by Bangladesh. I give them at least another year before they start beating teams in the bottom 5 of the rankings.

Thats a very good effort by Bangladesh, that should give them some confidence when they face the Windies. Again Tharanga showing his talent with a 100, good to see for him and a number of other SL batsmen got time in the middle.

Good performance by Bangladesh. Too many runs were put on the board. The 100 was the difference in the end.

the first 10 overs of the BAN innings cost thm the game .
The openers wasted too many overs IMO .
Aftab was looking good.
He should have gon on to make a big one with Bashar to give support if BAN were to have a chance.
Unfortunately, that did not happen !

A decent performance in the end, though not as close as the scoreline suggests .

I give the tigers a real chance of upsetting the Carribeans .

And the Zimbabweans get crushed. Seems I was the only one watching.
Zimbabwe - 85 a/o (30.1 overs) (Utseya 26, Mufambisi 18, Gayle 3/3, Smith 2/14)
West Indies - 90/1 (14.2 overs) (Gayle 41, Lara 24*, Chanderpaul 14*, Chigumbura 1/17)
Painful to see...

I was watching too Zorax, I just never noticed this thread before. :p

As the Sky studio panel so rightly pointed out, Zimbabwe had very poor technique and looked out of their depth. Chris Gayle's innings was monstrous though, he played that strange shot in which he takes one hand off the bat a few times. Brian Lara didn't do to badly either; Hitting two sixes to win the game was pretty impressive.

Lara and Utseya is always a good battle. If Lara was like 5 years younger, this could have developed into a very good rivalry...

That's why I said Lara should be 5 years younger. It would develop into a great rivalry...

Users who are viewing this thread