India in England/Ireland/Scotland

At least Andre Nel actually bowls well occasionally though. So far i've seen nothing of Sreesanth to back up that mouth of his.

He bowled well against South Africa in South Africa. He also bowled extremely quick and well to Sri Lanka in one spell but the form of the game, series and particular match all escape me.

At least Andre Nel actually bowls well occasionally though. So far i've seen nothing of Sreesanth to back up that mouth of his.

Ironically, it was his performances against the South Africans that really made him catch the eye. He was quality in that series, moving the ball all over the place with accuracy.

Manee beat me to it :p

It's still no excuse for his behavior in this series. He's been a disgrace and his bowling has made Mick Lewis look decent.

It's still no excuse for his behavior in this series. He's been a disgrace and his bowling has made Mick Lewis look decent.

It certainly has not, I hope he is disciplined severly and possibly suspended for the next game.

Don't bring back the memories :p, actually do....he's an Aussie. Nah seriously, he hasn't bowled very well in this game, but has shown glimpses. He was India's best bowler in the 1st Innings of the first Test as well, if I remember correctly. His behavior has made his performances seem a whole lot worse than they actually have been, especially with all that farcing around with his run-up and such like as well.

Even Zaheer Khan - who has bowled splendidly - has shown glimpses of bad attitude. RP Singh and Kumble are good acts to follow; They have both just got on with it and let the ball do the talking. Tremlett, Anderson, Panesar and Sidebottom have been the same too. Albeit Sidebottom is a bit over-eager at times.

Even Zaheer Khan - who has bowled splendidly - has shown glimpses of bad attitude.

lol...don't talk about bad attitude from Zaheer. He's a very disciplined player normally. There was a reason why he brandished his bat to KP. Apparently the English players were throwing jellybeans on the pitch when he was batting. I'd be pretty mad too if people did that to me. And that's what pushed him past the edge.

"England's sledging of Sreesanth last evening, terming him Harry Potter because of his glasses, might have led to some amount of mental disintegration but their jellybean experiment against Zaheer backfired spectacularly. "

Here's the story:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/engvind/content/current/story/304509.html

Last edited:
I think Zaheer was alright. Verbal battles are very common nowdays. But Sreesanth was disgraceful and made Andre Nel look like a saint.

The beamer was unintentional though. I hope, otherwise he should be jailed for attempted murder.

It's the quickest and hardest pitch in the country, surely Tremlett would like it...?

Yup, if you want to drop anyone for a second spinner it'd be either Anderson or Sidebottom, given the consistency issue it'd be Anderson for the chop.

I wonder what Evo thinks of that :D

m_vaughan said:
The beamer was unintentional though. I hope, otherwise he should be jailed for attempted murder.

Now that's overstepping the mark ;) See what I did there?

playkid12 said:
Apparently the English players were throwing jellybeans on the pitch when he was batting

One of the funniest things I've ever heard on the cricket pitch :D So obviously not true.

Well, he also bowled a ball from a metre behind the crease, so I'm not sure if it was intentional or not.

Well the cricket is sponsored by SpecSavers...

Last edited:
Yup, if you want to drop anyone for a second spinner it'd be either Anderson or Sidebottom, given the consistency issue it'd be Anderson for the chop.

I wonder what Evo thinks of that :D

That's not an option!

But if he's replaced for Keedy then it's Lanc for Lanc and it's a win win situation for me!

I think it's disgraceful if jellybeans were thrown on the pitch. That's just despicable. The team should get fined majorly for that. That's much worse than throwing a few words about. I think Zaheer has all reason to get angry there. Collingwood acknowledged the jellybean issue too, so it's obviously true.

Anyway, Zaheer gave them the perfect reply.

I think it's disgraceful if jellybeans were thrown on the pitch. That's just despicable. The team should get fined majorly for that. That's much worse than throwing a few words about. I think Zaheer has all reason to get angry there. Collingwood acknowledged the jellybean issue too, so it's obviously true.

Anyway, Zaheer gave them the perfect reply.

Jellybeans are hardly Semtex are they? And i'm sure that if they were thrown on the pitch then the camera's would have picked it up.

Users who are viewing this thread