India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I wish you had leased your brain out to Dravid today. Would have helped us out, I feel.

We'll do a share - he can lend me his batting for my final two matches of the season.
I actually really like Rahul Dravid: I saw quite a lot of him when he played his season for Scotland and I've seen him play some very aggressive cricket.

only reason India are doing so well , is because we keep making pitches that are tailor made for their batting.

They have only batted once in "proper english conditions" so far in this series, and that was at lords..and they got owned..

last two matches they batted in nice sushine on dead wickets..its just like playing at home for them..

if we played the next match on a bouncy seamers pitch , i am 100% sure we'd win inside 4days..
Luckily series aren't scheduled according to your abilities as a seer.

And how come England's supposedly great batting line-up failed to do anything remarkable in "proper English conditions"? You really have to give some credit where it's due.

4 Tests and 5 ODIs would have suited England.
5 tests, 5 ODI's and one Twenty20 would have made everyone happy. :)

Last edited:
Dravid's innings was one of the most disgusting, pathetic bit of Test cricket I've seen in a long, long time.

I don't remember how Ravi Shastri played towards the end of his career to deserve those "slipper garlands" but Dravid comes very close to it. Even Harsha Bhogle made a reference to Ravi's batting when asking him how it felt to get into a rut like that ;)

Disgusting, disgusting. I cannot find words to describe his mentality. And that sheepish smile he had on his face when the crowd jeered him just exemplified his attitude today.

Riiiight. I remember someone making the comment at the beginning of this series that England have a habit of winning the toss and making 500 at home. Hmm.

I made that comment - and I am right.

2006: 551/6 dec. vs Sri Lanka
2006: 528/9 dec. vs Pakistan
2007: 553/5 dec. vs West Indies

Luckily series aren't scheduled according to your abilities as a seer.

And how come England's supposedly great batting line-up failed to do anything remarkable in "proper English conditions"? You really have to give some credit where it's due.

5 tests, 5 ODI's and one Twenty20 would have made everyone happy. :)

well we're currently watching India bat under bowler friendly conditions for only the 2nd time this summer..and the evidence speaks for itself..

and we're a bowler light..

but i don't really wanna go thru all that nonsense again..

anyone think india will declare tonight?

1. Are you dumb? Look at the Australian Line Up! They would beat them on any given day! Wait until the Test series in Australia before you come and say this!
I'd be interested to see who will be opening for Australia and filling the void caused by Damien Martyn.

I guess you mean the 05 Ashes.
And on Warnie being pissed off by Kumble getting a hundred, Ian Chappel who was on air at that moment sent an SMS to Warnie and pat came the reply `It Must have been a flat track` !

As if he scored his runs on greentops. Nonsense comment!

Piece of cake if I was playing. ;)
On the Indian team? :D

Everyone in the India team passed double-figures in the 1st innings.

I'd laugh if each one of them failed to pass double-figures in the 2nd innings.
That would definitely be some sort of record! Unfortunately, we've settled down to save the game.

Err wait... I thought we were 400 runs ahead.

Ian Howell is an awful umpire. I see no reason why Simon Taufel could not have umpired this match as well as the Trent Bridge test. Him and Bucknor are the perfect combination.
I'm pretty sure the umpires are assigned before the series begins. Someone can probably correct me.

Last edited:
what an idiot !! absolutely shocking decision.......dravid is famous for being
gutless......proves it clearly here !!!! :mad:mad

Perfectly said. How come he chooses just the wrong time to bat again? The conditions are overcast, the ball is swinging, the Indian bowlers are in very good form and this idiot doesnt enforce the follow on. I think India could have won the match today itself had the follow on been enforced.

All talk before the match of playing for a result was just to please the fans. But I think there is some one else behind this decision. Vengsarkar? Borde? This is the 'Gavaskar' type of thinking - not to lose at any cost.

and thats why we should prepare bouncy pitches AND.. Tremlett should take the new ball...
...And England should take up the bodyline strategy.

LMAO!!

Dravid just looked to the sky as if he was looking for rain.
I think Dravid fell on his head and is suffering from amnesia. He thinks he's playing for England at the moment.

Last edited:
Perfectly said. How come he chooses just the wrong time to bat again? The conditions are overcast, the ball is swinging, the Indian bowlers are in very good form and this idiot doesnt enforce the follow on. I think India could have won the match today itself had the follow on been enforced.

All talk before the match of playing for a result was just to please the fans. But I think there is some one else behind this decision. Vengsarkar? Borde? This is the 'Gavaskar' type of thinking - not to lose at any cost.

I'm wondering the same.

There seems something more to it -- India's strategy being 400+ ahead simply baffles me. Something is wrong in that dressing room there.

Who would even think of losing with a 300+ lead like that in the first innings :mad :mad :mad

Dravid has stained his reputation with these tactics, in my book. A person of his stature simply cannot be that daft!

Last edited:
I'm absolutely stunned at Dravid's decision to bat again. What I thought of Dravid just now when I saw this cannot be expressed here in a family-friendly forum.

Absolutely shocking decision. I just saw the scorecard and couldn't believe my eyes with India 11-3.

India deserve to lose this match... period I have no words. They have conceded a vital psychological advantage to England. They will now believe they can win and that is such a big aspect.

Dravid == What a negative *******. Throwing away a great opportunity to win a Test series in England. :eek: :eek:
They won't lose but your words still ring absolutely true. Luckily I was returning from Khandala and did not have to watch this idiocy live on television. I cursed him all the way back, something I haven't done since ABdV edged one to Tendulkar and stuck around.

It's a smart decision to bat, really. It might rain later today... slightly, and the humidity might help the bowlers tomorrow. Also, you can add around 150-160 runs, call it a day, and hand it to england. The bowlers could need a break.
The bowlers bowled how many overs this morning? Maybe an hour? Maybe an hour and a bit? The impetus would be on England to make a match of it but whether they would have gone for it with a pitch that will have started to wear is something we will now never know. And how many runs do we need? If we seriously think England can rack up 550ish when they struggled to get 350 in the first innings, I think we are far too cowardly. Laxman 16 from 50 balls! Are we seriously looking to save something out there?

10 minutes ago, india fans were talking about thrashing australia..

how things change
You mean one Indian fan, right? I guess it's only fair that you made this comment since a few here generalized all English fans based on your posts.

If India are bowled out for 100 then England have over 400 to get. Considering our first innings and the conditions getting worse I think there is very little chance of an England win
There would certainly have been a greater chance than you having to score 500 and setting India a decent target, eh?

I had advocated for him as a captain,but this is outrageous.
This is almost identical to my state at this point. The only thing that could help restore the happy taste that was in my mouth after the first innings of this match is a Dhoni slogfest. :)

Last edited:
Dravid's innings was one of the most disgusting, pathetic bit of Test cricket I've seen in a long, long time.

I don't remember how Ravi Shastri played towards the end of his career to deserve those "slipper garlands" but Dravid comes very close to it. Even Harsha Bhogle made a reference to Ravi's batting when asking him how it felt to get into a rut like that ;)

Disgusting, disgusting. I cannot find words to describe his mentality. And that sheepish smile he had on his face when the crowd jeered him just exemplified his attitude today.

Rare thing that I agree with you. My hate for Dravid is just increasing rapidly.

So why exactly did Dravid not enforce the follow-on?

This is the difference between Ganguly and most of the other Indian captains. He had a spine.
And a brain.

Probably being a little harsh against Dravid, though, but this decision is remarkable. I just hope there's something he has picked up from playing years of international cricket that justifies this decision to the critics (a group I shall be enrolling in after the decision).

lol howell is cluesless..

may as well just toss a coin when someone appeals..

heads = not out
Tails = out..
He takes a while though. He should flip a coin once and then flip the coin again to decide whether he should stick with the original decision.

Last edited:
laxman and dhoni (especially) should come out adter tea and attack, attack and attack! quickly get to 500 and declare, because the conditions today are ideal for zaheer amd arpy

Users who are viewing this thread