India tour of Bangladesh

What exactly happened to him? I was watching when he was in the 60's but went for a shower, came back and he was gone.
Was it injury, cramp or fatigue?

Oh that explains a heap, sorry its not on TV here and i just checked out the score just then, should have checked the scorecard :p

I'm not getting it on TV either but on cricinfo i read that Karthick had cramps

Can't find anything on Cricinfo as to why he went off. Just a couple of pictures of him being carried off and wincing in pain.

So I'm guessing, either pretty bad cramp, or he's done a muscle in his leg, or his ankle.

I just started the 3D animation and found out that now Jaffer has retired hurt too. Thats the closest Bangladesh have come to sending the batsman back to the pavilion.

Something seems wrong with this match. Both the openers retired hurt, Dravid is hitting sixes.
This cant be possible.

Last edited:
Yeah i got off 3D Animation with the England West indies game cuz its not that important to me but i have the scorecards of both games up and i was just like, oh no dont tell me another Indian is injured. Thats a real shame, he was doing good!!

Yeah i also missed how they got injured... When i saw now, it was 0 wickets.. Dravid & Sachin playing.. I thought, it was channel's mistake.. Then only came to know that both got injured.

Just now, it was a beautiful outswinger from Mortaza to Sachin.. Loud appeal but not given.. It was lovely delivery though!

I hope that Karthick comes back tomorrow and gets his hunderd.
Dravid is looking good for a hundred too.

Last edited:
Checked on cricinfo and i will copy and paste what they said.

Karthik is having trouble wth his leg now. Cramps by the look of it. He's down on the ground and Gloster is getting him to do the necessary stretches. Dehydration is a big concern in such hot and humid conditons.

He looks in quite a bit of trouble and the umpires have decided to take tea around six minutes early because of this interruption.

Gloster is helping Karthik hobble off the ground. He'll get treated during the break for sure. I'll be back in 20 minutes for the final session.
Welcome back for the final session. Karthik has not emerged from the pavilion, so he's obviously retired hurt, and now Rahul Dravid has joined Jaffer. Shakib has one ball to bowl in the over.

and

Jaffer is in trouble now. He's down on his knees. It doesn't look like cramp or anything just plain fatigue and dehydration perhaps. The players are taking drinks again. And Jaffer has also decided to retire hurt. He's suffered a bout of nausea.

No one's injured, really, it's just cramps because of the extreme amount of humidity out there. I followed the game all day today and players from both teams have been suffering. Mortaza went out with an ankle tweak earlier in the day and came back, as well. If you look at the Bangla bowling line-up you will see 3 bowlers with incomplete overs, because they had to go off/were filling in after someone went off.

We have to drive home the advantage tomorrow. As LS was suggesting during commentary, India might not enforce the follow-on in the event that it is available, because it might be too strenuous for the bowlers to bowl 3-odd days in a row. I'm looking at Dravid scoring a ton and then both batsmen accelerating--with Karthik coming back and getting his ton.

No it does'nt.
The first wicket partnership is 175 runs.
The 326 will not classify as the first wicket partnership.

Users who are viewing this thread