India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I hope he is sacked for the next game, and I hope they give Ramesh Powar a chance (Isnt the Oval historically known to favor spin?).
I might be tempted too. Powar is a good spinner. Nice and orthodox and attacking. However, if one of the fast bowlers has an off day then India will be in a bit of bother. Conditions have been favourable to swing too.

Sreesanth is actually a good bowler. He just needs to sort out his attitude.

your maybes and if's are pretty useless.

accept it, England didn't play as well as they could have. India certainly did their best, though few players weren't up to the mark.

The biggest 'if' of all is if England actually played to conditions on day 1. It seems currently England aren't consistent enough to create good innings without someone playing the kingpin role.

india had it in the bag once the won the toss..

@ m_vaughan: evertonfan is not bad. this guy is taking it too far. was it our mistake that we won the toss? was it our mistake that you guys got bowled out for 198 to a bowling line up many dont have much respect for (except zaheer)? was it our mistake that the umpires gave england lot of bad decisions? was it our mistake that the openers (karthik-jaffer) played positively inspite of escaping luckily many times?

the series is closely fought, and both the teams look pretty much equal so far. hope the next test presents a more true picture of the better team.

all England fans lets get praying for rain tomorrow, if we pray hard enough it will come :p

you think you'd have made 481 batting on day 1??

wake up and smell the coffee

Again, as he says, thats hypothetical. May be the probability of that happening might have been 'low'. But you cant say for sure that it would not have happened because we cant go back to that day and put India into bat. We have done it once in Headingley 2002 where we made a huge first innings score after being put into bat in swinging and seaming conditions on a grassy pitch.

Don't feed the troll, saisrini.

The umpiring has been awful this match. I don't think I've seen another where there've been so many wrong decisions. England got a few LBW decisions turned down wrongly, and DK appeared to edge one late in the day. For India it was Sachin, Ganguly, and RP Singh while batting then KP and Collingwood's dismissals turned down.

I posted two warnings yesterday asking people to keep discussion in this thread civil.

However, a few people have chosen to ignore those warnings and have chosen to continue to discuss this tour in a uncivil and quite childish manner.

Therefore, this is the FINAL WARNING. If ANYONE does not follow this warning, they will be mod-previewed for the cricket chat forum. If two people ignore it, I'll close the thread.

Big disappointment is Sreesanth. What the hell is he up to? I'm not sure if we should persist with him; he seems to have serious attitude problems. Is Ranadeb Bose a good enough replacement ? I wonder.

I remember in one interview Sreesanth said that he considers the batsman he's bowling to as his enemy.

7 odi's..yay.. 7-0 one-day drubbing in front of the home fans..can't see us beating india in 1-dayers

wow sidebottom is batting well..

a promotion maybe in order

dont worry. our ODI form hasnt been too great (even the SA ODI series victory wasnt entirely convincing). If Freddie comes back, may be it would be interesting.

India deserve this win immensely. It's the best i've seen them play for a good while if i'm honest. They did have the conditions in their favour but they can only bowl on what their given can't they? I'm angry that no England batsman applied themselves in the first innings; They used the conditions as an excuse to play poorly. That's where England lost this game. We've actually bowled well to restrict India to only 400 rather than 500.

I would gamble playing Panesar and a mystery second spinner at the Oval with Tremlett making way. We have to put on a mammoth performance at the Oval. Who remembers the win we had over the Saffies in 2003 there? My all time favourite Test match that.

I can see us winning the ODI series tbh; England always perform better in ODI's when they don't do well in the Tests beforehand.

Don't feed the troll, saisrini.

The umpiring has been awful this match. I don't think I've seen another where there've been so many wrong decisions. England got a few LBW decisions turned down wrongly, and DK appeared to edge one late in the day. For India it was Sachin, Ganguly, and RP Singh while batting then KP and Collingwood's dismissals turned down.

Sorry man. just came back from class, and started reading and replying to the posts after i left.

I would gamble playing Panesar and a mystery second spinner at the Oval with Tremlett making way. We have to put on a mammoth performance at the Oval. Who remembers the win we had over the Saffies in 2003 there? My all time favourite Test match that.

Really? From what I've read Tremlett was quite intimidating and bowled pretty well. I hear that there are two spinners being recommended for the next test for England, any idea to their names?

Mwahahaha. Love to see Ashley Giles play!! He's injured though, damn. Seriously, there'll be no mystery spinner. England just don't have anyone. Besides, Tremlett bowled better than Monty and Anderson this test.

Adil Rashid is the only guy who comes close. Don't think Sachin'll mind though.

Last edited:
The Oval is a spinner's pitch though Adarsh; Tremlett will get nothing out of it.

Panesar did well their last year against Pakistan, Anderson has a good record at the Oval and Sidebottom is legend who will bowl well on anything.

Keedy for England!!!

Users who are viewing this thread