International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Well i spoke too soon by the looks of it!

India after 40 overs: 157-2

Since going 52-2 it has been plane sailing with not even a sniff of a chance .

Sachin and Gambir have both moved onto unbeaten 50's and are looking set.

Only Harris appears to be giving them any real troubles. run rate is around 3.68 which is perfect.

Now i have bowled South Africa out for 195 and Aus for 213 and am doing nothing different hear.

Only thing that is different is that its sunny and on the very good oval deck.

Clearing up questions that frequently get asked

Leg Byes i dont think exist. I have taken a run after it hit me on the pads but im yet to see the AI do it. The only byes i have seen have been when i am bowling and i have fired one down the legside.

Just so people no, within the custom tournement section it is there where you can create you Test Series, choosen 2-5 tests and which 5 stadium you would like them to be played in. For example it has regions: South Africa/Zimbabwe. Sub Continent etc.

Run out are a thing of the past and pretty much were after the last patch anyway!

Yes i have had a catch at short leg and silly!

So far there are no bowling glitches. I have put the ball in all areas and have found no obvious weaknesses.

The AI scores 4's along the ground as well as over the top.

Something which i noticed when i had teams nearly all out is that Clarke for Aus and Boucher for SA would defend 5 balls in an over and then take a single on the 6th to keep the tailender off the strike! Possibly a coinsidence but looked very good!

Like Spitfire said you dont get a dive from the fielder on the boundary. Its odd as you never get the ball and fielder close. It either goes for four well away from him, or its always close enough to be cut off.

Again may be my imagination but when the conditions were cloudy before lunch or for the first 2 overs India slowly plodded to 42-2 but since lunch sun is out and have looked a lot more comfy!

Now my ps3 feels like a piece of molten rock so time to let it rest! Hopefully a few questions have been answered!

Oh last thing, If you bowl well enough some cracking LBW's and Bowled's are there to be had!!!

I think this game is a lot better than Ashes Cricket 2009, the graphics are better, the game play as been refined, all new camera angles, it's much, much better, but it still lacks something I find. It hasn't really got the "IT" factor that keeps you playing it so much. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, like I did last years, but their is nothing special about it.

The new third person camera angles are cool. I think the batting camera angle is really easy to get used to, where as the bowling on the other hand, is much harder to get used too. The angle is strange for a bowler, so to place the designated circle in the desired position is quite difficult at first.

I'm not really going to talk about Graphics for too long because it's not necessary. I just wanted too say that it is a massive improvement on last year. All the England and Australian faces are immaculate. I also find the texture of the grass a lot nicer too.

Game Modes are the only problems I find. You've got your International cups and stuff, but that's it. It's a shame EA are hogging the license, but can't be bothered to produce a game. I would have like to have seen a practice arena. As in like, indoor nets, To practice batting and bowling, and maybe a additional fielding practice.. maybe a slip cradle?

Online. Well, I've tried searching all day, and no one has the game it looks like. Although one dude I know has. So we had a game via Xbox Live. First impressions were very good. The gameplay was very smooth online and much better than Ashes Cricket 2009.

I honestly think this game is a lot better, but next year, I think it needs a bit more too it.

Also when batting it's still seems to be the case batting against the AI that you rarely need to defend (more so now you can nurdle and prod for singles). Without the HUD it's a challenge just staying in (for me!)

Glad to see a lot of the initial feedback has been positive. Playing with HUD-off is tricky isn't it :)

Again may be my imagination but when the conditions were cloudy before lunch or for the first 2 overs India slowly plodded to 42-2 but since lunch sun is out and have looked a lot more comfy!

Now my ps3 feels like a piece of molten rock so time to let it rest! Hopefully a few questions have been answered!

Oh last thing, If you bowl well enough some cracking LBW's and Bowled's are there to be had!!!

So the weather changes session to session now! Excellent! Not quite dynamic weather, but it's a step in the right direction if the weather changes occasionally during a day/match.

So the weather changes session to session now! Excellent! Not quite dynamic weather, but it's a step in the right direction if the weather changes occasionally during a day/match.

Not really. I did not had any dramatic weather change. Yes i have played in overcast conditions in one the test matches but than it stays similar not much changes during the day. But it surely effects your batting and AI batting as well.

Do you guys think codies can fix the online issue...like most people cannot connect to each other.Maybe some ports need to open because i have someone on my psn who has the game cannot connect to me but i can connect to him, so maybe if i contact codies on friday they can help out with ports, let's see what happenson friday.

i got the game today (earlier i know) courtesy of shopto.net, i have to say im underwhelmed.
Aside from the odd graphical improvement and the obvious fixes to the glitches to me its like playing ashes cricket 2009 and a 1/2.
Im so disappointed i may be on my own in this but, there doesnt seem to be much improved.
The players likeness are poor, if you see brett lee you will know what i mean, the fact there is no licence for the other teams aside from england and australia doesnt bother me but the fact is the game is no better than the last effort.
Ashes cricket was a solid foundation, but i personally dont think codemasters have built upon it, this is the game ashes should have been no better.
The batting is easy, the bowling is frustrating, the fielding is ok, this is not a next gen cricket game.
I thought ?24 was bargain but even that is not the case.
Im sorry if people think I am being harsh, but this is just ashes cricket 1.5

think the game is worth the money , no batting hud defo the way to go online, just the fielding that niggles me! was maybe a bit harsh earlier but they are so dam slow to the ball , which cost you runs even when bowling good balls, if most of you check i bet your doing more 2's than singles!

Aside from the odd graphical improvement and the obvious fixes to the glitches to me its like playing ashes cricket 2009 and a 1/2.
Im so disappointed i may be on my own in this but, there doesnt seem to be much improved.

The most general statement ever. Not one concrete argument against the game. How about you actually present some sprecific arguments as to why you feel that way besides making hackneyed statements. You could not have played more than 5-6 hours worth of the game. How you form such a final opinion is beyond me.

The players likeness are poor, if you see brett lee you will know what i mean, the fact there is no licence for the other teams aside from england and australia doesnt bother me but the fact is the game is no better than the last effort.

None of the hardcore cricket gamers on PC give a ████ about minute details like that.

Ashes cricket was a solid foundation, but i personally dont think codemasters have built upon it, this is the game ashes should have been no better.
The batting is easy, the bowling is frustrating, the fielding is ok,

Wow could you have provided more in depth analysis :sarcasm

this is not a next gen cricket game.

No cricket games can be compared to next gen games. To me you sound like a gamer and you are trying to compare this to other sports games you have played. Any cricket gamer knows that is unfair to do, since cricket is a niche market and does not have the luxury of a massive budget. The improvements and evolution of cricket games is slower than any other mainstream sport.

I thought ?24 was bargain but even that is not the case.
Im sorry if people think I am being harsh, but this is just ashes cricket 1.5

Sounds like you expect way too much for far too little.

may be my imagination

Nothing personal here weals but this is a problem I have with some of these reviews. Similar to the early response to Ashes last year there was a lot of quite descriptive explanations of what was happening without really being objective. If I do buy it it'll be on Firday but hopefully it'll have become clear with time/more people playing it whether it is a worthy purchase.

Nothing personal here weals but this is a problem I have with some of these reviews. Similar to the early response to Ashes last year there was a lot of quite descriptive explanations of what was happening without really being objective. If I do buy it it'll be on Firday but hopefully it'll have become clear with time/more people playing it whether it is a worthy purchase.

Want to hear some objective reviews?

Wait for MattW, dutchad, barmyarmy and most importantly CaptainOz's impressions of the game.

Try to derive a consensus from those = closest thing to an actual objective review on the core issues of cricket gameplay.

I hope it'll be apparent by Friday morning when I go into town, but I doubt a lot of those guys will have it by then/be suitably familiar with it...

Users who are viewing this thread