India tour of Bangladesh

True true. I rated Munaf very highly when he first came into international cricket, he has a very good and repeatable action and has some pace and reverse swing to go with that. Now though, he just seems to be lazy and really needs something said to him to get bowling back at the 140's. Unless it is an injury that he has been bowling with, but I doubt that as surly he would not play if he had an injury....

Do you think too much cricket has something to do with that? I was listening to an interview with Michael Holding, and he said that at the current level of international cricket, fast bowling wouldn't really succeed too well. Shane Bond, Brett Lee, Simon Jones, and Shoaib Akhtar all have a mixed bag of injuries, but they do better than all their Indian counterparts (Nehra, and now Patel...) maybe we need to give our fast bowlers more rest and save them for the really big matches?

I tend to agree with that.
Just look at the mad-amount of cricket that Team India will be playing.They are infact playing for nothing.The interest levels in the game have dropped alarmingy and to such an extent,that the Board is not getting companies to sponsor an India-Pakistan ODI series.

295/3 at the end of the day . Good performance by Sachin and Saurav . They will be looking to get their centuries tomorrow morning have reaching their 80's

India must look to reach 400 as a collapse from here is both likely and probable.

Even though its only Bangladesh, more than decent job done by India. Had they played the full 90 overs, they could have reached 350+. Good one from Sachin and Saurav. Now I am gonna watch the second day to hopefully see if they get their hundreds. I have been deprived of hundreds from these two, and it would be great to see them score hundreds at the same time.

India needs to score 450+ by tea tomorrow and have Bangladesh bat for an hour in the final session tomorrow. 500 would be ideal to bat them out of the game. I seriously hope Sachin and Saurav get their hundreds, no matter who the opposition is. Would give them some confidence after the World Cup debacle.

What were they thinking scheduling this series bang in the middle of monsoon?

When has been the scheduling job right? We have noticed many matches scheduled like that in India too.. Best example is scheduling in Chennai stadium where many matches have got affected.

It always happens, doesn't it? games being scheduled in Chennai or Guwahati or in places prone to rain in certain time-frames.

I hope there's play, sometime.

It always happens, doesn't it? games being scheduled in Chennai or Guwahati or in places prone to rain in certain time-frames.

Great... same thoughts posted at same time :cool: I was eagerly waiting for the massive tons :) Lets hope the play get started soon!

And also during the World Cups !
Show me one world cup wherein the rains gavent palyed spoilsport :mad:

I have a little feeling that this match will be a draw. I think India have actually batted pretty poorly and could have been much more dominant over the bowling.

I think India have actually batted pretty poorly and could have been much more dominant over the bowling.

I dont think it as poor.. It was the game plan.. Go quickly to reach 450 and declare as more time have been lost. The way Sachin and Sourav got dismissed looked the same.. i.e in hurry burry :p And also batting of Dhoni makes the plan obvious.

So India doing and going good accoring to the plan they have in mind is what i feel.. Well done Sachin!! Well done Sourav!!! A great ton... :hpraise Not becos the opponents are Bangladesh... But its too too difficult to come and bat with so many critics hammering your head! Ian Chpl will be saying soon, " Mirror mirror say me... why i speak loads of rubbish often! " :p

Ian Chappell didnt speak rubbish,infact he was talking sense.Well,everyone's viewpoint is different.India should declare at 400 tomorrow,else we'll be batting till we reach 500 and Dhoni reaches his century.
400 is a mighty task for the Banglas.

I dont trust our bowlers to get Bangladesh out cheaply. I think we should get near 550 so that we have to bat only once.

Users who are viewing this thread