International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

In other words, it could be heading for an EA type situation - Fifa PC, compared with Fifa on console.

And EA (if they ever come back to Cricket) will also create that kind of a situation, meaning we wont even have the PES of Cricket.

Got my copy today, it's much better than I expected - especialy the graphics. I take back everything I said about the player faces most look really good. Though Bell's hair made me lol.

Gameplay is better, commentary is good. It just seems more like cricket. When I beat micheal clarke through the gate with swann I actually cheered :D

Something that enrages me immensely is that they allow us to edit names but we can't enter the full names of half the players because somebody thought having a 6 letter limit is genius.

Whoever it was at Trickstar Games please slam your head in a door.

I can't edit half the Indian team because of this stupid thing.

6 letters for forenames more for surnames;) I did... B McCullum, D Vettori etc etc you will always struggle for Sri Lankan, Indian and Pakistani player names :yes

Just wish they'd put in glasses, long beards etc.

Steve S.

SteveS3667 added 0 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Got my copy today, it's much better than I expected - especialy the graphics. I take back everything I said about the player faces most look really good. Though Bell's hair made me lol.

Gameplay is better, commentary is good. It just seems more like cricket. When I beat micheal clarke through the gate with swann I actually cheered :D

Bell's eyes made me laugh:D

Steve S.

SteveS3667 added 2 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Still don't know whether to buy this game!

If you liked AC2009, you will like this, it is better but if you are unsure read the thread for a few weeks to see what bugs, gripes and also positives come out of the game and then see which side of the fence you're on ;)

Steve S.

Just had an interesting moment. Bowling with Hauritz, I bowl a full ball outside off to Dhoni, who goes for the cover drive. The ball hits his foot, and the team appeals for LBW, but then the ball rolls onto the stumps and he is given out bowled.

That same thing happened to me, with Collingwood though.

Just had my most glaring glitch yet.

M Prior edged to the keeper Haddin, I wasn't sure if it was a catch or not so thought I'd try and nick a run. Aggers shouted for the catch as I started my run only for the ball to be thrown at the stumps. An appeal followed, umpire refers to 3rd umpire and Collingwood was run out. No sign of the catch, and it was a catch going by the replay. Still no LBWs given yet either after 16 shouts.

Can't decide if having minimal HUD makes it too easy or not, boundaries are possible with it on whereas without I'm struggling. Anyone else having this dilemma?

Are you still playing the game as much. The post have slowed down a lot. So the bugs are starting to come now, i thought that would happen. I don't mind a few small bugs, some of them are funny. I had one on a cricket game about 10 years ago. Can not remember the game. The bowler bowls the ball and the ball goes to the wk, he then runs of to the outfield and stands there for about 10 sec. i always thought he ran of for a smoke with warney.:laugh

^^^

Don't forget it's Saturday today mate. I dare say a lot of us have restricted gaming on a weekend due to families, pubs etc.

It didn't take the brains of an archbishop to figure out that more bugs would be discovered after more play. Some of us have had the game since Tuesday so we've hit it for a decent time now hence more notice being paid now the thrill of the new is beginning to wear off.

This is still a fantastic cricket game, it truly is.

True. I work most weekends so i forgot sorry. Yes every good game has that first few days of yes this is so cool moments. Also the world cup is on to.:doh.ps i don't have the game yet so i am yet to feel like a kid at xmas.:banana2:hpraise

The bugs being reported so far are hardly 'game killers'

Interestingly enough, there has not been a thread so far on "IC10 Bugs List", which is the first thing to go up. Another 'first' for a cricket game.

There needs to be another HUDness between minimal and off. Minimal gives me too much time to place the ball wherever I want (batting and bowling) but off is just purely a stab in the dark. There's not enough time to really react while batting, and bowling is pretty much guesswork. Maybe I'm just total rubbish.

There needs to be another HUDness between minimal and off. Minimal gives me too much time to place the ball wherever I want (batting and bowling) but off is just purely a stab in the dark. There's not enough time to really react while batting, and bowling is pretty much guesswork. Maybe I'm just total rubbish.

I concur. Hud off was harder than a hard thing, Hud minimal led to a few boundaries and even a 6. I can't think what could be done, maybe the pitch point marker flashes for a sec then goes? Dunno. It's a conundrum.

Users who are viewing this thread