India's Tour Of Sri Lanka Jul-Aug 2012

jacobfelix

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kholi is certainly a legend in the making, hopefully he can carry on in the test arena.

Kholi>Sachin!

Here's your assignment :D...Take a sheet of paper.....Write in Kohli.....Kohli....Kohli.....Kohli....Kohli....100 times ;).....and hopefully you can carry on in the spelling arena from hereon..... :p

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Lots and lots of people 'demanding' Sachin to retire now that they have a new golden boy, use and throw I guess.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I saw this meme the other day where Sachin and Arjun are holding the World cup with Sachin saying 'told ya I'd make it'.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Its not about India only, cricket is not confide there only get out of your state. Its good for cricket that Kholi is batting so well, and yes he is far better than Sachin ever was, hell Sachin is highly overrated!

Your definition (and most people's definition of overrated Indian players) stems from our public's hyper crazy respect that we dole out to cricketers and our media's reaction. The fact is that Sachin has not only be respected big in India, but he has been a hugely respected figure in other countries and by other country fans and players too. Yes, he is overrated in India, but by that yardstick, you will be hard pressed to find one player in India who was hugely rated and who was worth that hype.

Kohli is not yet better than Sachin. You should have been part of that decade when Sachin ruled international cricket. Kohli is nowhere there. He can get there, but he hasn't.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I don't think Sachin should be dropped because Kohli has stepped up. I do however think he should retire from limited overs cricket. At the moment, he continuously puts forth a selection conundrum that we can do without. Sehwag and Gambhir cannot settle as an opening pair and it causes insecurity among the younger players because they are drafted in and out of the team. It is not fair on the rest of the team for him to be able to cherry pick series' as warm up for test matches (even if he has earned that privilege) and cause such uncertainty. If he is for sure 100% going to play in the 2015WC then he should continue, otherwise, he should step aside and let India prepare for the next World Cup properly, rather than with needless disturbances.

S

Satan666

Your definition (and most people's definition of overrated Indian players) stems from our public's hyper crazy respect that we dole out to cricketers and our media's reaction. The fact is that Sachin has not only be respected big in India, but he has been a hugely respected figure in other countries and by other country fans and players too. Yes, he is overrated in India, but by that yardstick, you will be hard pressed to find one player in India who was hugely rated and who was worth that hype.

Kohli is not yet better than Sachin. You should have been part of that decade when Sachin ruled international cricket. Kohli is nowhere there. He can get there, but he hasn't.

What decade? ROFL! You Indian crazed fanatics! Sachin may have ruled a decade of your life but not world cricket, Lara was a far better player, Ponting who is still playing is much better than Sachin, even at his best both Lara and Ponting outperformed him, he maybe the ultimate flat bully tracker who now plays when he wants to. Its time to let him go............

----------

Here's your assignment :D...Take a sheet of paper.....Write in Kohli.....Kohli....Kohli.....Kohli....Kohli....100 times ;).....and hopefully you can carry on in the spelling arena from hereon..... :p

Kholi, Kholi, and Kholi, stuff it!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What decade? ROFL! You Indian crazed fanatics! Sachin may have ruled a decade of your life but not world cricket, Lara was a far better player, Ponting who is still playing is much better than Sachin, even at his best both Lara and Ponting outperformed him, he maybe the ultimate flat bully tracker who now plays when he wants to. Its time to let him go............

----------

Kholi, Kholi, and Kholi, stuff it!

Bull crap nonsense... Lara and Ponting were never better players than Sachin. Don't bring out the "match winning" thing again. Its been done and dusted for long now. Sachin is a better player than both Lara and Ponting. Lara and even Ponting didn't get the kind of farewell and respect that Sachin got in his last two series in Australia (the Aussie public keeps giving him the farewells and he keeps playing on in Australia:D).

And tell me one Kohli innings in recent times that came in a tough track. All of Kohli's centuries in recent times have been on excellent batting surfaces (including that test hundred he got in Australia at Adelaide on a flat batting track). He has been bulling Sri Lanka badly in recent times (at Hobart, now this series, etc).

If we are Indian crazed fanatic, you seem to enjoy the fanaticism of hating India and its players. You seem to make fun of them at every moment you can (saying your fav national team is 'India' won't fool people around here). I have a doubt yours is a fake profile of a certain someone here from this forum who always talks like a crackpot.

Last edited:

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I dont care what he says, he is on this forum just to criticize India. I just love it when someone does because it just shows how insecure they are ;) I will be more then happy if you take a dig at me :D.

We Indian Cricket Team fans are always ready.(Enought said)

S

Satan666

Dont be personal here, please post within the confines of the forum I have never insalted you. I have always talk good about players like Gautam, Kholi hell even Sehwag sometimes, the fact of the matter is that Sachin is way past his used by date the guy is old, I agree he has done alot for cricket as a whole but its time for him to go, when last has he had a top 10 ranking in test cricket/ODI cricket?

You have your opinions and I have mines, so does everyone else, your opinion doesnt make it a fact that Sachin is better than any other player! The thread is not about comparing players.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Did any one start comparing? It was you ;)

Back on topic, India really need to go for a kill and win 4-1 as in past we have been lazy once we have won the series

----------

Oh btw, I have not insulted you :D

S

Satan666

I dont care what he says, he is on this forum just to criticize India. I just love it when someone does because it just shows how insecure they are ;) I will be more then happy if you take a dig at me :D.

We Indian Cricket Team fans are always ready.(Enought said)

Ready for what? Mate I am not here to fight with anyone, relax yourself its not a war. Why would I take a dig at you? Instead we can be friends, mkay.

I leave this here since we're going way off the topic.

International Coach
I second that. I hope what happened to Irfan, after an injury as a player and when he took a lot of advice from different people, doesn't happen to Virat. I remember watching a show talking about a black English cricketer (not being racist. Just want to see if anybody knows him as I can't recollect his name or his looks) who started of on a high and was even said to be considered as Botham's replacement but due to some reasons his form took a huge beating when the show was aired he was on the verge of being shown the door from his domestic side!

Chris Lewis.

Users who are viewing this thread