India in England/Ireland/Scotland

TBH, Its been a poor performance from India first with the bat and now with the ball, in the second innings that is.
This is heading towards a draw, most likeley :(

I'd be interested to see who will be opening for Australia and filling the void caused by Damien Martyn.
Michael Hussey?

Pietersen's one for the big stage though & his due to make some runs aswell. This is something amazing that he could do.
But Strauss & Cook would have to start off solidly.
If Pietersen batted at 3 & England are 1/350 coming into the last session then it'd be game on.

If India lost this it would be the worst year in the history of Indian Cricket.

England won't have victory on mind until Tea and even that depends on...

Weather
How well they are bowling
Wickets in hand
Who is in

My ideal situation would be 120 runs in the first session, maybe 140 in the second and then a push for 180 or so in the last session, which would undoubtedly be longer. I can't see it happening though.

I think Kumble got some key wickets. Was defiantly the best spinner on display by far.

Series win to India. They can only win or draw now. They were better off inserting England back in yesterday, they;d have had a better chance at winning then they do now. Stupid decision.

defiantly or definitely? ;)

It's not surprised me that Kumble's been the better spinner A) He is better first up, but he's also had the better of conditions, not to mention Indian batsman play spin better than England batsman. I think everyone can see that Kumble is waining a bit, I don't remember him bowling quite so many bad balls in years past.

Last edited:
Pietersen made 158 against Australia 2 years ago, against a much better bowling attack & he didn't even bat a 2/3 of the day.

If Cook & Strauss got off to a good start today, I'd be tempted to bat Pietersen at 3. It'd be worth a shot.

i think luck most of the time was with india because if you see the key wickets you will realize why are england in such a position

oh dear, david lloyd on sky sports sais that it is a batting pitch with the sun because the pitch hasnt done anything yet.....bad news for indian fans.

I suppose... But anything can happen in cricket. Pietersen's proved he can dominate on a day 5 oval pitch & did you really expect South Africa to chase down 434 odd against Australia last year?

Just picture at the end of the day's play Pietersen down on one knee, clinching his fist to the dressing room, red steaming face; everyone in the ground rushing onto the field & Dravid walks off with his hands in his face.

Later that night on the news, shows hundreds of Indian Cricket Supporters running mad through the streets whilst surrounding a helpless goat that is being hung that has Rahul Dravid's name tagged on it. (I dunno, might do something else. That's just what they did to Damien Martyn after the Champs Trophy)

This begins an extended downfall in Indian Cricket after being eliminating in the Group Stages of the World Cup & then later on losing a series that they were pretty much guareented of winning after Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly & Kumble retire.

I suppose... But anything can happen in cricket. Pietersen's proved he can dominate on a day 5 oval pitch & did you really expect South Africa to chase down 434 odd against Australia last year?

Just picture at the end of the day's play Pietersen down on one knee, clinching his fist to the dressing room, red steaming face; everyone in the ground rushing onto the field & Dravid walks off with his hands in his face.

Later that night on the news, shows hundreds of Indian Cricket Supporters running mad through the streets whilst surrounding a helpless goat that is being hung that has Rahul Dravid's name tagged on it. (I dunno, might do something else. That's just what they did to Damien Martyn after the Champs Trophy)

This begins an extended downfall in Indian Cricket after being eliminating in the Group Stages of the World Cup & then later on losing a series that they were pretty much guareented of winning after Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly & Kumble retire.

[statetheobvious] why didn't dravid just make them follow on! aaargh! :mad, i wonder what he'll say at the match presentation, i better email him to pick up some notes....

everyone-hates-me-because-i-batted-too-slow-for-no-reason-whatsoever@the-oval

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
It's mighty unlikely that we'll do anything and I can see it just petering out into a draw. However, if by some miracle, we can get to tea with only one or two wickets down and over 300 on the board then perhaps we could test the Indian nerves a little and have a dart at it. They have to make sure they bat cautiously in the first two sessions. Still, I don't think that we will win it.

If England do get within winning distance of this match then the heavens will open such has been the trend for us this summer.

tendulkar will be india's biggest chance of picking up a wicket....

strauss and cook gone, strauss edged off rp singh to laxman at third slip and cook holed to laxman at squarish leg slip.

Last edited:
It will be a draw most likely now, thanks to Dravid's match-saving effort :rolleyes:

He wasted nearly half a session (90 balls == 15 overs) scoring what???? 12 runs!
Dravid has undone all the hard work of the Indian batsmen and the Indian bowlers in the first innings. Disgraceful...

Dravid's a major league FruitCake man.

This is the Second time he's given away a Test.

First time was when he decided to field at Wankhede Vs England.
Nobody bats last at Wankhede by Choice.

Users who are viewing this thread