India in England/Ireland/Scotland

India have performed far better this morning than I expected. I expected us to lose a couple of wickets in the morning and then fold for about 400. Anyhow, we have to get enough runs but also have enough time to bowl England out. Probably won't see a declaration today--maybe sometime tomorrow morning? That's if we aren't bowled out, of course.

Why would you rather get 0 than 91? That defies all realms of logic unless you have a fondness of low scores.

If you make a stupid mistake with your bat, it often gets you out caught. If you make a stupid mistake with your feet, it often gets you out stumped or run out.

Why is it, that when a batsman makes a bad decision and gets out to a bad decision, it's the lesser of two evils? Defend with your bat, problem solved.

Who cares? Stop whining about it.

Geez, you wouldn't think India are dominating this match with the way some of you are reacting about one player's dismissal. It's a team game!

Dude obviously we're gonna be angry about a bad decision. What's your problem? If you don't like it, don't comment on it, cos seriously, your comment only brings out my rebellious nature and wants me to talk about it more. Don't tell me what to do. Each bad LBW decision was discussed, including Sreesanth's (he should've been out). Now this one is. No one is getting harmed by discussion.

Anyway, if Laxman and Ganguly build..and Dhoni to come, India can see 500 as a possibility, and this could basically mean that an England victory is virtually out.

Yeah, as a cluless batsman myself I always wonder why batsmen leave it when the ball is that close to the stumps. Surely it's easier to just play it?

Yeah, as a cluless batsman myself I always wonder why batsmen leave it when the ball is that close to the stumps. Surely it's easier to just play it?
Probably because they have misjudged the line or length. I think Tendulkar expected that to bounce over his pads because it wasn't really pitched up. The up-down bounce should certainly have one Anil Kumble licking his lips.

You think Sachin would do that? I think it all evens out, though when it happens to someone like Sachin and that too, when on 91, the pain is unbearable.

Well, its not the first time happening to Sachin though.. He has some against Aussies too.. especially when Bucknor as umpire :p

Nevermind, Hats off to Tendulkar :hpraise Brilliant efforts came to an end. The lead for us is looking good. May be, Sourav can get that century which Tendulkar missed ;)

Probably because they have misjudged the line or length. I think Tendulkar expected that to bounce over his pads because it wasn't really pitched up. The up-down bounce should certainly have one Anil Kumble licking his lips.
Short deliveries that keep down are definitely his demon.
69840.gif

I don't think England have bowled that badly this morning. Sidebottom gave Sachin a quite a few problems, but well played Sachin, a very good innings. I think Tremlett could get a lot of wickets against the Indians, but he is just not making them play enough, and is scared to pitch the ball right up. The wicket of Jaffer is the reason why he is in the side, he gets a lot of bounce off a very good length.

They attacked Panesar, which has hampered England, because I am sure Vaughan would have wanted him to hold up one and have the seamer rotating from the other. Hopefully England can fight in their second innings, though it will almost certainly be for a lost cause.

On Tendukar's dismissal, it happens in the game, I am sure that he has got away with many more than have gone against him. That is just the nature of batsmen being given the benefit. It is always a risk leaving a ball without playing when the ball is swinging in. Take nothing from a great innings though, especially the fact that he fought so hard after being hit by Anderson.

I really don't know why he didn't play that though lol... it was pretty stupid to leave it... didnt make sense to just pad it. Also, did it not hit the pads outside the line?

Anyway, Laxman and Ganguly looking good here...

I really don't know why he didn't play that though lol... it was pretty stupid to leave it... didnt make sense to just pad it. Also, did it not hit the pads outside the line?

Anyway, Laxman and Ganguly looking good here...

It was a poor decision period.
I feel sorry for Tendulkar, to get out to Paul Collingwood in the 90's off a bad decision is pretty bad luck.
The game is just drifting further and further away from England now.
England have bowled well despite their lack of success, India have played well and deserved their good luck and deserve to win this game now.

I love it how Ganguly just chooses not to run sometimes... like that single with Laxman leaving and Ganguly just standing there.. what a lazy guy lol

Users who are viewing this thread