India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Dravid is out for 12 runs. There were handclaps before the deliveries of Collingwood towards him.

Collingwood has been our best bowler :laugh getting Ganguly and Dravid. I was just about to say how our batsman shouldn't of got out to Ganguly and Tendulkar, then Colly pops up.

I have a really nasty feeling about this game. I hope we do not mess up this chance of winning the series.
This has all the makings of a turnaround win for England.

I cannot explain the reason for my apprehension but I do not have a great feeling about this game.
You can really see the English spirits getting up now and that for me is the single biggest reason why they can win this.

You cannot question the validity of Ian Chappel`s comments,though.
His comments are frank and based on the observations he makes.
Most of his points, if not all are quite valid.
He's entitled to his own opinion but I think he really sticks his nose in everywhere and claims to know everything about every facet of cricket. How can he give advice to wicketkeepers on their technique if he has never done it at any sort of proper level?

God help India when Kumble retires lol...too bad he turned into an all rounder a few years late :p
We don't need god if we've got Piyush Chawla. ;)

Last edited:
I have a really nasty feeling about this game. I hope we do not mess up this chance of winning the series.
This has all the makings of a turnaround win for England.

I cannot explain the reason for my apprehension but I do not have a great feeling about this game.
You can really see the English spirits getting up now and that for me is the single biggest reason why they can win this.
Talk some sense dude.Lead is over 400 now.

why would you want harbhajan out of the side, hes a class bowler who would have really dominated on this oval pitch? :p
He's also taken two five-wicket hauls in his last two test matches and I don't think he was taken to Bangladesh either.

...always missing leg imo (ignoring what hawkeye said).
Aha! So Hawkeye should only be used as justification when it suits one? :D

Last edited:
He's also taken two five-wicket hauls in his last two test matches and I don't think he was taken to Bangladesh either.

Aha! So Hawkeye should only be used as justification when it suits one? :D

Took 5-13 in his last test at Kingston last year.

Yeah, I don't see any advantage for India in batting again. With a lead of nearly 350 they're hardly going to lose the game. Even if England do score 500 in their second innings a draw or Indian win will still be favourite. Enforcing the follow-on is a no-brainer for me.
I wish you had leased your brain out to Dravid today. Would have helped us out, I feel.

I don`t think Harbhajan looked threatening in 2006 .
He just did not look the same wicket taking entity that he earlier was.

With 42 overs left today and a 90 tomorrow.
Let us assume that India play out the next 15 overs and give England 25 overs to bat today.
If they are set around 450 and score 100 of those today.
They do have a chance to get those tomorrow.
That is only about 4 r.p.o, is`nt it ?

All this , off course if the weather permits.

Talk some sense dude.Lead is over 400 now.

I only mentioned what my gut feel was.

Last edited:
I don`t think Harbhajan looked threatening in 2006 .
He just did not look the same wicket taking entity that he earlier was.

With 42 overs left today and a 90 tomorrow.
Let us assume that India play out the next 15 overs and give England 25 overs to bat today.
If they are set around 450 and score 100 of those today.
They do have a chance to get those tomorrow.
That is only about 4 r.p.o, is`nt it ?

All this , off course if the weather permits.

Its so easy scoring 450 runs in the last inning isnt it?:rolleyes:

How about a 'bowl off' to decide who bats first on a perfect pitch such as the one we had in this match? It's just ridiculous that so many times, the team who wins the toss on a belter of a track such as this one, often goes on to dominate and win the match.
Riiiight. I remember someone making the comment at the beginning of this series that England have a habit of winning the toss and making 500 at home. Hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread