India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Harry potter?
Errr... that would do too.

Weather been messing you up as well, huh?
Probably twice every three series over the last few years.

I think the Indian bowlers are falling into the trap of trying to take a wicket with every ball, and are essentially just bowling nonsense which is either too wide to interest the batsmen or too short to trouble them.

Last edited:
Oh well, maybe it'll leave us both alone soon and go bother Australia or someone!! :)

I just hope that it does not bother South Africa during September.

Well,with 13 overs to go and 5 wickets remaining,it seemslike India will DRAW this test.

So,who will be /should be the Man of the Series ?
I think it would be Zaheer Khan for India.
For England either KP or Alastair Cook.

Last edited:
KP and zaheer khan should be the men ofthe series from each team.

Both have been a cut above the rest

i've been out all day, does anyone know why kumble's in such a grumpy mood?

PS: Bell going for his hundred before end of play?

Last edited:

Yes.

A draw is still the likely event, but if India can just pick up two wickets in an over, who knows...

KP and zaheer khan should be the men ofthe series from each team.

Both have been a cut above the rest

i've been out all day, does anyone know why kumble's in such a grumpy mood?

Kumble got very angry with Pietersen today, he tried to run after the ball but went straight into KP, who was just minding his own business at the non-striker's end, and Kumble went up to him and started shouting and pointing his finger at him.

It looked like Pietersen elbowed Kumble, which obviously infuriated the bowler.

It looked like Pietersen elbowed Kumble, which obviously infuriated the bowler.

No it didn't, KPs elbows were beside his body, so unless he was doing some kind of belly dance his elbows were no way near Kumble.

---

Well done India, you deserved that, it was a shame in many ways that we didn't win the Lords game because this game would've been one of the best Tests of this decade. England man of the series is Anderson, slightly surprising, he did well not consistent enough though and his rpo showed that I think. Some positives for England but many negatives too, barring the obvious loss of a home series, the form of the openers was crucial imo. I thought our 4 bowlers all did well with Colly backing up quite well. Our batsman have to go on more though. Bell did well in this test though, 130 runs, including a good second innings, something he needs to do more often. 7 ODIs now and a massive winter where we actually have a break of about 6 weeks. 4 months until our next test so plenty of time for Vaughan, Hoggard and Harmison to maintain fitness.

India.

Everyone performed, no one let the side down, Zaheer and more so RP surprised us (I always thought Zaheer would bowl well after his season at Worcs). Karthik is a real talent, needs to learn the basics of catching though!

I think Sidebottom can count himself unlucky to have I think the worst bowling average of the main 4 England bowlers (correct me if I'm wrong) he bowled really well, a good pick by Moores.

Good series, I am disappointed to lose the series but not downhearted. A good series.

Rahul Dravid gives a very good explanation for not enforcing the follow on on Sky Sports to Michael Atherton. A very good explanation and it is a great sight to see India all celebrating their hard earned test win in England...

On to the one dayers now...

No it didn't, KPs elbows were beside his body, so unless he was doing some kind of belly dance his elbows were no way near Kumble.

Looked like Kumble was obstructed to me, mate.

Doesn't matter anyhow. England played well throughout the series, with the exception of those few sessions at Nottingham. I don't think the English team will come under heavy criticism from anyone for their performances this series.

Yup, manee, Dravid gave a very valid and pointed response. You knew what he was trying to suggest when he kept referring to the fans sitting in their armchairs at home.

It was great to see India getting a win in England after over two decades. But, they can't afford to let up anything before the ODI series.

Yup, manee, Dravid gave a very valid and pointed response. You knew what he was trying to suggest when he kept referring to the fans sitting in their armchairs at home.

I think he said 'living rooms';).

I think he said 'living rooms';).

Armchairs, living rooms, whatever. He was definitely credible in saying that only he would know what condition his bowlers were in at the end of a three-test series.

Was Dravid's comment made with tongue-in-cheek? :p

Was he implying something when he said '...in their living rooms'?

Anyway, well done, India, you deserved it.

I almost forgot that a team is allowed to beat someone in their own backyard.

I don't understand why we play 4 Test against the Windies and only 3 against India.

Bell looked beautifully fluent i both innings. He needs to be able to push on like the rest of the batsmen need to. I'm afraid it won' be any different in the ODIs. Batsmen getting out after starts with only Colly and KP going on.

Users who are viewing this thread