International Cricket 2010 Impressions Thread

I am getting absolutely hammered. Watson and Clarke are taking me apart, especially Clarke, he's been awesome. After 10 overs they're 98/1 with Watson 34* from 21 and Clarke 38* from 21. Rashid's been carted for 29 off 2 overs, with Swann going for 22. Need a couple of wickets TBH.

Bought a PS3 and the game after work today. First impressions are that it's bloody difficult and will take some getting used to.
Totally agree that action cam great for batting and not for bowling. I've also found a bug (!). Ponting came down the track to Swann and it went for leg byes. Fine leg jogged up and threw it in but Ponting didn't attempt too regain his ground; just stood there. Remember that happening in AC09 but thought they fixed it.
Can't see me getting much time to test-drive it over the weekend but I'll do my best ;)

Clarke gone at last. Managed 45 off 27 before lobbing one to mid-off that was caught nicely by Morgan. After 12.4 overs they're 123/2, with Bresnan and Wright picking up the wickets.

Haha awesome. Golden-arm Bresnan. White gone first ball under-edging a pull onto off-stump. Bresnan on a hat-trick :D

Bought a PS3 and the game after work today. First impressions are that it's bloody difficult and will take some getting used to.
Totally agree that action cam great for batting and not for bowling. I've also found a bug (!). Ponting came down the track to Swann and it went for leg byes. Fine leg jogged up and threw it in but Ponting didn't attempt too regain his ground; just stood there. Remember that happening in AC09 but thought they fixed it.
Can't see me getting much time to test-drive it over the weekend but I'll do my best ;)

Oh mate! You have made my day! I thought I was mad getting a console for this game but glad someone else has done so too. Hope to see you online soon!:)

I'm also part of the 'using a PS3 for IC10 only' group if it makes you feel better :p

Ha ha! We should set up a special fan-group! Meh...maybe not! But still, we are either mad, desperate or utterly committed! Maybe a bit of all three!

Also it is worth noting. Most people are skittling sides when controlling England!!

England are the highest rated bowling outfit!

Only problem is... you cant tinker there stats! But you can adjust other countries stats. Teams like Pakistan India South Africa should all have stats that are similar they all are apable of big scores.

At the moment the gulf in stats with India 86 and Pakistan in the 70's is too big!!

Especially as it makes such an impact on how they play!

these are the kind of scores we used to get in ac09...........
and most of the ai scores are between 100-200 as said by the most active member............

but dont know why you guys are concentrating so much on test cricket can someone please tell me about ai pacing in 50 over cricket........

I played a 50 over game, SA v England (me), they scored 355-4 from 50 overs, really well balanced, and good scroing from the AI.

Just about everyone online will play as England now :doh last year it was AUS and SA.

Has anyone seen edges fly to the boundary? wide of slip, or wide of the keeper if there is no slip

For those who followed the first game and me getting destroyed with the Indians declaring on 675/6 will be interesting to see how the South Africans bounce back and what the Indians do!

Wealey mate, I have absolutely loved your updates, I have been switching between my games and finding out your woes :yes

Getting absolutely hammered again at the death. Just can't seem to work out where a good area to bowl is at the death. Watson's moved to 93* from 47 and Dussey's come in and smacked 23 off 11. They've still got Haddin and Mussey to come FFS. 189/3 with 3 overs to go. I would settle for anything under 220 now.

King Pietersen added 5 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Chasing down 223 to win then. Watson finished 111* with Dussey making 34* from 20. Awful bowling performance really. Just hope I bat better than I bowled.

Getting absolutely hammered again at the death. Just can't seem to work out where a good area to bowl is at the death. Watson's moved to 93* from 47 and Dussey's come in and smacked 23 off 11. They've still got Haddin and Mussey to come FFS. 189/3 with 3 overs to go. I would settle for anything under 220 now.

King Pietersen added 5 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Chasing down 223 to win then. Watson finished 111* with Dussey making 34* from 20. Awful bowling performance really. Just hope I bat better than I bowled.

Good though that "poor" bowling gets punished!

Just about everyone online will play as England now :doh last year it was AUS and SA.

Has anyone seen edges fly to the boundary? wide of slip, or wide of the keeper if there is no slip

I had an outside edge that went between keeper and slips. does that count?!

But then again, i also had a mid wicket fielder than ran straight over the ball instead of stopping it on the boundry too!! :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread