International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Is everyone using the new action cam for both batting and bowling?

If not is the regular view from ashes still available to use and if so is it the same as before?

Hi folks,

Anyway, have played the first 15 overs of powerplay (10 standard, and 5 bowling ones chosen by me)

SA 92/1 off 15 overs

Smith 63* (57)
Amla 23 (30) c Strauss b Broad
Kallis 4 (5)

Must say at this point, no hint of the annoying run out, or the batsmen going crazy. I bowled two no balls at Smith, and he enjoyed both by slashing 10 from the free hits!

There have been more ground shots to the boundary than ones over the top.

The lofted ones have tended to be when i pitched too short.

I will report back later with more news.

Good news. The beta patch improved the game a lot but I hardly ever saw AI try to score runs along the ground, it was always over the top. It is good to hear that they vary it up a bit and attack the short ball if it is there to be hit. Nice!

I decided to do a England v Pakistan test match last night, just to see if it was see if it was any different to the India v Pakistan test match which was being played in Karachi.

I picked Pakistan, difficulty on hard, played at Lords. Won the toss and put England into bat the toss and decided to bat.

My opening spell from Asif and Ameer was testing for Cook and Strauss, they played slowly and took very few chances, after 10 overs England 33/0. I then took of Ameer and bought on Gul, in his first over Cook edges a outswinger to second slip. Next in Trott, he and Strauss settle down into a solid partnership, putting away the bad bowl and not taking any risks, after 21 overs England were 65/1. I decide to bring on Kaneria, immediately he starts to cause the batsmen problems, in his third over he gets Trott, who kicks one down leg side which is well taken by Akmal. Next in is Pietersen, he picks up the run but again in a controlled manner. Just before lunch Kaneria picks up his second wicket, Trott doesn't pick the flipper and is clean bowled through the gate (that was very satisfying). England are 120/3 at Lunch (30 Overs).

After lunch Pietersen and Collingwood start to build a partnership, they have taken the score to 178/3 after 55 overs, they are playing in a realistic and controlled manner, if there are bad bowls then they take advantage (particularly KP), if not they are happy to nudge the bowl around and pick up singles. Bowling is a challenge but enjoyable, I have had a few LBW shouts and dropped one catch.

This is very promising, I have not come across any game breaking bug yet, they definitely have sorted out the offline problems of the previous game, I am yet to test batting, I wanted to test the bowling and particularly the AI because that was broken in the AC09.

At work but will try and play some more later tonight.

Hey great summary guys I won't be getting the game till next week at the earliest. I think these games are improving but evidently how good they become in the future depends on sales because higher sales = higher incentive to produce. Who knows if this game goes really well likely there will be competitors in the future (EA anyone?) and this would benefit the entire cricket gaming community

Back Again and i'll keep you posted on how my Test match against Australia is going.

Just to re-cap England are 73/3 after 25 overs, 106 runs behind aussies first innings score of 179 all out from 46.1 overs. :D

I decided to do a England v Pakistan test match last night, just to see if it was see if it was any different to the India v Pakistan test match which was being played in Karachi.

I picked Pakistan, difficulty on hard, played at Lords. Won the toss and put England into bat the toss and decided to bat.

My opening spell from Asif and Ameer was testing for Cook and Strauss, they played slowly and took very few chances, after 10 overs England 33/0. I then took of Ameer and bought on Gul, in his first over Cook edges a outswinger to second slip. Next in Trott, he and Strauss settle down into a solid partnership, putting away the bad bowl and not taking any risks, after 21 overs England were 65/1. I decide to bring on Kaneria, immediately he starts to cause the batsmen problems, in his third over he gets Trott, who kicks one down leg side which is well taken by Akmal. Next in is Pietersen, he picks up the run but again in a controlled manner. Just before lunch Kaneria picks up his second wicket, Trott doesn't pick the flipper and is clean bowled through the gate (that was very satisfying). England are 120/3 at Lunch (30 Overs).

After lunch Pietersen and Collingwood start to build a partnership, they have taken the score to 178/3 after 55 overs, they are playing in a realistic and controlled manner, if there are bad bowls then they take advantage (particularly KP), if not they are happy to nudge the bowl around and pick up singles. Bowling is a challenge but enjoyable, I have had a few LBW shouts and dropped one catch.

This is very promising, I have not come across any game breaking bug yet, they definitely have sorted out the offline problems of the previous game, I am yet to test batting, I wanted to test the bowling and particularly the AI because that was broken in the AC09.

At work but will try and play some more later tonight.

This is mouth watering stuff indeed mate. Reps for sharing so many things with us.

Sounds great, realistic scores, run rates and more lbw/bowled was what I was looking for. :)

Shame about the squads being awful :doh

Would anyone be willing to post up the England overalls?

Back Again and i'll keep you posted on how my Test match against Australia is going.

Just to re-cap England are 73/3 after 25 overs, 106 runs behind aussies first innings score of 179 all out from 46.1 overs. :D

Thanks for the updates. It will be interesting to see if anyone can get a test match going into a 3rd, 4th or even 5th day. Ashes 09 was very weak in that regard.

END OF DAY ONE

England 119/7 from 43 overs.

The AI bowling has been very good, they've swung it both ways and caused me loads of problems hence the poor total so far.

Siddle has the been the pick of the bowlers 3/17 off 11 overs.

Off to start day two...

That's hard for you, I played on Normal on Ashes but does Hard generally get you more realistic scores whilst bowling. Problem is, it may well do but I'll get bowled out for 100.

A guess that would be a typical England collapse! Must be a dodgey pitch, although Lords is normally a flat pitch (except the slope!)

END OF DAY ONE

England 119/7 from 43 overs.

The AI bowling has been very good, they've swung it both ways and caused me loads of problems hence the poor total so far.

Siddle has the been the pick of the bowlers 3/17 off 11 overs.

Off to start day two...

Day 1 only had 43 overs?

Users who are viewing this thread