International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Sixteen teams? How many compete in the actual World Cup - I'm sure it's more than that. Has it got the accurate format now?

I don't know about the formats, but the world cup has always had 4 groups of 4 and the top 2 go through to super eights.

OK, down the years, there have been some real cricket game bugbears - how many of them has this game dealt with?

1. Want a wicket? Surround the batsman and roll out a spinner.
2. Want a wicket? Bowl the ball in such and such a spot - bowled every time.
3. Weather not changing session to session, or even day to day.

4. Conditions being the same at any given stadium - for example, (insert stadium here) always being dry and bouncy.

5. Fielders not diving enough to stop boundaries.
6. Commentary being rubbish, but I reckon that'll always be the case.

Edit: At least WC has the right number of teams then!

God, I wish there was a demo, then I could play it for myself on the newly HDMI'd PS3!

Wrong

Sometimes its 2 groups of 8

Hmmm...are you sure, why would it ''sometimes'' be a group of 8 and then a group of 4. I doubt that was something the icc would change year in year out.

Although, it will 100% be abused by the randoms since majority of the people who played AC09 were douchebags
Absolutely, I have a hunch that it might be one of the most annoying exploits used by randoms. It will be excellent if they could get a patch, maybe IC11

Nothing domestic, except an IPL kind-of-thing. Pretty much everything you could want international wise.

Cool - I'm not that interested in domestic stuff anyway. Nice if it was in there, so you could pick your own England squad though. :)

OK, down the years, there have been some real cricket game bugbears - how many of them has this game dealt with?

1. Want a wicket? Surround the batsman and roll out a spinner.
2. Want a wicket? Bowl the ball in such and such a spot - bowled every time.
3. Weather not changing session to session, or even day to day.

4. Conditions being the same at any given stadium - for example, (insert stadium here) always being dry and bouncy.

5. Fielders not diving enough to stop boundaries.
6. Commentary being rubbish, but I reckon that'll always be the case.

1. Depends how the AI play.
2. There is no wicket glitxh like you had with Spinners in AC09.
3. Haven't noticed the weather changing.
4. Have only played at Oval, Lord's and Cardiff, all have spun but not alot of bounce tho.
5. Fielders don't dive on the boundary edges but they do in the in-field, but like i said yesterday it's ''unecessary'' dive.
6. Commentary is ok, some old stuff mixed with some new stuff, Shane Warne should just F**k off though, he is mind numbing to listen too.

Cool - I'm not that interested in domestic stuff anyway. Nice if it was in there, so you could pick your own England squad though. :)

Ah, playing a long season with Kent in this game like in EA 04 would really be something: all the various comps, divisions, even injuries.....

Well time to sleep. I would love to say up more and read your posts but its early in Aus and I'm tired. Got to work tonight. PS one last question, when there is a lbw how are you getting them? Either with AI or person playing? Down the leg side is the most common in cricket.:hpraise

Last edited by a moderator:
WEll time to sleep, i would love to say up more and read your posts but its early in aus and im tired. Got to work tonight.ps one last question, when there is a lb how are you getting them, ai or person playing. Down the leg side is the most common in cricket.:hpraise

Haven't had a lb yet.

The Indians are in town and slowing the Wealey88 Juggernaut!

India (AI) v South Africa

Lunch Day 1

India 104-2

Slowish and hard to get a chance!

Harris with both wickets, bowling dravid with the arm ball, and sehwag slapped a full toss down mid offs throat!

Seamers have looked ineffective on a flat deck!

Well I managed to complete the tutorials tonight. Bugger me if the batting wasn't tricky. The action cam view does take a bit of getting used to but it is rather ace. Only complaint with them is they come with built in HUDs and you can't remove them. Other than that they are really fit for the task, if a little tough.

Set up a Test against the Aussies just to have a quick feel of it all in play. All HUDs off / Hard difficulty.

Woah! Harder than a quadratic equation. Lost Strauss fifth ball for a duck and it continued from there. Ended up England 54 all out after just 17.1 overs. However it really felt brilliant, never has a spanking felt so good ( well apart from the other night but that's another story ). I'm even prepared to have Dougie Bollinger take 3 of my wickets, wish he'd done a bit more of that when he was at Worcs. Being able to look around the field from the batsmans' viewpoint is a really nice touch imo, works really well. You really have to pay attention to the ball, simple timing will not do it as the AI will mix it up for you. I managed one boundary and you feel as if it's an achievement in itself.

Bowling, I only managed to squeeze in 8 overs as I was limited in time earlier. HUDless it is really quite difficult. You're never entirely sure where the ball is going to go, nor how well you're going to throw it down. Frustrating true, but it also feels great. Hard to describe but the " Use the force " aspect gives it something extra. I may change my mind when Aus get to 800 for 1 but after a brief play, loving it. Broad managed to take S Watson ( c Trott ) for 14 and I actually jumped up cheering.

The sound and graphics have been much improved, the " snick " from an edge has you holding your breath. The bowler steaming in and grunting all sounds ace. Another nice touch I liked is when your batsman takes a delivery to his body and the camera blurs for a second, minor detail but I like the attention paid to it.

I know this is a bit lacking in coherence but in short : Sexual chocolate. So far, so awesome. I may be eating my words with more time spent on it but at the moment I'm impressed. :clap:hpraise

End of day 1

S.A 306/5

After being 43/4 is very good

The game is the best cricket game out. One min im bowling well next im bowling awful :)

Just bowled out the Aussies for 126 at Lords (on Hard, minimum HUD)

And I suck! (I was 174 all out)

Broad 3/31
Onions 3/22
Swann 3/23
Anderson 1/50

Every time they got set they seemed to get out.

It could be a one off but I think the only real way to play tests long term is with HUD off

Users who are viewing this thread