International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Hows it play? Considering getting it. I should be saving money towards my iPhone 4 fund, but a new cricket game is always so tempting. I'd talked myself out of getting it, seeing as it looked like a slightly upgraded version of AC09, but now that it's released I'm quite tempted. What's the difficulty like? Still piss easy to make huge scores and bowl sides out in LO's games?

Well by guys in the thread we have had an AI declaration and a draw so... things are looking good. :D

Got my mum on the case of going to buy it in town, should have the game in a few hours. :banana2

Without any aids, such as seeing where the ball will land (this is off 2 overs experience on easy) it seems to be perfect!

My iPhone 4 fund is complete, but Apple aren't for sending me one next week :( Middle of July now. But ahh well, least they can iron out any problems in that time.

Fair enough, may have to pop to Asda to get it this afternoon :)

Bloody hell, is the delay lasting until the middle of July already? When did you pre-order? Did you have to pay up-front, or is it like a typical pre-order where you pay when it's shipped? May have to order one now if you don't have to pay up-front.

Fair enough, may have to pop to Asda to get it this afternoon :)

Bloody hell, is the delay lasting until the middle of July already? When did you pre-order? Did you have to pay up-front, or is it like a typical pre-order where you pay when it's shipped? May have to order one now if you don't have to pay up-front.

Nope, you either pay ?499 now, or ?599 depending on model. I've not pre-ordered yet, seeing what happens with PAYG, seeing as none of the carriers in the UK are having them on release. Plus, I want the White one, and there is a delay.

Dan, get the game! I'm into the 15th over bowling, and I'm not insanely bored!

Oh right fair enough. Just tried to pre-order and you do need to pay up-front which is annoying. Will just have to pre-order as soon as I've got the cash. Shouldn't be waiting too long, probably have the money by the end of the month. Really looking forward to getting one. Already sold my HTC Legend which stumped up half the cash and I'm using a ?10 LG GB102 atm, not quite as high-tech as the iPhone or HTC :laugh

I think I'm going to mate, if I can get to Asda this afternoon anyway.

Oh right fair enough. Just tried to pre-order and you do need to pay up-front which is annoying. Will just have to pre-order as soon as I've got the cash. Shouldn't be waiting too long, probably have the money by the end of the month. Really looking forward to getting one. Already sold my HTC Legend which stumped up half the cash and I'm using a ?10 LG GB102 atm, not quite as high-tech as the iPhone or HTC :laugh

I think I'm going to mate, if I can get to Asda this afternoon anyway.

Very nice!

We can talk face to face in a month :p

In love with this game!!!!

The Brit Oval - England v Bermuda

16.1 58/4 Broad comes steaming in, bowls a straight delivery, 90MPH, on offstump, batsman shoulders arms, offstump goes walkies!

16.3 58/5 Broad steams in, 89MPH, bowls and outswinger, batsman edges through keeper and first slip.

The edge was actually beautiful to watch! I hope this optimism lasts!

I tried a co-op with my 8 year old son last night. You get no actioncam, just the usual broadcast cam. It may just be me but after a few nights of actioncam, hud off etc I couldn't play it, it just seemed so odd and wrong. After years of that view to have it feel off after a few nights says a lot in my book, Trickstar have really impressed me with this. Actioncam just feels so right. Class.

No! but it does take 2 mins lol!

Fair enough. Thanks for the answer. I knew they didn't like the idea of people quickly making up killer fields online, but they could've allowed saved offline ones.

Still, the more I hear about this game the more I like in most respects.

In love with this game!!!!

The Brit Oval - England v Bermuda

16.1 58/4 Broad comes steaming in, bowls a straight delivery, 90MPH, on offstump, batsman shoulders arms, offstump goes walkies!

16.3 58/5 Broad steams in, 89MPH, bowls and outswinger, batsman edges through keeper and first slip.

The edge was actually beautiful to watch! I hope this optimism lasts!

Nice! I will be following your opinion closely as I think you have a good balanced opinion on these games. (Do you want to go out with me sometime?!:p)

Very nice!

We can talk face to face in a month :p

:laugh Indeed. Can be organising our thousands of apps into folders, record some HD video, test out iAds, read a book before having a face to face conversation. Can only dream of doing any of those things on this LG GB102. The LG does have Sudoku though, so it's not all bad.

Definitely want to give the game a go now. Interesting that one of the Bermuda batsmen left a straight one. They been watching Craig Kieswetter and Michael Clarke?

Yep, I can accept that. Baseball fans are obsessed with stats. Mainly because the substance of the game is almost non-existent.

OK, fair enough. I accept that this is also your opinion, yet your comment about non-existent substance pertaining to baseball strongly suggests you know little, if anything, about the game. But that's OK, you don't have to learn baseball, or like it.

Although stats is fundamental to baseball, that's not the sole reason I love it. There are many other reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread