India in England/Ireland/Scotland

England pick a squad for every test match. Should they want they can always pick another spinner, although I doubt that'll happen.
Is that reserved just for the home team? Every series ?

It's a moot point. England are most likely to go with the same team. Bell's the only real weak link but I'm confident he'll retain his place.

I reckon England doesn't need another spinner for time being. Besides they have always gone with 3-4 seam bowlers and one spinner. Just that Andrew Flintoff being away is hurting them a bit in the seam bowling department. He is the sort of bloke who'd get players like Tendulkar and Ganguly out cheaply, not just discomfort them.

Is that reserved just for the home team? Every series ?

It's a moot point. England are most likely to go with the same team. Bell's the only real weak link but I'm confident he'll retain his place.

Yes it is reserved for the home team. Although the away team can also call up additional players should they choose. Probably Andrew will know exactly what are the limitations on this.

I am not saying just because I'm a Bears fan, but I do rate Bell very highly. He is a class player and I see him playing for England for a long long time. I definately dont see him as a weak link.

M Vaughan's right. Bell is a class player, just look at his series averages before this and his overall average. You don't get that from being a bad player. He's just having a tough series. Everyone has them. Being far Bell hasn't had a poor series since the 2005 Ashes, so it's been long overdue.

I am not saying just because I'm a Bears fan, but I do rate Bell very highly. He is a class player and I see him playing for England for a long long time. I definately dont see him as a weak link.

Agreed. I rate him higher than Collingwood actually. He is a very good player, just a shame he hasn't been as good against all sides as he is against Pakistan. He will make a score next game, a big one :cool:

Well, Bell's the only one looking way out of form. That's what I meant. Besides, Collingwood's got a really bad technique. Seriously, I'm surprised he's at test level. That said, it didn't stop Graeme Smith. KP's actually got a brilliant technique.

Could somebody please explain to me what happened with Sreesanth?

I saw he bowled an inswinging beamer to Pietersen, it was clearly accidental as you could see it slip out of his hand when they did a close up on it. I heard something about a two and a half foot no ball too.

Basically Manee, he behaved like a spoiled brat. Bowled poorly yet still wouldn't shut up. He needs to sort his attitude out or his career will be over before it even begins.

Basically Manee, he behaved like a spoiled brat. Bowled poorly yet still wouldn't shut up. He needs to sort his attitude out or his career will be over before it even begins.

Praise the lord, it is the second coming :happy...

...of Andre Nel:mad

Could somebody please explain to me what happened with Sreesanth?

I saw he bowled an inswinging beamer to Pietersen, it was clearly accidental as you could see it slip out of his hand when they did a close up on it. I heard something about a two and a half foot no ball too.

He thought he had collingwood out (I think) so went round the wicket and bowled a 2 and a half foot no ball so he could make the bounce more intense.

At least Andre Nel actually bowls well occasionally though. So far i've seen nothing of Sreesanth to back up that mouth of his.

Besides, Collingwood's got a really bad technique. Seriously, I'm surprised he's at test level.

Yes, he does have very bad technique, but he is a fighter, and this is why he is in the side. Since the 2005 Ashes:

Mat I NO Runs HS1 HS2 HS3 Ave 100 50 0
20 37 5 1528 206 186 134* 47.75 5 2 1

I still don't rate him :p

Yeah Sreesanth really needs to get his act together. It's okay acting like that when you are bowling a really fiery spell, giving the batsmen problems. He wasn't bowling well at all though, albeit he was bowling better than yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread