India in England/Ireland/Scotland

oo i like what he said

i'd love t see laxman hang around for a century..in fact make it a double!

more time u bat.. less time england have to bat..

Last time this sort of situation happened to England (low first innings total, then big lead) was the Oval last year. England battled well enough 330 runs behind that time and we eventually won, thanks to a certain Darrel Hair...

do you know what a century to tendulkar means to Sachin,India,Billion Fans??????
india is not like any other country where people just clap for your century
in india people celebrate and enjoy on seeing sachins century and if it had been the case of an australian cricketer he would not have left the field unlike tendulkar who for the umpire's respect left the field.......
You would have seen a different in case if in sachin's place Ponting was there

I agree that we would all have loved Sachin to get a hundred, but do you not feel happy that India now have a big lead and are in a commanding position.

Tendulkar has now missed 3 international hundreds in this tour to the UK (2 ODI hundreds against SA and one here).
He would not have missed those a couple of years ago.
This could actually be attributed to the drought of hundreds in recent years.

Well technically we can, as the Tendulkar and Ganguly decisions weren't match effecting whereas the Sreesanth was, and will probably turn out to be series effecting.

But I digress.

You don't know this until the match ends.

Also, in the first match, have you forgotten the catch that Tendulkar made and it was given not out? If England HAD won, that surely would've been pointed out as a difference maker. It's quite funny because then, the batsman was clearly out but it was incorrectly given not out by the umpires, and the batsman remained at the crease.

In the same match, when KP was given out by the umpire but it had actually fell short to Dhoni, he began walking to the pavillion only to be told by his teammates to turn back. It was reviewed by the third umpire and a final decision of not out was given. The batsman remained at the crease.

Both of those instances are contradictory in nature. It seems as if the game is heavily favoring the batsmen, which is wrong. The first instance should've been given the right decision in the same manner as the latter. Either that or in the second decision, the umpire's decision shouldn't have been questioned.

Last edited:
oo i like what he said

i'd love t see laxman hang around for a century..in fact make it a double!

more time u bat.. less time england have to bat..
At the current rate, India will have a lead of 300 and be able to send England in for a few overs before close.

No need to do anything silly, although testing the spinner out wouldn't hurt.

Ok, I feel enough of all this. Time to get back with the game.

I dont think India are doing anything wrong. India are looking for a bigger lead so that they dont have to bat again. We still have two more days. India will try to bat out today and if wickets remain, might also try to bat a few minutes tomorrow. The commentators seem to be talking about the heavy roller being used tomorrow morning which could aid Kumble more.

Kumble getting good runs here. This wicket has nothing in it for the bowlers, it seems. With KP on their side and in good form, you cant be too confident on what lead you want to end on.

Last edited:
Well technically we can, as the Tendulkar and Ganguly decisions weren't match effecting whereas the Sreesanth was, and will probably turn out to be series effecting.

But I digress.
Tendulkar and Ganguly's decisions may well turn out to be series affecting in a non-direct sense. Similarly, what about the Dravid decision? That may have been match-affecting to but no one made any noise about it.

My conclusion is one should abandon trying to balance bad decisions because there are too many conditionals at stake. It is not valid to include something like, "if it wasn't for the Sreesanth decision..." because there were many decisions in that match either.

Last edited:
Well if you keep holding your chips, you'll never win a hand. 300 is a big total in terms of chases at Trent Bridge (or in England, or anywhere). Conventionally, it would be to get the opposition openers in to face the failing light. If India are unable to bowl England out for 300, they can still be confident of chasing the deficit.

I really don't know if India have a gameplan at this stage or they're just sitting around letting the game drift. It really looks like these overs could better be used bowling at the English or getting quick runs, but maybe the batsmen sense that the pitch is still great for batting.

The pitch as it is now is somewhat resembling the conditions on day 1 so it would be wise for India to put England in. And get Strauss out cheaply of course, but that comes as standard.

At least the pitch looks tremendously flat, meaning England could set themselves out to bat for 4/5 sessions. The Worrying thing is the pitch falling apart meaning Kumble could run through us in half an hour.

Hopefully bad weather comes, because if India will England can't win the series which is rather annoying because of the events are Lord's.

That one boundary by Kumble off Tremlett would have done Tendulkar proud. It was a classic shot.

I still would want to bat out as much overs today as possible. I want a real big lead. We have 27 overs remaining for the day. If we can bat out 20 overs, we can may be given 5 odd overs for England.

I really don't know if India have a gameplan at this stage or they're just sitting around letting the game drift. It really looks like these overs could better be used bowling at the English or getting quick runs, but maybe the batsmen sense that the pitch is still great for batting.

It is still very good for batting.

Last edited:
u forget that many overs take u to 7pm..

first sniff of bad light and england will be off :P

this is just a waste of time

Laxman out....why are they still out there??

before getting out Laxman failed to score for 25 balls...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread