India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Cricinfo says that Ganguly wasnt out either. Two bad back to back decisions by Taufel. This certainly isnt his day.

i love his expressions when he's given out, unfairly.

I guess England got their luck they wanted, atleast they deserved few wickets that they didn't get yesterday.

India in good position but i think its the time to up the tempo and score quick runs.

Looks like Taufel is hell bent on evening out the bad decisions that went against England

Snickometer says thats not out. The vibration on the snicko comes when there is daylight between bat and ball. According to me, this is CRAP! Two centuries go abegging, courtesy Simon Taufel.

Ganguly getting what seems to be a very poor decision as well. I guess the rub of the green had to head England's way at some point. I hope fans stop squabbling about the Sreesanth incident now. :)

And with regards to someone getting out for 0 rather than in the 90's, there's valid reason to feel shortchanged because once you've spent all that time getting in, you'd want to cash in. Of course, depends on the situation really. Today, it probably wouldn't have made a huge difference.

Will be interesting to see Dhoni's approach.

According to me, this is CRAP! Two centuries go abegging, courtesy Simon Taufel.
How about the fact that India may not have even been in this position because the 147 run opening partnership might have been terminated at about 50-60? This decision was pretty bad, though, but it seems like there was a sound that the umpire must have heard.

I'd say this was on a worse level of bad than Tendulkar. :D

Dhoni gone!

Last edited:
Dhoni GONE! Oh god! Anyways, I feel we are not in too bad a position to really feel disappointed on Dhoni.

Not in a bad position but a Dhoni innings would have put the game strongly in our favor. We need to make sure we don't lose too much momentum, now. Getting bowled out quickly from this stage would put the English in a much better frame of mind.

Not in a bad position but a Dhoni innings would have put the game strongly in our favor. We need to make sure we don't lose too much momentum, now. Getting bowled out quickly from this stage would put the English in a much better frame of mind.

Its all on Laxman now. Kumble can give him some support, and Zaheer and RP are capable of giving the team a valuable 30-40 runs (the wicket is still very good for batting).

Dravid should have forgotten declaration by now. India need to play out as much of the remaining part of the day as possible. Use up as much of the 'best batting conditions' as possible.

What's annoying me is that it was dibbly dolly Collingwood and a totally s**te delivery from Anderson that got Sachin and Sourav out , combined with bad decisions !

Anyways, a lead of 200+ makes ourself in good position.. Some quick knocks and if this extends around 260-270, then the entire thing will depend on bowlers especially Sree,Zaheer and Jumbo! I really like to see Jumbo roaring though :D

The fact that Tendulkar missed a hundred due to the decision makes us feel a bit robbed.
Other than that we should`nt be complaining about it as we have got a decent lead already.
The same with Ganguly as well.

I`d prefer Tendulkar being given out today than Sreesanth last time around as that would`ve cost us the game at Lords.

India will have a tough time bowling England out in the 2nd innings.

here is the live chat between vaughan and taufel between the lunch interval:
-------(C) 2007----------------
Taufel:"how are you michael"?

Vaughan:"What do You Want,I Am fine"

Taufel:"Poor Engaland Bowlers what a pity"

Vaughan:"do your own job .....you are of no use"

Taufel:"i can help you if ......."

Vaughan:"if what?"

Taufel:"if you covince icc to let me go back to australia i am sick of umpiring.......and this tour is so boring."

Vaughan:"ok i will do but you have to..."
<He Whispers Something In taufel's ears>..
Probably this could be the answer to all his bad decisons

If it weren't for the Sreesanth decision in the last match, this post would be filled with expletives.

You're leading by over 200 runs. Why are you moaning because of two bad decisions that mean very little?

here is the live chat between vaughan and taufel between the lunch interval:
-------(C) 2007----------------
Taufel:"how are you michael"?

Vaughan:"What do You Want,I Am fine"

Taufel:"Poor Engaland Bowlers what a pity"

Vaughan:"do your own job .....you are of no use"

Taufel:"i can help you if ......."

Vaughan:"if what?"

Taufel:"if you covince icc to let me go back to australia i am sick of umpiring.......and this tour is so boring."

Vaughan:"ok i will do but you have to..."
<He Whispers Something In taufel's ears>..
Probably this could be the answer to all his bad decisons

Grow up. Stop being bitter.

Last edited:
You're leading by over 200 runs. Why are you moaning because of two bad decisions that mean very little?

Grow up. Stop being bitter.

It is because we are being robbed of the opportunity of seeing a century each from two batsmen who are among the best batsmen to have played for India, and seeing a century from them has always been one of the most wanted things for the fans. Their centuries have been rare these days (against good teams).

If it weren't for the Sreesanth decision in the last match, this post would be filled with expletives.

He he.. similar feeling for me too. trying to keep it down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread