India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Fair enough, but would you rather win the game with no century makers, or draw it with two centurions? It's a team game don't forget.

I`d prefer Tendulkar being given out today than Sreesanth last time around as that would`ve cost us the game at Lords.

India will have a tough time bowling England out in the 2nd innings.

Of course yeah! That Sreesanth decision probably gave us a huge lifeline.

Fair enough, but would you rather win the game with no century makers, or draw it with two centurions? It's a team game don't forget.

It doesnt mean that India would have to put up with a draw had those two batters got hundreds. Even with their hundreds, India still would have had the same probability of winning the game.

Edit: England getting the ball to move even now. Can the Indian bowlers do it when they come out? If yes, then aided with some luck, India can bowl well second time around too (though may be not as well as first time since the conditions are better now than day 1).

Last edited:
Nice way of completely dodging the question there saisrini. My question wasn't in the context of the game, it was a hypothetical question.

Gosh, 420 and you're still not happy.

I know, it amazes me. A certain victory is assured and yet some fans still prefer to be unhappy.

Last edited:
Nice way of completely dodging the question there saisrini. My question wasn't in the context of the game, it was a hypothetical question.

I know, it amazes me. A certain victory is assured and yet some fans still prefer to be unhappy.

do you know what a century to tendulkar means to Sachin,India,Billion Fans??????
india is not like any other country where people just clap for your century
in india people celebrate and enjoy on seeing sachins century and if it had been the case of an australian cricketer he would not have left the field unlike tendulkar who for the umpire's respect left the field.......
You would have seen a different in case if in sachin's place Ponting was there

wouldn't you have thought india would be trying to accelerate?

their run rate is going down...

two shocking decisions today. you cant complain now about sreesanths decisions and about any other decisions. but that happens in cricket. india look in a good position and just need to continue. i would like to see laxman try to play some more shots now

the ganguly dismissal was horrifying was taufel Day dreaming he seems to be lost in some fantasy world

two shocking decisions today. you cant complain now about sreesanths decisions and about any other decisions. but that happens in cricket. india look in a good position and just need to continue. i would like to see laxman try to play some more shots now

Well technically we can, as the Tendulkar and Ganguly decisions weren't match effecting whereas the Sreesanth was, and will probably turn out to be series effecting.

But I digress.

Besides, if you're anything of an optimist, you'd just move on to hoping Laxman gets support from the tail to a century. Monty's due for a bowl and the pvp says Laxman will be happy to greet him.

the ganguly dismissal was horrifying was taufel Day dreaming he seems to be lost in some fantasy world
And I'm sure Ganguly has no regrets about his choice of shot.

Last edited:
all thats happening now is taking time out ofthe game..

no runs being scored..

It's a team game don't forget.

This word, " team game " often seems to be forgotten when critics rise up like,

Tendulkar.. he is not at all a good player as he has never ended as a match winner. ( this comes up even if he has got out after a century )

The same Sachin, if he is trying to adapt himself according to the match situation and plays steadily,

What cricket is he playing.. He is no more an Tendulkar as he was before.. he is not fit... Sack him..he is playing for his records!

This came up when he got a 50+ with strike rate almost 100 but only few boundaries in one of the game against Windies before WCup.

So what i mean to say,some people are never satisfied with anything... They wanted the cricketers to be exceptional always in each and every match, and in each and every series. They do fail to realise that there will be ups and downs as well as breaking point/turning point in one's career.

Anyways coming back to the game, Laxman seems to be playing nicely.. If Dhoni would have stayed for some time, we would have seen some entertainment.. :p I would really like to see some stick cricket here.. i.e hit out or get out :D

tech.007 said:
in india people celebrate and enjoy on seeing sachins century

Well, the same people wanted to burry him and walk over that at the end of WCup.. Tendulkar did not even get any support or confidence which his mate, Lara had on him. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
It is because we are being robbed of the opportunity of seeing a century each from two batsmen who are among the best batsmen to have played for India, and seeing a century from them has always been one of the most wanted things for the fans. Their centuries have been rare these days (against good teams).

He he.. similar feeling for me too. trying to keep it down.

ah, come on.
he's given out, even sachin doesn't feel bitter. He went in and ate an icecream!

Its a game, afterall, its not life. We've enjoyed the luck yesterday and the English today, deservedly.

India will probably play another 15 overs and then declare.

do you know what a century to tendulkar means to Sachin,India,Billion Fans??????
india is not like any other country where people just clap for your century
in india people celebrate and enjoy on seeing sachins century

yea, most people are idiots to take all these things seriously. I guess thats the reason why we're still a developing country, worrying about things not necessary.

Also, its just a game, I can't believe people take these things so seriously.
and if it had been the case of an australian cricketer he would not have left the field unlike tendulkar who for the umpire's respect left the field.......
You would have seen a different in case if in sachin's place Ponting was there

Thats the difference. I don't think Aussies would be whining if Ponting was given out in this fashion.

grow up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread