India tour of Bangladesh

If it rains tomorrow again,the match will be heading towards a draw-something for the Banglas to cheer about.

Good to see Sachin and Sourav both hit tons.
Way to shut those haters up.

And also during the World Cups !
Show me one world cup wherein the rains gavent palyed spoilsport :mad:
actually this WC it was in the height of the dry season. at least in trinidad.

Last edited:
I don't see the logic in playing cricket in a place that is officially the wettest on earth!

there is another shame for icc they know this is moonsoon season in bangladesh they have to check for next time when they announce tour.

Chittagong has more rainfall in milimetres per year than anywhere else in the world. So why, did the ICC decide to host cricket there, a sport that so heavily relies on dry weather?

Ian Chappell didnt speak rubbish,infact he was talking sense.Well,everyone's viewpoint is different.India should declare at 400 tomorrow,else we'll be batting till we reach 500 and Dhoni reaches his century. 400 is a mighty task for the Banglas.

My viewpoint is that Ian Chappell spoke rubbish!

Well done Sachin!! Well done Sourav!!! A great ton... :hpraise Not becos the opponents are Bangladesh... But its too too difficult to come and bat with so many critics hammering your head!

Completely agree! Even though the opponents might not be great, the pressure both had (esp. Sachin) after the World Cup debacle, and the urgent need for them to score immediately makes these two innings all the more important.

Last edited:
I hope we can get them out early to enforce the follow on. If it rains again then we most probably wont get a result out of the match. Our best bet would be to make them follow on and then get them out cheaply in the 2nd innings too.

skateboarder said:
Unless, it's changed since 2004.
Chittagong was never the wettest place on the earth.

Jaffer hasnt done much recently except the century against SA on a flat track. And now Dravid has gone too.

I was waiting for a follow-on.... and switched off the TV in the end. We really missed Kumble in those situations. If it wud have been a follow on, definitely, we shd have looked for a win inspite of weather spoiling the game.

Anyways, lets see where the game goes on from here. It depends on this pair, Sourav and Dhoni now. I am still not impressed with RP singh inspite of finishing with 3 wickets. Few deliveries especially those which were bowled to Mortaza and 10th batsmen was crap. Pitched short and nice width.... If these are going to be bowled in Australia... it will be going out of the stadium!

Completely agree! Even though the opponents might not be great, the pressure both had (esp. Sachin) after the World Cup debacle, and the urgent need for them to score immediately makes these two innings all the more important.

well, some people (actually many people) think that they are no more needed to the team... They hate this senior player concept and wanted youngsters only which make no sense in my opinion. SriLankan team still depends a lot on Sanath-Vaas-Murali to win the match who are all seniors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread