India in England/Ireland/Scotland

never know, 7 odis is alot, england will learn alot rom it, they could want revenge against india lol... not sure they will get it in one day matches though lol

I don't understand why we play 4 Test against the Windies and only 3 against India.

Because the BCCI and the ECB have an agreement that their tours would be 3 tests, 7 ODIs, no T20s. It was the same in India in 2006.

England have to play 7 tests and 2 T20s each summer.

Yup, manee, Dravid gave a very valid and pointed response. You knew what he was trying to suggest when he kept referring to the fans sitting in their armchairs at home.
I wish I had an armchair. :P

So what was this response that has supposedly abated the thirst for blood?

Armchairs, living rooms, whatever. He was definitely credible in saying that only he would know what condition his bowlers were in at the end of a three-test series.
Hmmm.... perhaps finally an explanation for why India play such short series' when it comes to test matches. :D

Last edited:
Great series win for India. Without a coach and after those World Cup days, they have rebound in a magnificient way. They are winning, and thats a big thing. They have beaten South Africa and England in conditions not exactly close to what India have grown up in (though the Oval suited India more, it was still England).

Of the big three, Saurav Ganguly wins according to me in this series. He has looked the best of the three, and deservedly ends up the highest scorer among the three. Dravid's form didnt hurt us, but if we got to match up with Australia, Dravid needs to be firing big. Sachin's game is very shaky these days, but somehow he also gets those runs. Extremely happy with Dinesh Karthik's batting and Jaffer did well too. Dhoni's work behind the stumps merits a look, but somehow he got good runs batting (esp. that innings in Lord's which was instrumental in India winning the series).

Zaheer has become truly India's spearhead. RP gave him good support, but Sreesanth overall was a disappointment. I still hope we get back Munaf in good fitness and Agarkar soon.

I am very happy with the series, and I am waiting for the ODI's where India will definitely start favorites. But I want a hard fought series like this one.

Credit to England today, batted out well, Strauss needs to go back to county games for a while, that way we can give him some time out in the middle! Everyone contributed and good on KP showing what was needed, but Vaughan and Bellio contributed in there own ways!

Congrats to India, the Nottingham test really showed why you won, BUT bad captaining meant you declared about 50-100 runs too much, maybe 100 is too much, but you had a chance of the win. Never the less, good result for you Indian's, and its a credit to Anil Kumble to come away with wickets and a century!

Now to the ODI were i can see it being 5-1 with a game abandoned to India.

Congrats to India, the Nottingham test really showed why you won.

Thank You.

India did outplay England in two out of the three games.

Also spare a thought for England.
Their fast bowlers who won the Ashes for them have all disappeared.
Freddy, Harmy, Hoggy, and Jones were injured and SP Jones might never play again.

England missed a fast bowler or two.

P.S. India will probably never have one.

So what was this response that has supposedly abated the thirst for blood?

He basically said that the fans sitting in their living rooms might have their concerns and opinions regarding his decision, but as the captain, he had to decide based on the body language and condition of the bowlers.

Strauss needs to go back to county games for a while, that way we can give him some time out in the middle!

I wonder about the possiblity of Strauss getting dropped for Sri Lanka.
Flintoff has to come back and Ian Bell has made runs yesterday, so some tricky decsions for the selectors to make.

Good stuff.
Deserved this series win imo, and on a rebuilding path after the disaster of the
World Cup.
England fought hard at lords-where they deserved a win- and on the last 2 days at the Oval. TB was critical.
Credits to Zaheer-bowled like a magician. Dravid-Great captaincy. On the whole the whole XI of the Indian team did wahat they were told to do and then some. The top order-everyone clicked. The bowling-everyone chipped in at some point or the other.

I think Strauss is past his best. He started out great & that was probably his peak. After that he was inconsistant then he went through a patch where he wasn't scoring any runs at all. I think his gone back to his inconsistancy & that'll be the sorta player he is for his career.

The fact that his only played 140 odd FC games at an average of 40 doesn't excuse his low FC average (if you say his a quality player) like some of the other players in the team who started playing county cricket in their teens.

I think Ian Bell is class, can't/wouldn't drop him.

like the previous match this match too went to india's favor due to 1innings total....England batted well and showed much more higher spirits..then before....

chak DE india...:clap:cool:

Strauss needs a rest because he seems to be in a rut of performing badly and seems unable to get beyond 40 without forcing a ball which isn't there and presenting a chance.

On to the topic of the ODIs, I think it is strange that India did not have their ODI Tri Series against Kenya and Sri Lanka A first so that they could uncover new talent for the England ODI series.

I think the ODIs will depend largely on which Munaf Patel shows up, the quick wicket taker or the containment bowler. Obviously, the former would be ideal but have injuries damaged his body permanently? Sachin Tendulkar will also play a pivotal role, with fielding restrictions among other things preventing England from stopping any sort of leg side shot as they did in the tests, he will be free to pull the ball. Remember, that is still his main scoring shot, the brilliant way in which he utilised it in the Future Cup brought flashbacks to the 'old Tendulkar'. India's bowling is weak, Agarkar and Zaheer are inconsistant and Chawla is young and inexperienced. Only Powar has a good consistant record in ODIs but even he does not take wickets at quite the rate needed. India lack a Shaun Tait-like wicket taker who you can count on for two wickets, with the cost being a moot point.

On to England, I feel they may be too reliant on Kevin Pietersen if they are to score anything above 275 since he seems to be the only batsman who can force the rate in ODIs. Even Matt Prior, who scores brisky in tests with a strike rate of around 65, cannot seem to score more agressively in ODIs. Flintoff's bowling and batting will be integral to England success as not only can he score quickly but he can also quell a flow of runs from the opposition. England's bowlers are largely punts, in terms of selection. None are highly proven at List A level and merely the potential of a Stuart Broad is noted in his selection. It remains to be seen as to whether these unproven bowlers with poor records can perform in the seven ODIs. I cannot see the squad changing too much for the last three ODIs for England.

I think it's hard to judge Prior due to the form of Cook in the WI series, Cook always managed to fal first and thus Prior had to re adjust. He can score quickly though, no doubt about that.

My ODI team would be.

Cook
Prior
KP
Shah
Collingwood
Bopara
Flintoff
Mascarenhas
Tremlett
Anderson
Panesar

If Sidebottom is fit I'd play him over Monty.

My ODI team:

1. Alastair Cook
2. Matt Prior (wicket-keeper)
3. Paul Collingwood (captain)
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Ian Bell
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Ravi Bopara
8. Ryan Sidebottom
9. Chris Tremlett
10. James Anderson
11. Monty Panesar