India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I agree, it seemed a very strange decision not to keep the pressure on us. When the opponent's down, you don't give 'em a chance to regroup! You kick 'em in the head!

Bad light stopped play now, so hopefully our weather will help us out for once!

yes, c'mon india! vaughan gone!

its still gonna be a draw though....

Tendulkar just went for 13 runs of the over. Is England on the attack? Actually they've nothing to lose. If India doesn't care if they will win the series with 1-0 or 2-0, England should take this approach also. They will lose the series or could possibly draw it if they will go for it.

22 runs of the last 8 balls.

And now 14 runs of the over.

Last edited:
Pietersen gets his fifty. English batsmen are still getting runs. I feel if they still will have wickets they will hit after tea. Maybe that's a reason, why they are risking their wickets now and getting runs. But the required runrate is very high. They will need 300 runs in 40 overs. Even for an ODI that is difficult to get.

India might have been in with a chance if Dravid had held that simple chance before lunch. I don't see us getting a win now, unless the English batsmen decide to attack.

I think it is time to bring on the pacers, Kumble and Tendulkar seem to have done all they could. I can only see Sreesanth changing things from here since RP is bowling too wide and Zaheer is bowling far too short.

Tea time and you still need 7 wickets to win, so this will probably be a draw. So, if the stupid bloody weather hadn't mucked up Lords, the series would've been 1-1 and I think that would've been a fair result.

Oh well, ce la vie!

Pietersen playing another Key knock, same situation as his first test century, except we're not playing for as much of a significant draw :p. KP FTW though.

Just imagine, if we could've skittled them out for around 100 yesterday after that start, we could've been on target to win now! If only the umpire had given that Dravid LBW, who knows? :(

The Indian perspective: Just imagine, if Dravid wasn't such a dunderhead, we could've been on target to win the series 2-0 now!

Well, with the wicket of Collingwood going down and the new ball in play the next 30 mins will be crucial. A couple of quick wickets and the momentum will swing in India's favour, if England can remain at 4 down then the games a draw.

I hate to say this but if this match ends as a draw, in my books the series has been drawn 1-1.

I don't feel like celebrating a technical series victory.

My heart says England won the first Test.

Well, with the wicket of Collingwood going down and the new ball in play the next 30 mins will be crucial. A couple of quick wickets and the momentum will swing in India's favour, if England can remain at 4 down then the games a draw.

Yep, we need to stop them getting into the tail for as long as possible.

I hate to say this but if this match ends as a draw, in my books the series has been drawn 1-1.

I don't feel like celebrating a technical series victory.

My heart says England won the first Test.

Surely it's time that Test matches had a reserve day to avoid situations like this in the future? I mean it's ridiculous that the weather can have such a say in a sporting event!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread