International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

Well Zapak(the distributors of IC10 in India) have said in a recent press release that they will release IC10 for XBOX 360 and PS 3 in India in June and for the Cricket World Cup they will release the same codemasters game for PC. Wait a second I will and try and get the link.

P Squared added 3 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Here's the link.

Codemasters to release a PC cricket game for World Cup 2011 - CricketGaming

I'd take any release with a pinch of salt until you hear it from Codemasters themselves, there could be any number of reasons why IC2010 was released console only ranging from piracy, low sales, difficultly in getting the game to run on low-mid spec PC's or just getting something out on the more popular formats to boost cash sales for future projects which if it costs extra to put the game onto PC and then if it's pirated you lose the cash you would've made to further the series.

I think there will be a PC version of sorts in the future but it will require a Steam account.

Steve S.

Didn't Heath say in his interview with Matt that they're looking to release a version for PC for the World Cup maybe? I seem to recall that. Either way, it's not IC10 for PC.

After a wee whiles soul searching I've turned HUD on to minimal for a bit. Huge difference in playability for me. From 37/0 after 17 Hudless I'm now now 68/0 after 22. Punter dropped a catch off Watson bowling to Cook. Other than that batting is changed completely by that one adjustment. I'll try to get their confidence back as both are currently Timid. Not what you want from your openers. May turn HUD back off once I get my eye in again, don't know which I prefer yet - HUD off is painfully hard yet realistic, HUD less does make it easier but at the cost of realism. Hmm.

I have found my first glitch too. Dinked it into the gap between cover point and extra cover and no fielder went for the ball. I'd ran 3 before anyone moved and ended up with a run 4. May be a one off. Helped the acceleration in the scoring though. ;)

Just had an interesting moment. Bowling with Hauritz, I bowl a full ball outside off to Dhoni, who goes for the cover drive. The ball hits his foot, and the team appeals for LBW, but then the ball rolls onto the stumps and he is given out bowled.

Another thing I've noticed is the lack of LBWs given. Aus have had a good half dozen turned down that Hawkeye has shown to be hitting stumps. Not complaining, I'd be well buggered if they had been but it seems harsh. Law of averages would suggest at least 2 to be given so far.

Another thing I've noticed is the lack of LBWs given. Aus have had a good half dozen turned down that Hawkeye has shown to be hitting stumps. Not complaining, I'd be well buggered if they had been but it seems harsh. Law of averages would suggest at least 2 to be given so far.

Maybe they were hitting outside the line? Dunno, all mine have been given right...

Quitters are already back, why could they just not give a win once someone quits? i mean i was on brink of winning the match and what happens the person quits...don't understand why they never did that but oh well.

Didn't Heath say in his interview with Matt that they're looking to release a version for PC for the World Cup maybe? I seem to recall that. Either way, it's not IC10 for PC.

You're probably right mate, I haven't had the chance to delve into threads and interviews so I would'nt know fingers crossed then :)

Cheers,

Steve S.

Quite the opposite, it wasn't mentioned in what made the final cut, and when I was talking to him about it, they knew about that article, but that was the first they heard of any plans for it, and Codemasters haven't told them anything. He mentioned that they basically would have needed two extra developers throughout the development period for IC2010 to make the needed changes and PC specific fixes, as well as the costs for support.

Zapak may well be planning something, but it hasn't reached TrickStar, and there's no guarantee they'd be involved with it, like how the Wii version of AC09 was an updated BLIC07 from a UK developer and shares almost nothing in common with the version for the other games.

Quitters are already back, why could they just not give a win once someone quits? i mean i was on brink of winning the match and what happens the person quits...don't understand why they never did that but oh well.

yes i've had my first quitter to , PLUCKS 19 his psn

started a 25 over ODI

i bowled him out for 74
was cruising a 42/1 when he quit bloody time waster

Something that enrages me immensely is that they allow us to edit names but we can't enter the full names of half the players because somebody thought having a 6 letter limit is genius.

Whoever it was at Trickstar Games please slam your head in a door.

I can't edit half the Indian team because of this stupid thing.

Quite the opposite, it wasn't mentioned in what made the final cut, and when I was talking to him about it, they knew about that article, but that was the first they heard of any plans for it, and Codemasters haven't told them anything. He mentioned that they basically would have needed two extra developers throughout the development period for IC2010 to make the needed changes and PC specific fixes, as well as the costs for support.

Zapak may well be planning something, but it hasn't reached TrickStar, and there's no guarantee they'd be involved with it, like how the Wii version of AC09 was an updated BLIC07 from a UK developer and shares almost nothing in common with the version for the other games.

Yeah but anyhow we're getting a PC cricket game.:happy

In other words, it could be heading for an EA type situation - Fifa PC, compared with Fifa on console.

In other words, it could be heading for an EA type situation - Fifa PC, compared with Fifa on console.
Well if it's an India targeted release that makes the most sense, as the standard of PCs there is much lower due to the cost of components (if you have to price the game at $10 to even get some legal sales, requiring $100 graphics cards is a bit of a barrier).

I really should stress that is my perception of it, but the core point is that I've not heard anything from any of our sources that suggest a game is in development, so I wouldn't bet on a PC version just yet.

Thank God I have a console now, so I no longer have to worry about some developers' increasing bias against the PC. There are of course certain gaming experiences that will only ever really work on the PC - such as the excellent Total War series, and flight simulators among others, but it's nice to have the ability to order games like Fight Night 4 - enroute to me now - can't wait. :)

Users who are viewing this thread