India tour of England 2018

Eric Freeman was the first player whose first scoring shot in test cricket was 6.Yesterday, Pant become first Indian player whose first scoring shot was 6, So far dozen player reached distinction of hiting six as FIRST SCORING shot including sunil Amris of wi.

Brilliant stuff from Kohli and Rahane, I don't know why some people are calling it a batting track just so these guys managed to get us past 300 especially since these two are our most skilled ones overseas. The pitch looked fairly green.

Some beautiful shots by them along with Dhawan and that six from Pant is a positive sign, I expect him to score a quickfire fifty today.
why kohli play that shot off rashid? 10 out of 10 times he never play such stroke so outside.SRT dismissed 28 times in the 90's in international, kohli now twice dismissed in the 90's.[test]

I predicts England can makes 450-485 first innings score.

Root is such a confusing player. Do you compare him to the elite players of past/present and highlight his shortcomings or do you compare him to your usual above-average player and be happy about his level? If it's the former, his captaincy leaves a lot to be desired. He seems exceedingly prone to misjudgements of the playing surface, both home and away. A top captain should never make a mistake like this at home, especially with the momentum on his side. Now there's a real chance they've relinquished at least a part of the momentum they gained over the past 2 matches. He's still young and has time on his side but I get the feeling he's being left behind by the other 3 members of the "big 4", both as a batsman and as a player.

why kohli play that shot off rashid? 10 out of 10 times he never play such stroke so outside.SRT dismissed 28 times in the 90's in international, kohli now twice dismissed in the 90's.[test]

I predicts England can makes 450-485 first innings score.

Bumrah's inclusion in the XI is baffling. He is no Anderson to walk into the test side without hqving played a single competitive fixture in 3 months. Umesh's figures at Birmingham were 3/76 and he was the best bowler in the warmup game as well. Why would he suddenly go down on the pecking order below Bumrah who has played 3 tests and absolutely no cricket of late. Its not like he is someone with 100 test experience and 300 test wickets. Atrocious.

Not sure of the state of the pitch but I think England will be happy with that score. I doubt India will cross 350 given the fragility of the lower order.

Bumrah's inclusion seems like a favoured one. Poor Umesh.

I'm 50-50 on Vijay's exclusion. That guy was really out of sorts, but still not sure if the right decision was made.

DK definitely needed to play all 5 matches. No use picking him after an eternity only to drop him after 2 Tests.

Lol I had posted this in a wrong thread :p.

Repost: I don't know why people were saying it was a good pitch to bat when actually it wasn't. Ball was doing many things yesterday, despite Kohli and Rahane got those runs they didn't really look in great control because of the movement of the ball. Fine innings from both, nevertheless. Would be interesting to see now if Indian pundits would appreciate Kohli for putting in confidence in Rahane :lol because they're too critical about him when things are not going right. Although I've supported Kohli and his selections for a while I'd not back Pandya here. He clearly doesn't have a designated role in this team, his place feels like wasted. You don't want that when you're a national side. But we've always needed a pace all-rounder for these conditions (AUS/SAF/ENG), but Pandya is not that man. Even his FC records of home do not back him to be qualifying in this team. He is bowled like a part-timer since he is one while we actually need someone like Stokes, what our country has been crying out loud about for decades now. Pandya is no good bowler, neither a test batsman and definitely not a potential Kapil Dev. I know the management is trying to retrieve Kapil Dev's successor out of him, but that ain't happening. He's naturally an aggressive bloke; his skills and approach is not going to help us in unlimited overs format. He might as well end up being another Irfan Pathan. That being said, had we retained Vijay or DK in his place, it would have been of some use. I really hope Pandya fails in this match with the ball and gets benched for the next two. He has many many things yet to learn to be part of the test side.

Argh

Once again we will have to bat right after rain/drizzle. We have been very unlucky in this regard since the second game

I don't see pant and lower order being able to handle the damp conditions against Anderson and Co, that too against the new ball. Getting wrapped up below 350

Such a poor shot from Pant . After all the application and effort he put in yesterday, wastes it away like this

Good too see Ishant coming before the other two seamers

Such a poor shot from Pant . After all the application and effort he put in yesterday, wastes it away like this

Good too see Ishant coming before the other two seamers
Should be given at least next two tests minimum. Kohli should show some faith in him, that will improve his performances.

Pant played well for a debutant.
It drizzled and pitch became dangerous
As I said it Ashwin down.[DOUBLEPOST=1534676637][/DOUBLEPOST]335 looking difficult now
But rain may help our seamers

Definitely would back Pant, confident and can go for the runs when the delivery comes.. Yeah swung big for Ashwin there..350 maybe..

And I love Shami as a batsman, reminds me of the street cricket batting at International level..

And that ends it..

We have great chance to bundle them up with the swing because of the weather..

Last edited:
Lol we could not reach 330 ,but I think our bowlers barring bumrah purposely did it to save energy for England's innings.
Pitch is looking good for seamers.

Bhuvi is our most missed bowler in these conditions. Would have been an absolute delight to watch him swing the ball in conditions which are ideally suited for a bowlers like him and Mohammed Shami way too inconsistent at this level IMO needs to find his line / Rythm or whatever right without giving too many loose deliveries.

Poor start with the ball too many inconsistent deliveries in the first 2 overs itself and they want to do well overseas....:facepalm

Poor start with the ball too many inconsistent deliveries in the first 2 overs itself and they want to do well overseas....:facepalm
It would take an over or two to settle with the line and rhythm ,some take more than others..

Users who are viewing this thread