India in England/Ireland/Scotland

Bucknor is fb. I sat behind his daughter at a test match and my mate got her number \o/

I hope the umpire's are as generous with decisions like this when it's England's turn to bowl. Usually, in close calls like Cook's and Prior's LBWs, the benefit goes to the batsman.

I hope the umpire's are as generous with decisions like this when it's England's turn to bowl. Usually, in close calls like Cook's and Prior's LBWs, the benefit goes to the batsman.
If history is anything to go by, Bucknor is more than generous when he umpires against India. :p

Sreesanth is on fire!

The bowler and the slips were going nuts too. And the Indian fans might have said "Dhoni did not appeal! He could have got the wicket for India! He is not a true Indian".

hehehehe
you're funny.

If the ball grassed before Dhoni took it, its not out. He was rightfully called back. Seeing the replays, I don't think anyone, except fools ofcourse, would call it out.

Down 7 now, its a good comeback by India

Like I said yesterday; On his day Sreesanth can rip you apart in a spell, but when it's not his day he'll go for runs.

I'm going to sit here very smug that Sreesanth has come through on my statement.

hehehehe
you're funny.

If the ball grassed before Dhoni took it, its not out. He was rightfully called back. Seeing the replays, I don't think anyone, except fools ofcourse, would call it out.

Down 7 now, its a good comeback by India
You mean 8? And Simon Taufel was temporarily a fool, by your definition. :D

Another poor LBW decision on Prior but he was really asking for it with such an abysmal shot. As for Chris Tremlett's batting... well what can I say?

Yeah, My only problem was that it didnt hit the gloves on his fingers, where you'd expect a catch that low to carry to, it bounced then hit him right by where the hand joins the wrist. So it should have been obvious to him. I'd have had no problem had he just said, look I'm not sure if I've taken it, refer it. But he went up like it was blatant.
I've looked at the replays a few times and going by the commentators' analysis, it seems like it wasn't necessarily that obvious to Dhoni.

Not really. There is swing and seam.
Well, obviously I mean about keeping their recent record at Lord's intact. There is no doubting that Sidebottom and Jimmy are going to rip India to pieces.

Last edited:
Its times like these you understand the wisdom behind selecting players of the ilk of Giles...

Bell will go on and propel us to a decent-ish score under the circumstances - 350-400 I reckon. Should put momentum in our favour.

Watching Tremlett's delivery again I just cannot understand how he has a First Class average of 19, it was just a simple defensive. I could have stopped it. But then again he is a whole foot taller than me...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread