India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Kumble will destory us if the weather doesnt wash the game out. England have no chance of chasing 450 on the last day. Cant hit 450 in 2 days let alone 1. I normally show abit of optimism, but in this case i dont think we have a cat in hell's chance. Well played India.

Kumble will destory us if the weather doesnt wash the game out. England have no chance of chasing 450 on the last day. Cant hit 450 in 2 days let alone 1. I normally show abit of optimism, but in this case i dont think we have a cat in hell's chance. Well played India.

:noway kumble will never destroy england, he hasnt been a threat all throughout the series, he'll take 2 wickets max....

kumble has been more dangerous with the bat than ball in this series..most of his 10 wkts have been cleaning up our tail.

tendulkar could be a bigger threat than kumble if he pitches the ball and doesnt bowl any long hops, we all saw how much turn he got yesterday on a day 3 pitch and got pietersen out, so imagine what he can do if he bowls accuratey tomorrow

kumble would have been the perfect legspinner if he had a big leg-break....

I hope Sreesanth destroys England.He wants to leave an impact before coming back to india.

as much as i hope as well, he won't, he has been far to way-ward this series....
Why are you being so negative. I think we should wait until tomorrow. Although I feel the match is heading in the same direction as you do. But you never know what will happen, anything is possible in Cricket.

Why are you being so negative. I think we should wait until tomorrow. Although I feel the match is heading in the same direction as you do. But you never know what will happen, anything is possible in Cricket.

so you're even saying england can win?.....

I think Kumble got some key wickets. Was defiantly the best spinner on display by far.

Series win to India. They can only win or draw now. They were better off inserting England back in yesterday, they;d have had a better chance at winning then they do now. Stupid decision.

few people were baffled by Dravid's decision. His monumental 96 ball effort was even better, in a different way.

He was just a bit too over-cautious.

English fans: come on, accept defeat gracefully and show some respect to the opposition. Whining and moaning about conditions, about missing players and about the drawn Test at Lords will get your nowhere. To show class in the face of defeat is what makes a team great: not just in winning.

As Ian Chappell said about a question when somebody asked how much would India have got if they faced the 2005 Ashes attack, he said you might as well have asked how much India would have got facing Harold Larwood and company. It's all hypothetical and conjecture. If that makes you feel better, continue living in that fool's paradise. We'll enjoy the series win if you don't mind (and even if you do mind) :p

And India have beaten England in "English" conditions as well. Remember Headingley in 2002? True, we love a flat track, but India aren't dummies on seaming wickets either. We now have the attack to give back as good as we get and particularly in England with our swing bowlers.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggh! If only we could've bowled like that in the bloody first innings!!!!! If you win India, you deserve it, but I'm hopeful of us saving the Test at least and staying ahead in the rankings, as we've seen ourselves many, many times how tough it can be to take 10 wickets in one day.

It's been a great series though, I've enjoyed it.

It will be a draw most likely now, thanks to Dravid's match-saving effort :rolleyes:

He wasted nearly half a session (90 balls == 15 overs) scoring what???? 12 runs!

All that time could have been used trying to get the Englishmen out. Even with the final acceleration at the end, India didn't leave themselves with nearly enough overs to bowl England out and the Oval pitch still looks solid and flat... And the England openers played with the sun on their backs.

I can understand concerns of Zaheer's fitness, but even so, the way he batted after deciding not to enforce the follow on defies logic. India were 11-3 all right, but they had more than 300 runs in the bank... nothing could have justified his negative batting.

Dravid has undone all the hard work of the Indian batsmen and the Indian bowlers in the first innings. Disgraceful...

Last edited:
The England team that played at Lords have decided to turn up have they? :rolleyes:

A test and 3 days too late!

There is very little chance of England winning this.

It would be the ultimate victory if we did.

I've said it before, opening stands are crucial . The most ideal situation would be for the openers to get a hundred and a double hundred to really give us a chance but there is very little chance of that happening. Although, they are due a stand.

Strauss looked alright. Kumble may not look a threat right now but he is always a threat with his bounce. Tendulkar looks like he could get Cook. He's unorthodox spin and Cook has a problem with it.

If we are 3 or 4 down by Tea needing 180-odd, we can push for it.

I don't think RP Singh will be as much as a threat in the second innings. He's not as good or quick as Zaheer Khan so if we can survive Zaheer, we can survive RP.

Looking optimistically in the long term, if India can go joint second (or close third, whatever it is when points are equal) and then beat Australia in Australia in the New Year and go first in the rankings, it may be the perfect time for one or more of the Big Four (Kumble instead of the 32 year old Laxman in this particular four) to bow out on a high.

There is a massive opportunity for India here to take the test rankings by storm and they must go for a win by any means necessary in this match. In my opinion, that means either batting for 30 overs or less going for a bit of a slog or enforcing the follow on and looking for the innings victory.

No doubting that might be able to beat Australia but there is too much of a gap to go first so soon after going second.

I understand Dravid's decision (Don't agree with it but understand it) but the way India went about it was baffling.

I think this criticism of Dravid may b a little harsh. He obviously didn't make the decision without consulting the back room staff.

Still, a stupid decision and a very poor innings.

We can't leave it to Pietersen. These openers need a mammoth stand of at least 170.

I am worried that England will get off to a good start and then capitualate in the session after Lunch.

[Optimistic mode] We can do it! [/Optimistic mode]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread