India in England/Ireland/Scotland

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
This pitch isn't really slow, it's not quick by any means, it's easy pace, i've seen slow tracks, and this isn't one.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
india turning it on!, tendulkar and ganguly have got a 100 partnership and tendya's got his 50, woohoo, bring on 300!

india 106-0

chake de india!

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
If India don't get 300 at least ,it would be a crime, flat pitch and a short boundary.
I don't know about these lights you know.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
If India don't get 300 at least ,it would be a crime, flat pitch and a short boundary.
I don't know about these lights you know.

I don't think it would be a crime not to get 300. Small pitches can reduce the chance of beating the outfield which can mean periods of strangulation given the right bowling and the wrong placement.

Eddie

International Cricketer
India have played here twice before..

on both occaisions they made OVER 300, AND on BOTH occaisions Tendulkar made 100's..

flat pitch..small ground..run feast..

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
nice stats there Eddie, after the first ODI debacle, India getting into track. Another 300 and another 100 for tendulkar in sight.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
yes but remember, if this is what india can do on this small ground, imagine what englands batsmen can do on this pitch because they have got batting all the way down their order, 300 will definetley not be enough at this ground...

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
not really, yea, boundaries will come their way. 300 is always a good score, no matter what ground you're playing in.

I would say Chawla and Powar can be handy, though an error in length can see the ball into the stands.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
yes, ok ,

RP Singh is going to have to spearhead india's attack, agarkar will get hammered around with his crap pace in this ground and hopefully munaf patel can fire with form and pace

Eddie

International Cricketer
mascarenhas is way to slow for this pitch ..

his 10 overs will go for 80+ if they let him bowl out..

i can see India getting near 340-360 on this pitch

oh.. and tremlett is NOT a 1-day bowler..i think last weeks 1-day final showed that cos Durham destroyed him too

Last edited:

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
yes, ok ,

RP Singh is going to have to spearhead india's attack, agarkar will get hammered around with his crap pace in this ground and hopefully munaf patel can fire with form and pace

Its not good to write anyone off.

RP Singh was good last time, 40 odd runs of his 10 overs. He and MP will be important with the newer ball, i'd say Chawla and Powar are the keys.

Eddie

International Cricketer
LOl no hundred today..

maybe he's just not meant to get a century on this tour..

Last edited:

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I feel bad for him. The last 5 times he's reached 90s in international cricket he's not made a 100. At least on two of those occasions it wasn't his fault.

Users who are viewing this thread