India tour of Bangladesh

I think India should stick with Jaffer, things like this are going to happen and he's played well over the past year so he shouldn't be discarded, although I think he might be depending on how harsh the coaches are.

Jaffer hasnt done much recently except the century against SA on a flat track. And now Dravid has gone too.

Jaffer will get the sack now.He wont last till the England tour.Also,he has only played on flat tracks as you said.It is time,for Gambhir/Chopra to comeback in test cricket.

Jaffer will get the sack now.He wont last till the England tour.Also,he has only played on flat tracks as you said.It is time,for Gambhir/Chopra to comeback in test cricket.
I don't think he will get the sack. Or rather, I don't think he should. India have a long history of not standing by their openers. Jaffer has been making runs by the tons in domestic cricket as long as anyone and if he is not given an extended run in the team, it would just be another example of how the board and the country is impatient.

Chopra was a perfect complement to Sehwag but once Sehwag entered a rough patch, everyone pointed their finger at Sehwag and had him chopped. It's a similar situation here--with only one full-time opener selected in the squad, one bad game and Jaffer may get axed.

I hope not, everyone has bad games, not everyone as bad as him, but as the saying goes, spit happens. Hopefully Jaffer can continue to stay in the test team until a prolonged (5 games) run of bad form occurs which hopefully is not too far away.

Another thing, can somebody please give me the pace range of the three Indian pacers, especially VRV Singh.

Last edited:
I don't really understand the treatment of Gambhir. Who picks a 22 year old expecting any more than he gave? Nevertheless, he is a positive player, who I expect will fight back into the side.

Another thing, can somebody please give me the pace range of the three Indian pacers, especially VRV Singh.
All three bowl at around 85 MPH on average (around 140 kmph). RP Seemed to be the fastest from what I saw yesterday. VRV can get fast when he's in rhythm--probably maxing out to around 92 mph.

I don't really understand the treatment of Gambhir. Who picks a 22 year old expecting any more than he gave? Nevertheless, he is a positive player, who I expect will fight back into the side.
I can't say I agree with the selection policy this tour, or the separation into OD/FC players for the youngsters. For example, Piyush Chawla is obviously going to be in both the outfits in the future, so there's no point sending him back if he could stay and pick up some tips from watching his idols play (esp. Anil Kumble) and even fill in on the field if required. The older players like Laxman and Jaffer I understand, but sending the Gambhirs and Chawla's back seems a tad idiotic.

Last edited:
Shahadat Hossain was quoted saying that Mashrafe Mortaza was the best batsmen in the team

Sehwag would be pleased with Jaffer's 'efforts' in this match... :rolleyes:

Shahadat Hossain was quoted saying that Mashrafe Mortaza was the best batsmen in the team

Definitely, Mashrafe seems to develope as an promising allrounder. :)

Sagacious said:
Sehwag would be pleased with Jaffer's 'efforts' in this match...

lol...Its not induvidual's fight that one wants other to perform poor to get into the team... Its our team game... The whole team wud have been upset for Jaffer's 0 in both the innings. That too, in second innings, it was a poor shot to be dismissed. Dravid's dismissal was unfortunate one though... splendid catch.

Anyways, i can see only a draw from here.

This is definately going to be a draw. Without Kumble our bowling department doesnt have much to speak of. How could they let slip the opportunity to enforce the follow on.
Infact if Mortaza comes on to bat next Bangladesh might even win this match. The only positives from this match were the centuries by Sourav and Sachin.

I think Bashar really needs to go for Bangladesh. If not from the team, at least as captain. He does not lead from example and has a defensive mindset. He's not been in form in ages and he simply isn't a good captain. I think the Bangladeshis had a great chance to pressure the Indians today (I though Dravid declared a bit early) and even after a great start, Bashar and Omar slowed down the runs completely.

It's unexplainable. Even in the 2nd ODI, with a high required run rate, Bashar sat around defending the bowlers and scoring at a slow rate. I really think Bangladesh cricket would prosper if they got rid of him.

Can't really blame India in this one--the weather interfered too much to make this a competitive game. Kudos to Dravid for making a bold declaration though!

i think bangla should kick bashar out in both ODI and TEST and make Ashraful or Mortaza captaion in ODI and tests...also bring that young left handed batsman in for Bashar in tests and S. Nafees open with Tamin...Javad can bat at 3

Users who are viewing this thread