India tour of Bangladesh

Well, he doesn't play ODIs.

If Sachin and Saurav can still be called "minnow bashers" even though they have notched up hundreds, Jaffer has fallen worser than nobody else, by falling for a pair of ducks in both innings on a flat pitch against a side thats still like a minnow in test cricket!

This test match was a waste, but for the fans seeing their idols Sachin and Saurav adding another ton to their statistics. I think Dhoni should be dropped for the next game, and Yuvraj should come in. More agility and an almost equally good batsman as Laxman. If Kumble is fit for the next game, I would drop Powar and pick Rajesh Pawar. Powar didnt make an impact this game, and he has dropped quite a few catches this game. Rajesh Pawar can be tried for the next one. Since we dont have a backup opener, Jaffer will continue but if he doesnt make a big one in the next test, he will and should be in line for a firing from the squad.

After Chopra-Sehwag, we have no good opening pair. I feel Gambhir should be brought back in place of Jaffer for the England tour.

Last edited:
If Jaffer doesnt deliver the goods in the next match, he will most probably be dropped. In recent times we have had at least one consistent opener in Sehwag, but due to his prolonged loss of form, the opening problem has got even bigger. How long will Karthick continue to open the innings.
Gambhir certainly deserves another chance if Jaffer continues to fail, which he has been doing consistently.

The cricket has been pretty sub-standard but then the conditions werent exactly helpful. I'm not a fan of Jafer but that innings against SA in the first test was good and i think they're basing his abilities on that. A pair against Bdesh isn't impressive. They need to go back to old school and put tendi and Gang as openers- see if they still have what it takes to be world beaters. A pair from either could be evidence that they should either improve in the domestic league while the rest play the minnows/lower teams or retire. Dravid has been consistent and he should stay as a number 3. Kartik is a good option to keep at 4 (and keeper) and let Yuvraj at 5. Man, india's fielding need to revamp badly. Its annoying. When they came to Australia in 2003, man that was awesome and its pretty much the same players too. A fall from grace isn't too far from describing theit situation (from 2nd best to know 6th)...

^ Old-school with Tendulkar and Ganguly? I don't think Tendulkar and Ganguly ever regularly opened for India in test matches. And I don't think they should, either. Tendulkar and Ganguly are fine in the middle order where they can tackle the older ball and play the spinners.

i think bangla should kick bashar out in both ODI and TEST and make Ashraful or Mortaza captaion in ODI and tests...also bring that young left handed batsman in for Bashar in tests and S. Nafees open with Tamin...Javad can bat at 3

Let him play one more test and retire, he is indeed an 'asset' to Indian team :rolleyes:

Does it seem like they just keep running into the same wall whenever dealing with team selection? Some combination works for a while and then you run square into a brick wall.

After Chopra-Sehwag, we have no good opening pair. I feel Gambhir should be brought back in place of Jaffer for the England tour.
One bad match, everyone has them. At least give him one more match, the opening attack of Bangladesh are not 'minnow' by any standards and Jaffer just happened to play two poor shots.

Jaffer hasnt had just one bad match. And Bangladesh are one of the lesser teams. It's just that we arent up to the mark

Jaffer hasnt had just one bad match. And Bangladesh are one of the lesser teams. It's just that we arent up to the mark
Well considering that his last test was many months away, I don't think you can group his previous matches together as his current form. He made a bad judgment call off a good delivery in the first innings and it was pretty obvious in the second innings that India were forcing a declaration. Everyone got out to bad shots in the second innings.

I hope the Indian selectors don't take the same brainless route to drop Jaffer and pick up Gambhir, only to find themselves in a mess when Gambhir enters a rough patch somewhere down the road.

Replaces the ever-unimpressive VRV.

lol :D Have to see how this youngster starts in debut. Its a very good change to give chance to Sharma. Lets see.. :) And now, India is going in nice position. But i was suprised when they elected to field first though.

Sharma is getting a game? Thats awesome I really like this kid I hope he dominates

Openers going great guns, good to see Jaffers making a score.
Both guys basically sharing everything around from strike to runs scored to strike rates.
Could be a real big score with India having so many class batsmen to come.

Users who are viewing this thread