India in England/Ireland/Scotland

I hate to say this but if this match ends as a draw, in my books the series has been drawn 1-1.

I don't feel like celebrating a technical series victory.

My heart says England won the first Test.
My head says that they didn't. I think we completely deserve the 1-0 victory--we were good enough to beat England but not good enough to beat England comprehensively. Again, the bad weather towards the end of India's second innings is used as a basis to award the match to England, while everyone seems to ignore that the weather favored them in the first innings.

At last, something to take away from the game for England. Pietersen gets the magic 10 in terms of century count.

My head says that they didn't. I think we completely deserve the 1-0 victory--we were good enough to beat England but not good enough to beat England comprehensively. Again, the bad weather towards the end of India's second innings is used as a basis to award the match to England, while everyone seems to ignore that the weather favored them in the first innings.

Maybe it did favour us in the first innings, but you can't compare that to the weather completely letting you off the hook.

100 for KP. Well played but your jobs not done yet, now make your 200 in 40 balls and then you can celebrate :p

So that we can save the game. I thought Dravid's strategy was pretty obvious. :rolleyes:

Pietersen for man of the series? I can't single anyone out from India.

Not Zaheer Khan for being the main part in the sole win of the series?

Deary me. Trust England to make hard work of a straight forward task. Pietersen out c Dhoni b Ego again.

KP gone after his 10th hundred. Will we lose 2-0 now after that silly shot?

OH KP what can we do, we love you yet you play shots like that which make some people (not me) hate you for it. One area he needs to work on imo.

Prior in now, can he save his and England's test match?

Maybe it did favour us in the first innings, but you can't compare that to the weather completely letting you off the hook.
I'm not comparing it, I'm just saying if you're going to go around claiming that it was because of weather that England are not level on this series, you cannot ignore the fact that they had the advantage on day one of this test series. Had England not had the better conditions in the first innings, we don't know what turn this series would have taken, do we?

Not Zaheer Khan for being the main part in the sole win of the series?
I don't think we can single Zaheer out, though, can we? RP has bowled well, Zaheer has bowled well, all the batsmen have put up runs on the board. The one person we know won't get the MoS, though, is Rahul Dravid for having an ordinary series with the bat and making a very controversial decision.

Users who are viewing this thread