International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

this game release for PC or not

PC as in Pathetic Contributions? No I am afraid not! If you were to take a bit of trouble reading the forum you will come up with many insightful bits of information. Cheers.

dutchad added 4 Minutes and 36 Seconds later...

^^
Nope. 360 or PS3 only I'm afraid.

Kudos for you for giving a more reasonable answer! I have got a sore head after the England debacle yesterday!:):p

There seems to be a lot of mileage when batting, at least early on, in just dropping the ball and running

Brook added 4 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Hmm just hit a 4 with poor timing using a lofted shot, full on the power stick. To be fair all the fielders were in so perfectly possible, and it went along the ground half the way. Also it was at Kolkatta

Batting is too easy in broadcast view but too hard in 3rd person, well for me anyways.

Well... I went out and bought an XBOX360 just for this, I did buy AC2009 and FIFA 2010 World Cup for something to play while I was waiting! I was a bit more impressed with the way AC2009 played on it than the PC at least you don't have to worry about machine specs, shame about not being able to mod though but to be honest the lack of a PC version isn't the end of the world:)

Back to my first Impressions....I don't think there is massive differences between AC2009 & IC 2010 that is my honest opinion, yes graphically it has been improved and we have updated squads, the best thing for me (which apart from the 3rd person view is the only massive difference I feel) is the power of your shots which is worth the purchase alone, that adds a whole new dimension to the game, one gripe I had with this is player faces, again we'll get Dan Vettori without glasses, at least make them slightly resemble their true life counterparts! and you have a black Mark Vermulen (ZIM) erm *cough* research ;-)

I guess in due course we'll find out what bugs there are or have been fixed from AC2009 and we'll get the what should be done for the next version like there always is but for now with the XBOX360 version (and PS3 version) its nice just to pop the disc in and play (bar the renaming of squads :facepalm) I think rain should be included for test matches, that is a major omission in all cricket games!

As for the future of this series of cricket games, bar the choppy graphics in the PC version of AC2009 and the odd bug which we've all come to know and love in all cricket games, I hope this sells well and we continue to see further games from these guys as both AC2009 and IC2010 really are decent games and maybe we'll see a return to a PC version but I fear PC gaming has certainly waned a bit plus I hate having to register with steam or download, I do like my official boxed ready to go games hence the transfer onto console;)

First impressions 85% from me!

Steve S.

Last edited:
Started a serious minded attempt at a test last night as my previous effort was really just a recce. Woah. England toiling at 37/0 in 17 overs, both Strauss and Cook struggling after a decent start. At one point the run rate was 5 but after a few hits from bouncers ( thanks Mr Hilfenhaus ) their confidence seems to have deserted them. Fielders have pushed in closer, good move from the AI, and Johnson has come in for Bolly. Timing has gone to pieces and I'm clinging on. It's only been by luck that I haven't lost a wicket yet as I can barely get bat to ball at present.

Confidence definately affects how the players perform, I really notice a big improvement in the AI's aggresiveness when you begin to struggle. M Johnson has even fired a couple in at 94.4mph which I've got nowhere near. Fielders are getting in a bit closer to combat my nudges which is a little scary. I'm hoping that if I keep blocking and pinching the odd single I can restore their abilities. Hard going.

I don't know about anyone else but with the HUD off I'm terrified to leave any delivery, I find it really tricky to suss out where it's going. Anyone else finding the same? Not a criticism btw, I love how difficult it is. One criticism I do have however is with the tutorials. I wish it was possible to go through them with the HUDs off, rather than HUD on. I feel that would give you a better chance in the real thing as it really is a different kettle of fish without them.

south africa are 5 an over at 100-3 and I'm playing a test. This probably because they were only chasing 58 after a poor first innings by me batting with England lol

WOW I just saw an outfield dive instead of pointless dives in the infield

Wicket!!

A B Devilliers out for 38 south africa are now 149-4 with kallace on 70.

Wicket!!

Kallace gone for 78, I sense a collapse, but I also sensed a collapse when south africa were 35-3, then they got a 114 run partnership

Wicket

Boucher gone for 10 s.a are now 198 for 6

Wicket!!

steyn's gone, caught off an edge, s.a are now 203 for 7 after 36 overs

Wicket!!

harris is gone for a duck, caught a gulley, bowled by anderson

wicket!!

parnells caught behind and andersons got his 5fer. s.a are now 212-9 off 39.4 overs

next ball morkel was out clean bowled, I'm in to bat now.
south africa all out for 212 after 39.9 overs

Last edited:
Last edited:
This thread is transforming from an impressions thread to a scores thread!!!

This thread is transforming from an impressions thread to a scores thread!!!

i would suggest people post a summary of their game along with their impression of how the experience was playing the AI

Users who are viewing this thread