India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Why is it shame, Sohum? He has handled greatest spinners like Murali and Warne in far more better ways.. Even now if you ask Warne, definitely, Tendulkar will be in his list. I don't see any shame in considering Sachin as one of the top players of spin.
It's a shame that he gets out because of his defensive mindset, is what I was saying.

according to the groundsman, there was a bit of overnight rain as predicted.

Will be interesting to see if it has "juiced" up the wicket a little..

lol still beating the bat loads..

why do i get the feeling that ENgland wil nick every ball whne they go into bat ...

Yes, he seems to be much more cautious and happy to play with his pad far often than before. But one can attribute this to him not being as attacking as before just because he has developed. I guess it is understandable. When you're young, you're carefree and happy to disrespect the opposition. Take the example of most of Bangladesh's current crop--they try and dominate the bowlers every ball. I think his psyche has just developed as any normal human being's--and he's always going to be more in doubt than he was when he was young.

It's a shame because Sachin is regarded as one of the top players against spin, and it is sad to see him get out because he is in a defensive mindset. That is why his treatment of Adil Rashid in the tour match was particularly special for me. He took the attack to the spinner.
It's a situation that adds definition to someone like Ricky Ponting, who, in spite of tempering certain shots, has become more aggressive in recent times. Maturity doesn't mean slowing down, but for Tendulkar, things just seemed to have gotten too heavy on him.

India go to tea without losing a wicket at lunch and for England its a long way back now.
Well played Ganguly, good half century and Tendulkar played well after a few scares.

Something dramatic has to happen now for England to get back into this test, India just need to connect the dots and build up the total enough for Kumble to bowl on a wearing pitch on day 4-5.

The two guys in are very well set. Tendulkar gets a bit nervous in the 90s, so I think if he's going to get out anytime soon it'll be then. Ganguly's looking great. He's had no scares at all and it's been a flawless innings. I reckon he'll go on to make a 100 too.

If India don't lose too many wickets then they'll look to score quick to get England in today. Dhoni might provide some fun. He has the licence to play his natural game now, which he doesn't get very often in tests.

Sidebottom extremely unlucky against Sachin. It was a great spell by him .
Tendulkar finally dancing down the track to Monty was my defining moment of the day along with Sourav`s fluent knock so far.

This has arguable been Ganguly`s best inning since Brisbane 2003.

The two guys in are very well set. Tendulkar gets a bit nervous in the 90s, so I think if he's going to get out anytime soon it'll be then. Ganguly's looking great. He's had no scares at all and it's been a flawless innings. I reckon he'll go on to make a 100 too.

If India don't lose too many wickets then they'll look to score quick to get England in today. Dhoni might provide some fun. He has the licence to play his natural game now, which he doesn't get very often in tests.

Quite ironic that a man who has the most 100s in tests actually gets very nervous in the 90s !

Last edited:
Meh, as if I could possibly hate Trent Bridge anymore.

Why is no one criticizing the England batsmen for their awful performance? I've seen no one on here or in the media say that it was a poor batting display. They are marking it down to conditions. Well if it's just the conditions that got out batsmen out then by all rights India should be out by now then right? No, because our batsmen batted poorly using the bad conditions as an excuse whereas India have just dug in and got on with it. I can't believe we now have to win at the Oval to save a home series; We shouldn't have to be doing that against India. No disrespect of course.

What the crap? This should qualify as the most shocking decision of all time by Simon Taufel. Damn! Damn! Damn!

Had I been in Sachin's shoes, I wouldnt have reacted like that. I would have erupted.

The comeback commences!!!

What the crap? This should qualify as the most shocking decision of all time by Simon Taufel. Damn! Damn! Damn!

Sreesanth was clearly out at Lords which would have won the game for us. I don't see you moaning about that one.

Adarsh was right about Tendulkar getting out.

Last edited:
I'm not Tendulkar's biggest fan, but that's disgusting. Highway robbery.

I was thinking that was gonna be given out, even though it wasn't. Just for Collingwood. Tragetic for Tendulkar.

Users who are viewing this thread