India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I'm not comparing it, I'm just saying if you're going to go around claiming that it was because of weather that England are not level on this series, you cannot ignore the fact that they had the advantage on day one of this test series. Had England not had the better conditions in the first innings, we don't know what turn this series would have taken, do we?

Fair enough. I'm just getting annoyed because of the amount of times the weather (usually our own weather) has messed us up recently. I still reckon 1-1 would've been a fair result though.

Matt Prior now needs to justify his selection over the likes of Read and Ian Bell needs to show that he is in fact a top-draw test batsman. It's easy to pile the runs on when others before you have, but it's situations like this that really test the skills of batsmen.

Fair enough. I'm just getting annoyed because of the amount of times the weather (usually our own weather) has messed us up recently. I still reckon 1-1 would've been a fair result though.
You're obviously entitled to your own opinion so I think we'd best leave it at that. Also, it was about time that weather helped the Indians out after whatever has happened in the last few years. :D

Last edited:
Our pace bowlers need to be in attack mode from now on. Runs are just worthless now. One more wicket and the tail will be exposed.

Exactly. There are now only 2 results possible, in case anyone thought there were 4 at the beginning of the day.

I personally think England will hang on for the draw. Has India taken the second new ball already?

Even if this match draws which should have gone in our way just like Lord's test which should have gone your way.We still win by 1-0.Accept your loss.:rolleyes:

I think it's too late, can't see any result other than a draw.

With just 21 overs to go in the match ?
Hmmm,it is an interesting situation,but i can't really see India pulling this one off now.

Yes, Sreesanth got Collingwood with the first ball of the new ball.

That's for Sohum btw, 4 posts came up in the time it took to type and post that line!

Yes, Sreesanth got Collingwood with the first ball of the new ball.

That's for Sohum btw, 4 posts came up in the time it took to type and post that line!

Sreesanth finally coming good ?
Well,maybe he can pick up a hat-trick.

If this test is a draw,i'd also consider the series as drawn,seeing as the weather played spoilsport in the first test which England duly deserved to win.

With just 21 overs to go in the match ?
Hmmm,it is an interesting situation,but i can't really see India pulling this one off now.
Yeah... it's gonna teeter into a draw. Even if India dislodge one of the last batsmen, I can see Sidey or Tremlett holding one end up. Need a magic spell from someone.

Sreesanth finally coming good ?
Well,maybe he can pick up a hat-trick.

If this test is a draw,i'd also consider the series as drawn,seeing as the weather played spoilsport in the first test which England duly deserved to win.

Maybe, but we were so outclassed at TB (or at least we were well below par). Sreesanth has been impressive today and in this match, he needed to have a good game though after the debacle at TB.

Need a magic spell from someone.

Harry Potter?

Matt Prior now needs to justify his selection over the likes of Read and Ian Bell needs to show that he is in fact a top-draw test batsman. It's easy to pile the runs on when others before you have, but it's situations like this that really test the skills of batsmen.

You're obviously entitled to your own opinion so I think we'd best leave it at that. Also, it was about time that weather helped the Indians out after whatever has happened in the last few years. :D

Weather been messing you up as well, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread