India in England/Ireland/Scotland

If we need 480 from 103 overs, I think its 4.66 an over. Good luck lads :p

I hope noone took my statement in my above post seriously, otherwise...

So you are saying that you are arguing against facts? Brilliant!

sorry i don't feed trolls..( to clarify that, i will be ignoring you from now on)

back to the cricket...indian bowling a bit poor here, not making the batsmen play..

Last edited by a moderator:
i never fancied dravid as a captain. he is a great batsman...but a moderately
average captain !!

lacks the aggressiveness,the commanding attitude, the killer instinct.....and lot of this isnt based on this test........

anyways....the only thing india dont want is a win from england......

anyways....the only thing india dont want is a win from england......
I think that was exactly Dravid's thinking when he decided to bat again. Maybe he wanted to "surprise" the English bowlers by batting again though I don't think that there was anything to gain from that. Really... he will have a lot of explaining to do when stumps are drawn tonight.

I think that was exactly Dravid's thinking when he decided to bat again. Maybe he wanted to "surprise" the English bowlers by batting again though I don't think that there was anything to gain from that. Really... he will have a lot of explaining to do when stumps are drawn tonight.

i just couldnt fig out the reason for his shocking decision..... may be he didnt want to strain his bowlers or he simply didnt believe in them ???

everyone would be more interested in his statement than the match analysis :p

i just couldnt fig out the reason for his shocking decision..... may be he didnt want to strain his bowlers or he simply didnt believe in them ???

everyone would be more interested in his statement than the match analysis :p
I feel that one of his bowlers must have had a little niggle or something. Lloyd just mentioned that Zaheer has a slight thigh strain. I guess that would validate the decision somewhat since there's no point in losing Zaheer at this stage, especially after the series has been won. But it would still take a lot to convince me because the alternative is that he had no trust in his players. Either he didn't trust his bowlers to take 10 wickets for a low enough score or he didn't back his batsmen to chase that much.

I feel that one of his bowlers must have had a little niggle or something. Lloyd just mentioned that Zaheer has a slight thigh strain. I guess that would validate the decision somewhat since there's no point in losing Zaheer at this stage, especially after the series has been won. But it would still take a lot to convince me because the alternative is that he had no trust in his players. Either he didn't trust his bowlers to take 10 wickets for a low enough score or he didn't back his batsmen to chase that much.

lets wait till his statement...

meanwhile....our bowlers arent looking threating at all..............

I came across one fact from cricinfo,

England need to bat out 110 overs to save this match. Only three times has a team batted out 110 overs in the final innings at The Oval.

This is interesting which is definitely a good sign for India. But it seems bowlers haven't had enough rest :p as they are not impressive till now. Suprised with Kumble's expensive first two overs.

This reminds me India-Pakistan test match where Jumbo got 10 wickets. In that match, openers had a century partnership and Jumbo initiated the collapse after that ;) Lets stay positive and see what happens :cool:

England 1/10 of the way to our total for the loss of no wicket, this is easy :p Well played India just 1 day of getting the basics right and they should win the series barring a miracle.

This article about umpiring by Howell claims that he is in fact not a part of the elite panel. Furthermore, there is no international cricket going on at the moment, so it looks like the top umpires are just resting it up.

Sachin looks more threatening on this pitch than Kumble with his big turn, its just a case of bowling less rubbish.

So England get through with no wickets down. They need 444 runs tomorrow from 90 overs--just a touch under 5 runs an over. I think they should bat conservatively the first session and most of the second session but at some point they should think about throwing a challenge at it if they have wickets in hand.

Should be too tough a challenge, though. Let's see...

Sachin looks more threatening on this pitch than Kumble with his big turn, its just a case of bowling less rubbish.
Yeah, the problem with Sachin is more often than not the ball doesn't pitch. He bowls such a large quantity of full tosses and short balls that the good balls do not really have any effect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread