International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

UPDATE:

Australia 179 all out 46.1 overs.
Ponting 35 (47)
Hussey 30 (59)
Katich 24 (60)
Haddin 19 (29)

Well i'm pleased that i've bowled them out for a low score but in some ways dissapointed because it's almost as if they were giving their wickets away.

This is not what i was hoping for at all:doh

Did you get a variety of wickets, or were they all slogged to the outfield? What are the physics like for bowled wickets?

All wickets were catches except one of them in which was Hilfenhaus bowled.
None of the wickets were due to slogs, just miss timed grounded shots which flew to either the slips of close in fielders. There was only one or two slogs which went for 4 and 6.
The physics for the stumps are much better than AC09, they're exactly how they're in the trailers we've seen.

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

I'm just hoping it was a dodgy pitch which caused the low scores...

Well i'm struggling myself with the bat, almost edging a ball ever over. 24/2 , 11 overs.

UPDATE:

Australia 179 all out 46.1 overs.
Ponting 35 (47)
Hussey 30 (59)
Katich 24 (60)
Haddin 19 (29)

Well i'm pleased that i've bowled them out for a low score but in some ways dissapointed because it's almost as if they were giving their wickets away.

In Reply:

England 17/1 , 7 overs.
Cook 7* (12)
Pietersen 6* (7)
Strauss 4 (23)

Well already some positives, not a single batsman has a strike rate over 100, let alone 200.

46 over is not enough though, wish they would have batted at least the day and not just a session.

I'm just hoping it was a dodgy pitch which caused the low scores...

Indeed - what were the pitch conditions doing?

Just had a peep at a youtube vid, and I love the look of Action cam, as well as the ability to choose how hard to hit the shot - one of my ideas made it into the game - after a fashion. :D ;)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

Well already some positives, not a single batsman has a strike rate over 100, let alone 200.

46 over is not enough though, wish they would have batted at least the day and not just a session.

What - was that a test match? Great - we're back to pre-beta 1 Ashes Cricket 2009 batting then - why weren't the patches built upon??

Yeah same here, or maybe im just a master tactician. :D

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Indeed - what were the pitch conditions doing?

Just had a peep at a youtube vid, and I love the look of Action cam, as well as the ability to choose how hard to hit the shot - one of my ideas made it into the game - after a fashion. :D ;)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

What - was that a test match? Great - we're back to pre-beta 1 Ashes Cricket 2009 batting then - why weren't the patches built upon??

Yes i am playing a test on hard.

Grain of salt Steve, no point in forming any opinion until you give it a go yourself.

Also remember that no matter what the AI do, there is an entirely different game online.

hMarka added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Lol well since I remember smashing you in AC09.....

Can't wait to play online again buddy.

Has anyone played online yet? can anyone check what all the stats recorded online are and confirm how Mics are used on the ps3

Well graphics are amazing and the gameplay is much better than AC09 , whilst running between the wickets you can look back at your partner if he has made it safely and also you can look at the direction you are running at...you will know what i mean when you have the game. and this addition has never been introduced before in a game so thumbs up for that...also the action is just so damn good at first when i looked at weeks back i thought this might not be for me and i might use broadcast view, But no with action cam you will be on it right away as you will feel that it's you who makes the decision to run or not and to look around where the gaps are...rather than viewing the normal way which is no fun really, with action cam you can look around for spaces go for singles and when needed go for the big one it just feels so good when you use action cam.other than that i think the bowling speeds are realistic although some of them are faster than they are in the game, but atleast no one is like 100mph anymore lol except maybe Tait but even does not always go up to that mark. who i dunno if exists in the game or not...i am not good at reviews but this game is far different and superior to what AC09 was and the makers can build on from this for the future releases.

Enjoy the game and good luck!!:D

Superior to the console version of AC09, or the patched up and massively improved PC version? Not a PC v Console dig, just a serious question. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

SpitfiresKent added 1 Minutes and 4 Seconds later...

Yes i am playing a test on hard.

Sounds as though this one will need patches as well...

Grain of salt Steve, no point in forming any opinion until you give it a go yourself.

Also remember that no matter what the AI do, there is an entirely different game online.

True, but my experiences of online with AC09 amounted to constant yorkers, slogging and the cursor being moved at the very last second, which made it impossible to enjoy the game. And no test matches, of course - are they in this time round? If they are, and there are people who will agree to play the game properly, then if I get it, I'm most definitely in. I'll be found on the PS3, as 'GuitarStar7633' :)

I really wish there was a demo though - that would help my decision along...

hMarka added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Lol well since I remember smashing you in AC09.....

Can't wait to play online again buddy.

Has anyone played online yet? can anyone check what all the stats recorded online are and confirm how Mics are used on the ps3

Lol yeah well this game is very different, edges flying through to the slips, realistic bowling speeds, i will have improved vastly.
Haven't checked the online yet to be honest.

What field was you using mate? did you have that annoying close fielder in on the drive!? The Ai seem to love driving it to him!?

I just remember certain fields stuffing the AI!... Again conditions may be a factor!

Superior to the console version of AC09, or the patched up and massively improved PC version? Not a PC v Console dig, just a serious question. :)

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Sounds as though this one will need patches as well...

True, but my experiences of online with AC09 amounted to constant yorkers, slogging and the cursor being moved at the very last second, which made it impossible to enjoy the game. And no test matches, of course - are they in this time round? If they are, and there are people who will agree to play the game properly, then if I get it, I'm most definitely in. I'll be found on the PS3, as 'GuitarStar7633' :)

I really wish there was a demo though - that would help my decision along...

Can add me up for some fair play! :D

wealey I believe you are talking about short cover.

Online, majority of unfair players would have a short cover and a short extra cover and just bowl full outside off in AC09.

I hope to god that has changed

What field was you using mate? did you have that annoying close fielder in on the drive!? The Ai seem to love driving it to him!?

I just remember certain fields stuffing the AI!... Again conditions may be a factor!

I'm not bowling anymore but yes i was using that ''annoying close fielder''. think i got 4-3 wickets via him. :D

wealey I believe you are talking about short cover.

He was almost closer than short cover!....sometimes i wonder, if all the wickets had come from catches maybe the bowling is poor.

That may not make sence, but i remember in the last game you could bowl poo balls and the AI would slap a catch to you.

No Lbw's or bowled, maybe a lack of bowling experience in the game?!

It makes sence in my head lol!!

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

hat ''annoying close fielder''

Haha im pleased you said that mate! He is every sides secret weapon for some reason! If your not fussed see how they do without him there second innings.

Obv i no you should not compensate for bad things in a game, but for some reason in both games short cover is like a ball magnet!!

Not to mention he takes blinders of "perfectly timed" ground shots

Users who are viewing this thread