International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Stats stats stats.... how does the stats tracking work within the game? Any first impressions?

i have just started a t20 super league and to be honest i have really not
seen any stat tracking. Yes you do get hawk eye and in game
stats but as a tournament stats there is nothing. May be its
just me missing something?

But guys this game is well worth having. I will play online only
friday onwards i really do not to be banned.

I am currently playing on hard mode t20 lost my 1st match by 8 runs. India scored 168/7 and i got out for 160. Superb cricket game. After long time
i am enjoying a cricket game.

No stupid runouts. I had one run out but that was genuine. Superb ai pacing. I love the new broadcast view while
bowling it does make you feel as if you are watching cricket. I am bit sad
about stat tracking. Trickstar and codies are in right track, more licences
and stats would make this game a huge.
Ipl superleague is superb as well.

Few key point before i sum up:

1 AI pacing is really good well done to all the pc guys for that.
2 quite a few ground shots as well lofted shots as well.
3 AI still pull and hooks the full length deliveries. Thst really annoys me :(
4 bounce to full length is still quite high but good length is fixed and works very well.
5 there definately more edges and they carry :)
6 more lbw's and bowled the AC09 and it is satifying.
7 AI can collapses while chasing big runs i.e i was playing on normal mode t20 and i scored 234 i managed to get australia out for 101 runs becuase they were trying to smack me around. But on hard mode i have not
won any matches till yet with the hud on minimum i am still finding hard to time ball.
8 The action is what realy makes this game i am
lovin it :D
9 power stick is another great feature and work really well with action cam. Cant wait to play it online.
10 new bowling system works really well and it is
more enjoyable than AC09.

I thought I'd post some quick impressions from the 90 minutes I got to play last night.

Played a 20-20 game on 'hard' last night, as England vs Australia...they won the toss, and batted on a sunny Lords afternoon. I thought I had things reasonably under control for the first 10 overs (they were 90/2 after Warner was clean bowled by Jimmy & then Swan had Clark caught at mid-off) but they upped the rate over the next 5 overs, finding gaps, then with 8 wickets still in hand they hit 80-odd off the last 5 to end on 231/2 off their 20 overs. Bresnan was targeted, going for 16 per over from the 3 he bowled.

I mixed things up & created a few chances but I dropped 2 catches (one quick edge to keeper which was very tough, one slog that I could've caught) at crucial times and bowled Watson (inside edge onto middle) off a no ball. I actually bowled 14 additional no balls in total (still getting used to it!) and they really took advantage of the free-hits!

Despite getting hammered, at no point did I feel things were unrealistic. No run out bug, the AI took calculated risks, sensible pacing of the innings, and remember I had 2 chances to break partnerships but dropped them, and I feel if had taken them it could've restricted them to under 200. But hey, that's cricket!!! (:))

I have noticed something that MIGHT be a bug, as it happened twice. Warner drove the ball hard down the ground but it hit the bowler on the leg, who then froze as the batsman ran. Another fielder had to run round to gather the ball. Then, the same happened a few overs later when a batsman smacked the ball into a close fielder who stopped moving and the ball rolled a few yards away, they were able to run a single as another fielder ran round to the ball. It could be deliberate as the ball was hit VERY hard on both occasions, and it could be that the fielder is meant to be "dazed"? Who knows, but if it is a bug I'm confident if others see it then this time we will get a patch.

Despite the above I've loved the game so far, improvements all over the place, and I haven't even batted yet! I'll be replying to the Aussies tonight after work, but think chasing that total will be pretty impossible considering it's on 'hard' and I've not used Action Cam before...maybe some tutorials will be in order before I start!

Would be awesome if someone could upload some gameplay videos. I know that donkos did, but there only 1 or 2 deliveries in each video, max.

UPDATE

Australia (AI) 1st innings 179 all out from 46.1 overs.
Ponting 35 (47)
Hussey 30 (59)
Katich 24 (60)

England (ME) 1st innings 224 all out from 69.4 overs.
Sidebottom 44 (59)
Cook 35 (79)
Anderson 32 (58)

Sidebottom and Anderson put together an important partnership which gives me a lead of 45 runs.
It's going to be very intresting to see how the AI bats in the second innings.

Game on...

Seems like you started to get the hang of it towards the end of your innings. Man I can't wait for this to arrive!

UPDATE

Australia (AI) 1st innings 179 all out from 46.1 overs.
Ponting 35 (47)
Hussey 30 (59)
Katich 24 (60)

England (ME) 1st innings 224 all out from 69.4 overs.
Sidebottom 44 (59)
Cook 35 (79)
Anderson 32 (58)

Sidebottom and Anderson put together an important partnership which gives me a lead of 45 runs.
It's going to be very intresting to see how the AI bats in the second innings.

Game on...

Anderson 32! Highest score?

My prediction: AUS 240
Target: 195

AI pacing in the game is spot on for me , playing on hard against the aussies they were 94/1 at lunch , bowling really is much harder go a tad of line and your punished, however keep a good line then throw in some mixed up delivery's and you have the batsmen in trouble playing and missing etc

graphics have been improved, sounds is a little better , not been able to play online as of yet

ok the bugs i have found so far is

when batting in the action cam you do not hear the umpire say no-ball
fielders are still very slow in the outfield, too easy to gets two's sometimes
AI running between the wickets , far too often they decide against a run when its there! sometimes they are as far as half way down the pitch before they decide to go back

agnew asks bumble a question sometimes he starts to answer but then goes quiet, nothing to do with the game action either its a bug

AI pacing in the game is spot on for me , playing on hard against the aussies they were 94/1 at lunch , bowling really is much harder go a tad of line and your punished, however keep a good line then throw in some mixed up delivery's and you have the batsmen in trouble playing and missing etc

graphics have been improved, sounds is a little better , not been able to play online as of yet

ok the bugs i have found so far is

when batting in the action cam you do not hear the umpire say no-ball
fielders are still very slow in the outfield, too easy to gets two's sometimes
AI running between the wickets , far too often they decide against a run when its there! sometimes they are as far as half way down the pitch before they decide to go back

agnew asks bumble a question sometimes he starts to answer but then goes quiet, nothing to do with the game action either its a bug

I like the prt where Bumble talks about ''Hookers'' ;)

The Jolly postman has delivered the golden parcel!

I will do my normal test match commentary for my first game and see what I get. Gives me something to do!

Looking forward to it!

Is it boring when you are unable to get a wicket?

I haven't played a game since RPIC2005, and that was just so annoying when I couldn't get a wicket. What's it like in this game?

Is it boring when you are unable to get a wicket?

I haven't played a game since RPIC2005, and that was just so annoying when I couldn't get a wicket. What's it like in this game?

Oh yeah of course it's a bit boring, but all you've to do is keep mixing it up and you will eventually get a wicket.

Australia (AI) 2nd Innings 18/0 off 8 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread