India in West Indies, 2009

So India are a one man team then?

Actually a complete indian line up is a 4 man team : Sachin-Sehwag-Yuvraj-Raina. So Indian Team minus Sahin-Sehwag-Raina = 1Man Indian Team.

P.S: Yuvi would be feeling a bit how sachin would have felt during 90's when rest of Indian Team was Crap.

Dhoni must of played one hell of an innings though, to bad he didn't make it to his 100. What was the pitch like btw, many demons or just poor batting.

Dhoni must of played one hell of an innings though, to bad he didn't make it to his 100. What was the pitch like btw, many demons or just poor batting.

Did not saw the whole match but pitch was not that bad. Watched Rohit giving catching practice at slips. Also at one stage only UV was scoring runs. Even though Dhoni scored 95 but he was so defensive in his partnership with UV that UV had to attack on every ball. Result was he got out when he could have batted in normal style and opened up in late overs. Dhoni was 8 from 30 odd balls if I remember.

Did not saw the whole match but pitch was not that bad. Watched Rohit giving catching practice at slips. Also at one stage only UV was scoring runs. Even though Dhoni scored 95 but he was so defensive in his partnership with UV that UV had to attack on every ball. Result was he got out when he could have batted in normal style and opened up in late overs. Dhoni was 8 from 30 odd balls if I remember.

So I see Dhoni is still being bashed even though he made 95 :p

With the start India made I don't see what's so bad about being on eight of 30 balls. RP Singh made 20 odd of 75 balls, if a batsmen had of batted out those balls India would have made 215-220 atleast. You can't really blame Dhoni.

give chance to rahane or nayar whoever they've picked

So I see Dhoni is still being bashed even though he made 95 :p

With the start India made I don't see what's so bad about being on eight of 30 balls. RP Singh made 20 odd of 75 balls, if a batsmen had of batted out those balls India would have made 215-220 atleast. You can't really blame Dhoni.

1 game doesn't change anything. If Rohit Sharma slams 200 in next game he will not become the best batsman in India.

Dhoni needs to change his approach soon. Dhoni should have looked for singles instead of blocking everything. then he could have been 20 something instead of 8. Till the time RP Singh came to bat everything was lost.

Yeah I get what your saying, if he had gotten out for 10 facing 40 balls he would have looked fairly stupid. But Dhoni has still been very good over the last year in ODI cricket. Sure he might not score as quickly, but his average is very, very good. What India need to do is stick with a line-up and not change everything once a series.

The problem is Badri > Rohit and Nayar > Jadeja. So its flawed selection from start. The only thing good in selection is playing Karthick. But he too has habit of just jumping forward and playing loose cover drives.

Sharma will never be a good enough batsmen to open in ODI cricket. That's probaly why he has been so bad in international cricket. Has he ever had a settled posistion?

Sharma will be our number three in future but hes in no mind frame atm and not being certainty in lineup also does not help. If we had our full lineup Sharma would have to sit out. He has shown in Australia that he can handle pace and bounce. He can play short pitch stuff and even though he is getting out pulling or hooking he does not look ugly like most batsman (like Ganguly) who cant play short ball look.

You got to take into account that Raina's weakness against the short ball was exposed in the T20 world cup where he had no option but to go for big hits and fast scoring since it was a 20 over game. In a 50 over game, he has more time in his hands. He could avoid more of the short balls and he also might not need to go for too extravagant shots. So I would go by Raina's recent ODI form when talking about his 'short ball weakness'. His ODI form in recent times (as manee said) has been extraordinary. Same with Sehwag (he did brilliantly in NZ). But we got to live without these players (Sehwag might not come back even for the Champions trophy). We got to make the right selections and we can win the series without our mainstays
Raina has always struggled against the short ball, whether in 20-20, 50-50 or first class.

But he has an IMMENSE pull shot, he can just launch it out of the park. Can't blame him for backing his strengths and whats working for him.

Actually a complete indian line up is a 4 man team : Sachin-Sehwag-Yuvraj-Raina. So Indian Team minus Sahin-Sehwag-Raina = 1Man Indian Team.

P.S: Yuvi would be feeling a bit how sachin would have felt during 90's when rest of Indian Team was Crap.

You obviously know nothing and you've proven it yet again. Dhoni is the #1 batsman in the world. Are you so stupid?

Everyone knows how credible ICC rankings are:rolleyes::rolleyes: Yuvi has won more matches than any other player in Limited over cricket for india in past few years. Single handedly won the T20 match aginst England and semifinal against Aus in 2007 WC. whacked english tam again for two consecutive 100s in home series. then again played a blinder of innings in first ODI against WI.

Dhoni may be number 1 ODI batsman according to ICC rankings but that is largely due to his high number of notouts. His strike rate has decreased enormously in last 12 months. Every opposition fears Sehwag-Sachin Opening and Raina-Yuvi middle order rumble. Dhoni is the least of their priorities. I respect the man for his grittiness but saying Dhoni >> Sachin or Sehwag or Yuvraj is insane:eek:

I didn't know you were a part of the opposition team meetings. Dhoni is most obviously a threat to the opposition. The sooner you realize that and get over the meaningless T20WC loss, the better.

Going by your stupid theory, I'll eliminate all his not outs, including innings of 50*, 45*, 88*, 109*, 61* and 84*. So he's played 48 innings as captain and has scored 2044 runs. So by making those not out innings into innings in which he got out, he still averages 43. Still pretty damn good and I'm making a huge compromise by making his 'not out' innings into 'out' innings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread