India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I'm not Tendulkar's biggest fan, but that's disgusting. Highway robbery.

I was thinking that was gonna be given out, even though it wasn't. Just for Collingwood. Tragetic for Tendulkar.
It wasn't the best decision but it was definitely a misjudgment from Tendulkar, who thought the ball was shaping away. To be fair, hawk-eye suggested that the ball was just going to be missing the stumps by a few millimeters.

He's got 36 Test match centuries anyway, i'm sure he won't be that disappointed seeing as how your more than a 100 ahead with 6 wickets left and England's batting form being in even worse form than it was in the Ashes.

The comeback commences!!!

Sreesanth was clearly out at Lords which would have won the game for us. I don't see you moaning about that one.

Adarsh was right about Tendulkar getting out.

I didnt moan about it because I DIDNT SEE IT! :p

^ Well he'd be disappointed because his critics will come to ignore the contexts of this dismissal if he goes on to finish this series without a hundred. Instead, the headlines will come out, "Tendulkar unable to score a hundred in last 6 innings."

That's a fair point I suppose!

The thing about dodgy decisions is that they always even themselves out. Always.

True, Sohum. A 100 here would have given him immense confidence. Another "he didn't win the match for India" from critics.

That's a fair point I suppose!

The thing about dodgy decisions is that they always even themselves out. Always.

His got 36 Test Hundreds. Still, you can't imigane how difficult it is to score a Test Hundred. Getting out in the 90's to a part-timer to that sorta' dismissal would leave a sore taste in your mouth no matter the situation.

Meh, as if I could possibly hate Trent Bridge anymore.

Why is no one criticizing the England batsmen for their awful performance? I've seen no one on here or in the media say that it was a poor batting display. They are marking it down to conditions. Well if it's just the conditions that got out batsmen out then by all rights India should be out by now then right? No, because our batsmen batted poorly using the bad conditions as an excuse whereas India have just dug in and got on with it. I can't believe we now have to win at the Oval to save a home series; We shouldn't have to be doing that against India. No disrespect of course.
I agree with you, as I said last night, I believe India flattered their performance in the last match and now in this match, England have struggled when faced with consistent pressure from the pacemen and struggled to dig out the batsmen when they show consistent resilience.

I suppose I can't beat anyone to the punch on crying foul, but that was a really bad play by Tendulkar. Umpires do not favour you at all when you do that.

Yup... that's why I'm not concerned about any decisions that have enough doubt to go either way. I don't think absolutely pathetic decisions (like the ABdV one :p) has any place in international cricket because umpiring standards should be that high, at this level.

Even in this match, England should still feel wronged. Monty had both Karthik and Jaffer out LBW but was not given. :p

there was no misjudgment from sachin tendulkar ,simon taufel sometimes forgets the basics of umpiring and he would probably someday think that What the hell had i done by giving that out
You may call this a bad judgment but this is the hell of umpiring .........

Yes, but two wrongs don't make a right. You shouldn't have to compensate a shocking decision with another shocker .
It wasn't all that shocking, though. I would say it was on the same level of bad as the Dravid decision in the previous test match. Not terribly bad, but may be blown out of proportions given the people involved.

there was no misjudgment from sachin tendulkar ,simon taufel sometimes forgets the basics of umpiring and he would probably someday think that What the hell had i done by giving that out
You may call this a bad judgment but this is the hell of umpiring .........
Ah... there was no misjudgment from Tendulkar is it? If it had indeed missed the pad, it would have passed so close to the stumps that it would have been nothing but misjudgment. For balls that are going to be passing that close to the stumps, your bat should always be used.

Last edited:
Even in this match, England should still feel wronged. Monty had both Karthik and Jaffer out LBW but was not given.
Zaheer had Monty plumb, but meh.

I suppose I can't beat anyone to the punch on crying foul, but that was a really bad play by Tendulkar. Umpires do not favour you at all when you do that.
That wasn't much of a reaction at all tbh. He didn't quite emulate McEnroe.

Besides, how does it matter if it was a misjudgement or not? Fact is, it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread