International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Correct, all boundaries have come from lofted shots, none along the ground at all.

Am worried now. So AI only scores boundaries off the lofted shots? Did AI do the same thing in shorter formats (odis & T20s) as well?

If you remember in AC09 the opening batsman played conservatively but the others slogged like there was no tommorow, I can confirm that there has been no slogging at all from any of the batsman coming in, yes ponting is scoring fairly quick but then again he is a good player.

That was fixed for the patch I swear

In my Twenty20 match earlier i remember only a few grounded boundaries, but most of them were lofted shots.

Only one of my wickets has gone to the slips, the others have mostly been miss timed cuts and drives.

I've just had Mr Hussey slog me for a six the B****ard!

Haha well dont fret the Aussies got rolled out at the Oval last time they were there!! :D

but in all seriousness whats the conditions like! im hoping they dont collapse, we need substantial test match scores!

Did anyone get any bowleds so far?

Mmm, little bit worrying. What about the wicckets you are getting. In the hype we are lead to believe that you would have more of a sense of working the wickets out. How does that compare with your experiences? Yeah, really early days I know but still....

That was without doubt the most annoying thing about the AI behaviour in AC09 - and they still haven't sorted it out? Hmm... I'll be holding fire on this one. No demo either: how are prospective customers going to try it out?

Anyone remember this?

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...st-56839.html?highlight=wishlist+for+Ashes+11

So, how much of that has made it into the new game? Not much, I'll bet.

Last edited:
Im starting to sense slight disappointment on the horizon.

I'm not dissapointed...and really you need to try the game before coming to an conclusion, that's all i can say i do not want to say too much about it.But you have to try it and see for your self maybe then you will have different opinions then others because without having a game already some are dissapointed..i mean come on! try it try it!! :D

maybe theres a reason for it being ?25 , more like a patch jus like gta dc,

UPDATE:

Australia 179 all out 46.1 overs.
Ponting 35 (47)
Hussey 30 (59)
Katich 24 (60)
Haddin 19 (29)

Well i'm pleased that i've bowled them out for a low score but in some ways dissapointed because it's almost as if they were giving their wickets away.

In Reply:

England 17/1 , 7 overs.
Cook 7* (12)
Pietersen 6* (7)
Strauss 4 (23)

What's the 'over the shoulder' view like - a gimmick, or does it actually bring something to the game?

What's the 'over the shoulder' view like - a gimmick, or does it actually bring something to the game?

I personally like it, it makes bowling enjoyable.

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Oh dear, and you were playing on hard?

Edit: How's the AI line and length?

Yeah i'm playing on hard.
The AI are bowling really well, mixing it up and i'm 20/2 off 9 overs.

Did you get a variety of wickets, or were they all slogged to the outfield? What are the physics like for bowled wickets?

Users who are viewing this thread